Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Three-Five-Nine
If you guys are talking about the per-character stuff, I think we're already seen the "official response".

They threw us a bone by changing the costume slots to character-wide.

I doubt very serioulsy that they will cave on ship and BO slots.

ymmv
We never thought theyd cave on the player council either given theyd already announced it and all
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Three-Five-Nine
.....I doubt very serioulsy that they will cave on ship and BO slots....
and I really FEAR the response of the community if they don't.

I'm kinda thinking they may end up as the camel's back if they choose that path..... and we are the straw floating ever so slowly down toward it......

Lt. Commander
# 23
07-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Nah, too busy farming Minmmy lvl 4 missions to get 600.000.000 isk for my Gist X-Type SB for my CNR. (This be a notebook btw.. usefull to read Mission Reports )
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Nah, too busy farming Minmmy lvl 4 missions to get 600.000.000 isk for my Gist X-Type SB for my CNR. (This be a notebook btw.. usefull to read Mission Reports )
I haven't played Eve in a couple months; I had forgotten how much some of the Faction gear can cost, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
I haven't played Eve in a couple months; I had forgotten how much some of the Faction gear can cost, lol.
whew !...I'm glad you gave a clue to what he was talking about......

... I was corn-fused.

..... more that usual.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-19-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Most I ever used my ISK for was to buy game cards... then it became too job like and I quit.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck_of_many_things
Most I ever used my ISK for was to buy game cards... then it became too job like and I quit.
Amen, sir, amen! I have one character left going over there, only because I bought a 6-month sub, so I'm waiting for it to end. Then, my last character (out of 3) will go into hibernation, heh.

Shame, really, because I like Eve. It's not Star Trek, but it is a good game. (Right up to the point it becomes a second job, like you said, lol.)
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
and I really FEAR the response of the community if they don't.

I'm kinda thinking they may end up as the camel's back if they choose that path..... and we are the straw floating ever so slowly down toward it......
Hmmm, Iím not sure that I see this as such a ďdeal breakerĒ for a big chunk of the population (aside from the apparent display of greed on Cryptic's part).

The extra ships slots are really no big deal. You can delete your T1 and T2 ships and vola!, two extra slots. Ship slots will really only be an issue at end game. I doubt that there are many players using T1 or T2 ships at end game. Hell, you could delete everything up to T5 and never look back. And if you *really* wanted one of the old ships back, you can purchase them from the vendor for mere chump change. Plus, there is a free ship slot coming at 200 days vet reward.

The BO slots are a bit more tricky. Those could honestly provide some value once players start trading BOís and upgrading crew. Thatís exactly why I think Cryptic sees it as a potential money-maker. But in the end, I donít think the *average* player uses more than ten boffs to run their ship or away teams.

I understand the outrage over the per-character stuff. Iíve even said that I wonít be purchasing ANYTHING from the C-Store that isnít account-wide. I just suspect Cryptic feels theyíve already met us half-way on this one.

Weíll see.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-19-2010, 08:40 AM
I dunno, but I kinda think this was a "lets see how much outrage is generated by this, and see if they'll just go along with it" type move. If enough people are willing to buy this tyhen theyd just move the whole operation to per character. Why not?
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Amen, sir, amen! I have one character left going over there, only because I bought a 6-month sub, so I'm waiting for it to end. Then, my last character (out of 3) will go into hibernation, heh.

Shame, really, because I like Eve. It's not Star Trek, but it is a good game. (Right up to the point it becomes a second job, like you said, lol.)
And then there are those of us who reach that point (which some consider rock-bottom), and then we start digging the ground.

600.000.000 is little money compared to the 1.7 billion i'll have to shell for my crystal implant set :p

But then again, what cheers me up is that in EVE the hardest part is getting the millions. Once you get your first (or second) billion, money comes in fast.