Lt. Commander
So, this ship is T1 initially and from what I was understanding, gains higher weapon damage based off your characters level. My main question is, will this ship remain a T1 all the way to Admiral level?

The slots are pretty limited atm, and I am not sure if the ship advances in level with the player.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-18-2010, 01:16 AM
I've heard that the beam array damage scales with level.. I haven't observed this myself.. not that i looked after making LtC. It's basically the light cruiser with an extra engineering console.. it's nice.. But I couldn't see using it longer than Lt..
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2010, 01:22 AM
the phaser do level up and you can take them out and put them onto another ships if you want (although i dont think they are any better or worse than the other phasers you would get at that level anyway)

the ship itself does not increase in power or ability with each rank
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2010, 01:33 AM
I got the Connie ordering the game through Gamestop.

It is better than the other first tier ship (due to the second engineering console) but after you make Lt. Commander it is pretty worthless.

It would only be worth the cost if you are a big TOS fan and like to create lots of alt characters, otherwise you won't get much use out of it.

And yes the blue phasers will level up with you, but they are a few DPS points lower than the phasers you can get in the top tier of each level.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-18-2010, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the replies
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-18-2010, 03:55 AM
Yea after I got my connie I had to make a video with it using real voices from the OST series.

really glad they decided to make one for the game!

came out great!

posted on this thread or my sig.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=168628
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-18-2010, 04:56 AM
It is not as good as the Miranda. I'm an RA 5 (not skilled in cruisers I admit) but this ship lasts as long as toilet paper in a hurricane!

I still like having it, and I plan on using it for my Diplomatic Missions only!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-18-2010, 05:49 AM
At RA 5, the beam arrays top at at the equivilent to MK IX beam array weapons. When the level cap increaces, they shoud be 1 or 2 DPS better than a MK X beam array.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-18-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post
It is not as good as the Miranda. I'm an RA 5 (not skilled in cruisers I admit) but this ship lasts as long as toilet paper in a hurricane!

I still like having it, and I plan on using it for my Diplomatic Missions only!
Not sure how you came to that conclusion considering that in addition to the extra engineering slot, it has more hull points. The blue phaser banks also have a 2% crit chance on them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-18-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavoratu View Post
Yea after I got my connie I had to make a video with it using real voices from the OST series.

really glad they decided to make one for the game!

came out great!

posted on this thread or my sig.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=168628
Great video Bavoratu....

I do like the Connie, but I am an ancient old goat (older than Star Trek) who loves TOS....

Keep up the good work