Lt. Commander
Federation Cloaking Devices
- My pet theory is that the entirety of Starfleet Command and the Federation Council is now controlled by a mix of Undine and Section 31, possibly a few more being bluegill or changelings. Everyone above the players in rank is one or the other and both have an agenda to push with cloaking devices. I think it helps to justify all the player admirals if ALL higher ranked NPCs are illegitimate, then we really do have to rise up and be the ones in charge of the Federation because there's no one legitimate left running the show above us. Yeah, that does mean demonizing Quinn and a few others but I kinda like the idea that the command structure has been so compromised that no one is left to give us orders (and our very promotions are suspect).

Where's Data?
- He and the Enterprise were last seen headed towards a Starbase that disappeared. I think the Iconians made them vanish to a distant place and time and Starfleet has been keeping mum for fear of the impact on morale.

What happened to the Borg?
- They've gone through some major appearance changes and upgrades since we last saw them. We've encountered Manus of Borg, their new female counterpart to the Federation, but we also know they have a new queen who hasn't appeared yet. My pet theory? Amanda Rogers eventually decided to leave the Q Continuum, renounce her powers, and become human again. She was assimilated and became the new Queen, imparting the collective with all of the Q knowledge that her mortal brain could still hold.

And while we're at it...

How could JJ Abrams Uniforms/Ship Designs be brought into the game (pending approval from Paramount)?
- Well, the C-Store is the obvious answer, right? But what I'm thinking is, a Constitution class ship from the Abramsverse might try to re-open and backtrack through the wormhole that brought Spock and Nero to their universe. They could then arrive in our universe, possibly with a villain of their own in tow, and we could have a reverse version of Star Trek 2009, with visitors from the Abramsverse causing trouble in the Prime timeline.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-19-2010, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Federation Cloaking Devices

And while we're at it...

How could JJ Abrams Uniforms/Ship Designs be brought into the game (pending approval from Paramount)?
- Well, the C-Store is the obvious answer, right? But what I'm thinking is, a Constitution class ship from the Abramsverse might try to re-open and backtrack through the wormhole that brought Spock and Nero to their universe. They could then arrive in our universe, possibly with a villain of their own in tow, and we could have a reverse version of Star Trek 2009, with visitors from the Abramsverse causing trouble in the Prime timeline.
That could never happen. The wormhole that brought Spock and Nero back in time, began and ended in it's own timeline. It started in the future and ended in the past. Problem is that then the timeline split. There's no connection between the new time line and the old timeline any more except at the branch point, so the only way it could really happen is if it happened at the time of the movie.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r2data View Post
That could never happen. The wormhole that brought Spock and Nero back in time, began and ended in it's own timeline. It started in the future and ended in the past. Problem is that then the timeline split. There's no connection between the new time line and the old timeline any more except at the branch point, so the only way it could really happen is if it happened at the time of the movie.
That's not true. Even if they are divergent timelines, they're still persistent layers of the universe and could be linked by a wormhole. Think of a stack of papers, each one being a different time and place in the universe. Link two of them together (wormhole) and you can go anywhere and anytime. It doesn't matter if they're not the same - Mirror Universe, anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-19-2010, 07:15 AM
We all know that starfleet is run by murlocks these days, Enterprise and crew went on a vacation to a nice tropical planet and the borg fell in love with the borg queen and thus they tried to improve themselves to impress her.

Those my friends are simple facts.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
theri wueen
I theorize that this would be a cool name for an alien.

I also agree with the theory that Starfleet Command and the Federation Council have been taken over by inimical forces. Say, whatever happened to those buggy critters - neural parasties - from the TNG episode, Conspiracy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspir...TNG_episode%29
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Conspiracy_%28episode%29

Quinn had one inside him.

"The neural parasites have thus far never reappeared on-screen..."
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Mayhem
I theorize that this would be a cool name for an alien.

I also agree with the theory that Starfleet Command and the Federation Council have been taken over by inimical forces. Say, whatever happened to those buggy critters - neural parasties - from the TNG episode, Conspiracy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspir...TNG_episode%29
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Conspiracy_%28episode%29

Quinn had one inside him.

"The neural parasites have thus far never reappeared on-screen..."
The neural parasites never appeared again because the material was too touchy for Star Trek apparently. It's also likely because the idea behind them was used to flesh out the Trill species. I would LOVE to see them show up again, though.

About a month ago, some members of my fleet and I got together and played out a scenario involving the neural parasites (one having camouflaged itself as a Trill Symbiont). It was very interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99

Where's Data?
- He and the Enterprise were last seen headed towards a Starbase that disappeared. I think the Iconians made them vanish to a distant place and time and Starfleet has been keeping mum for fear of the impact on morale.
I said it before; he's not missing, theyre just working out the lisencing

lol the "might be Udine" thing is a bit too BSG
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
We all know that starfleet is run by murlocks these days, Enterprise and crew went on a vacation to a nice tropical planet and the borg fell in love with the borg queen and thus they tried to improve themselves to impress her.

Those my friends are simple facts.
WTF just happened to my spelling there? anyway fixed
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck_of_many_things
I said it before; he's not missing, theyre just working out the lisencing

lol the "might be Udine" thing is a bit too BSG
I don't get why people think the Enterprise has disappeared. The Path to 2409 say the Enterprise went to investigate a starbase that stopped transmitting. It didn't say anything about the Enterprise disappearing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-19-2010, 09:47 AM
by now we are closing in on 2410 haven't heard from it for months which means:

MIA/PD