Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
07-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Deck, He made several legitimate points and from what he agrees/disagrees with my OP, he would seem to be more disagreeing than agreeing but nearly to the point of being impartial. He, unlike us, is satisfied. Players always drive for more, and that's what keeps a company moving, however, when the company decides they want to charge the players booku bucks for more, that's when production will come to a standstill and players will riot
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
07-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
The C-Store is here to stay, and people need to get over it already.

Starting a dozen new threads every day complaining about the C-Store is as childish as it is stupid.

I realize that you all are enamored of this idea of a wonderful future in which people aren't oppressed by the existence of money, but that doesn't exist. In the real world that we all live in money makes the world go round.

And you'd better get used to it.
I AM used to it, im NOT used to playing a game that I pay a monthly fee for AND get nickelled and dimed to death for in theme content that should have been in the game to start with (iconic uniforms, ships, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themagikz View Post
Deck, He made several legitimate points and from what he agrees/disagrees with my OP, he would seem to be more disagreeing than agreeing but nearly to the point of being impartial. He, unlike us, is satisfied. Players always drive for more, and that's what keeps a company moving, however, when the company decides they want to charge the players booku bucks for more, that's when production will come to a standstill and players will riot
Then I spologize for being an ass but when I see that "entitlement" crap, it puts me right off the post cause its the same assinine crap after that from what Ive seen till now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
07-18-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck_of_many_things
as soon as you take the "entitlement = whining" route, I stop reading. Its an assinine argument. Try rephrasing it without using your buzzword and I might.
Fine cut out the first line. It still works.

Irony is such an interesting thing when a person that hates buzzwords uses a buzzword like buzzword.

I always write to say what I mean with every word used in context. The term whiny was used to describe the tone of the argument while entitlement was used to describe the perspective in which the OP was used. How would you describe it, when the gist of the argument is that you are demanding something that you are not getting?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
07-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themagikz View Post
I must say that the best thing, If they were going to keep the C-Store is to offer chances in-game to obtain C-Store points. Such as completing extreme fleet actions on Elite difficulty. Almost near-impossible tasks or feats. Or like I think the chap with the picard avatar said, every 100 days of subscription, credit players with roughly 500 cryptic points so they have a shot at the cool stuffs.
that could work, im pro what this guy said...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
07-18-2010, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck_of_many_things
Thats where I stopped reading. Usually do with these posts, its funny, on other games (like WoW - yes, I realize theyve been here 5 years, mostly without an in games item cash shop but noone wants to see that of course), where you pay $15 a mionth and they give you free content (other than expansions of course) as part of patches and stuff, its not considered entitlement to want that content, but here it is. I dont get that. I also dont get why all the pro Cryptic whining always has to include that buzzword either.
You have to realize, that in many other games, you get content like whats in the C-Store free, and when we ask for it free (or at least as poart of our ongoing monthly charges - and please dont give me that tired company line of the $15 ONLY pays for maintenence, noone here believes is when Cryptic says it, Im not gonna buy it from you - a player that doesnt even have access to their books) like we've BEEN getting, you treat us like we're spoiled children, when we've been getting this as part of the service all along in other places.
Its like going into a Mcdonalds and when you get your food, you ask for some katsup, salt & pepper packets an some napkins and they try to charge you for all of them.
So all the new content is suddenly in the C-Store....

Guess people have a pretty low standard for contant when they count a few skins and ships as new and indispensable content. Well in the meantime I enjoy the new ships, the new missions the new minigame and new features that come with the monthly payment and let all the other wuzzies cry about the c-store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
07-18-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2data View Post
Fine cut out the first line. It still works.

Irony is such an interesting thing when a person that hates buzzwords uses a buzzword like buzzword.

I always write to say what I mean with every word used in context. The term whiny was used to describe the tone of the argument while entitlement was used to describe the perspective in which the OP was used. How would you describe it, when the gist of the argument is that you are demanding something that you are not getting?
So to you anyone that asks for anything they are not getting where they are but do get elsewhere is "whiny and entitled"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
So all the new content is suddenly in the C-Store....

Guess people have a pretty low standard for contant when they count a few skins and ships as new and indispensable content. Well in the meantime I enjoy the new ships, the new missions the new minigame and new features that come with the monthly payment and let all the other wuzzies cry about the c-store.
Really? Apparently I missed new ships then... which ones are those that have been added to the game and NOT the CStore? And Im especially talking full model ships (Galaxy X, Excelsior, Nebula - the last two are ships we've been asking for since launcjh and before) not just skins.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
07-18-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
The C-Store is here to stay, and people need to get over it already.

Starting a dozen new threads every day complaining about the C-Store is as childish as it is stupid.

I realize that you all are enamored of this idea of a wonderful future in which people aren't oppressed by the existence of money, but that doesn't exist. In the real world that we all live in money makes the world go round.

And you'd better get used to it.
Let's see, People who pay for the game, Logically (Let's do some Vulcan mind tricks here) should have a say in what is done with said game. Now, If what the mass populous wants to be done to the game is not done, the game will lose said mass populous. Therefore, and logically, crippling the game and throwing it into turmoil and degrading it to dust. The more we complain, the closer we get to a resolution / agreement. The sheer fact that you are not driven to obtain what should not be priced, absolutely floors me. Apparently you don't work for the money you spend.

However! I will give you this. The purchases are optional.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
07-18-2010, 04:28 AM
Regardless, and I shall re-iterate. I love the new features, and I'm very pleased with what is coming out. I'm just protesting like Deck over here, that we shouldn't be as he so eloquently put it "Nickeled and Dimed" for theme related extras.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
07-18-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx
Unfortunately Revo, that very argument suggests the game is unsustainable.
We pay a monthly subscription to play the game so that Cryptic can continue to create content in the game for us to play.
No it does not.

i said more money, equals more content faster. less money equals less content, slower.
i never suggested that without the c-store that the game becomes unsustainable or that it should be implied from my comments. we are getting a lot of content. i dare say much more than most other games i have seen. considering sto has a small team and they dont have millions of subscribers like wow we are getting a huge amount of update. less c-store does means less updates but it does not then become unsustainable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrinx

IIRC Dstahl already said that Cryptic purchases do not fund season updates, and if that is the case, both of our points are moot and it still does not explain the necessity for a C store.
i dont believe i have seen that quote. i know he said c-store funds future c-store but i don't believe he said it does not fund the game itself. i would have a hard time believing that unless there is a clear quote.

it still explains the future c-store content. if the c-store team is actually being paid out of the revenue from the store then yes it would. other team members might then be required to spend their time designing the c-store items to add to the game for free like the nebula and excelsior, slowing down work on other areas.

this is all a little complex to talk about as none of us know how and where the money goes and who does what with it or how their teams are structured. none of us know cryptics financial situations and how they allocate their money, and we can only go off of what we hear from the devs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
07-18-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
The C-Store is here to stay, and people need to get over it already.

Starting a dozen new threads every day complaining about the C-Store is as childish as it is stupid.

I realize that you all are enamored of this idea of a wonderful future in which people aren't oppressed by the existence of money, but that doesn't exist. In the real world that we all live in money makes the world go round.

And you'd better get used to it.
the trill speaks wise words
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:10 AM.