Lt. Commander
# 21
07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starseeker13
As game stands i've lost interest in the pvp aspect of klingon faction so extra pve missions is a must in my opinion to keep an interest in game and to improve faction population.
Starseeker13,

The Federation has enough PvE content that a Fed player can level to VA without PvP - I've done it, RA5 on Halodeck and VA1 on Tribble - all with 0 PvP.

Even if you count all the new PvE content on Tribble for Klingons, one can't find enough mission XP to get from BG5 to LtGen on Tribble. I know, because I am a LtGen on Tribble, did all the missions to test, and still had to grind the rest of the way. There isn't even 10K worth of XP with the Klingon missions, and the cap is 72,700.

PvP isn't going away, it will still be critical to new Klingons who level - particularly if they want the best gear (the PvP venders on Ganalda have more choices than the exploration venders on Qonos). I agree the new content is nice, since I tested it all for them and think the artwork is simply amazing, but at the end of the day Klingons are either the longest exploration grind in the game or a PvP faction that requires other players to level.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
(Stands up and clears throat)

I am a daily Klingon.

(sits back down, but eyes the doughnuts and free coffee with maliciuos intent)
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-19-2010, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
Hmm. I thought my Mirror Universe uniforms not being available for months after launch was a pretty severe bug .
Are you suggesting a character costume bug is in any way a bug equal to a PvP bug - when a PvP bug impacts the primary form of gameplay available to the entire Klingon faction?

/facepalm

Please lord, give me patience when communicating to absolutely f-in ignorant foolish mfers on this forum.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksided View Post
One more thought on this.

We are second class citizen when we have to make our problems the same as a Federation player in order to get any attention to our problems.

When Cryptic responds to Klingon issues that are clearly only problems to Federation players building alt characters - instead of listening to existing daily Klingon playerbase - Cryptic is establishing the social contract that existing Klingon players are second class.

We are exactly what we have been made to be. Proportional treatment indeed.
Hmm. Every play a little Cryptic MMO called City of Villians?

Been there, done that, and it didn't get fixed even after several years of development time on the shared platform. Appearantly the lessons learned from that bifurcation of the players was to produce shared content. They skipped pretty directly to that phase on this game .

I'm trying to think how you can best serve your goals. My first thought is you might try using the forums to organize PvP events on a regular schedule. The more people there are using the tool, the more the Devs will care about keeping it polished and sharp. Grow the population playing AS AND WITH 'daily Klingons'. Make the proportionality work for you. If there are people saying "I subscribe to this game because I am a part of the "Friday Night Phaserfight" events." then when folks that organize the event ask for something to be looked at, you've got some traction. Player run events are very improtant to the health of a game with such obvious problems with retention at the end game. Scratch their back and they'll scratch yours.

Another way you might get better attention is to stage demonstratons of bugs. Pick a regular time when Devs are in office and arrange for GMs and Devs to be present when you illustrate a problem with live play.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Are you suggesting a character costume bug is in any way a bug equal to a PvP bug - when a PvP bug impacts the primary form of gameplay available to the entire Klingon faction?

/facepalm

Please lord, give me patience when communicating to absolutely f-in ignorant foolish mfers on this forum.
Hey, it was a determing factor for me. You want to poke fun at my reasons for playing, but can't figure out why other people don't give a rat's left buttock about your concerns? Look in the mirror and think on it a little harder.

I'm dealling with you pretty civilly, but I can stop if you like.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Well ,speaking for myself,

I do want the klingon PvE content, and its beautifull on tribble.
I do want a storyline of our own that we can follow if we chose to do so.
I don't care much about PvP.
I agree Klingons have a vast history some PVE would be excellent.

And in case no one has noticed the PVP in this game sux for the klingons and the feds. The game is half finished if it is to survive Klingon content is a MUST as well as a more fleshed out PVP. RIght now it's play Fed to RA then quit or play alt the game needs more depth and fleshing out the Klingons is the way to create

1) A more balanced experience
2) Larger Klingon player base leading to better PVP.

just my humble opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:

PvP isn't going away, it will still be critical to new Klingons who level - particularly if they want the best gear (the PvP venders on Ganalda have more choices than the exploration venders on Qonos). I agree the new content is nice, since I tested it all for them and think the artwork is simply amazing, but at the end of the day Klingons are either the longest exploration grind in the game or a PvP faction that requires other players to level.

Any new KDF players are leveling by constant monotonous exploration grinds as i did with my last char. this is the only efficient way to level a klingon char at the moment without spending a total of a few hours waiting in pvp queues for very little xp. The pvp queues even at BG level are now empty the vast majority of the time on KDF side since the feds got cloaks and ships with special abilities, this will be even more apparent when season 2 goes live on holo.

Alot of new Klingon pve content is the only way to improve KDF other than revising the skills available to both faction to create uniqueness, the few missions we get in season 2 is a very small but important step towards improving KDF population.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-19-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
I disagree to a point. STO's gameplay mechanics is the same for both sides. Sure, each side uses different strategy and tactics in PvP since the ships are different, but the mechanics are all the same. It's still the same game. And if the PvE content was there, your day-to-day Klingon gameplay could be almost identical to the Fed side.

You're trying to merge the topic of faction-specific development with the motivation of "unique" gameplay style. That's a very weak tie-in and why others are arguing with you. Your motive is genuine and some of what you want (more attention/development on the Klingon side) is also what I want, but your reasoning for that is debatable.
I welcome that debate (or argument) cipher_nemo, because I think it goes to the core of the Klingon issue - and truly desire this post to flesh out this issue. I have seen hundreds - literally hundreds - of players who played exclusively Klingon leave the game because Cryptic has added exactly 2 things to the entire game that were in line with the type of gameplay Cryptic created for the Klingon community - Shanty Town and Special Task Forces. If you look at these two additions - the new PvP map for ground PvP and the team centric Special Task Forces - that is the only content added to the Klingon side since release that was in line with community, team centric playstyle of Klingons.

Style of play is very important, and this isn't about mechanics - we shouldn't confuse the two. You have to understand, if you play Klingon everyday - unless you grind explorations only - you cannot play Klingon without interacting with other players. It is simply impossible. Every Klingon players game style is centric to the theme of interacting with other players - either in cooperation or competition - it is the style of game play they absolutely must enjoy in order to play Klingon - otherwise they are playing STO in misery. A Fed player does not need ANY contact with other players to enjoy multiple elements of the game. It is the difference between the complete absence of interaction and the solid, starting requirement of interaction. This has a huge impact on large communities - an impact that simply can't be shrugged away.

If Cryptic came along and told Federation players that ALL new content was going to force them to be grouped and competitive with other players - how many Feds would be happy? The same is true when Cryptic comes along as produces ALL new content that doesn't require a group and is not competitive for a Klingon. Klingons are outraged - most feel insulted - and it is impossible to miss why that is the case.

The new content on Tribble is great - I've played all of it available to Klingons and have screenshots in posts up and down all the Tribble forums - but the rejection reaction by Klingons is entirely predictable. In every single remaining Klingon fleet - the talk is about leaving the game, and in many cases the exodus has begun.

Does Cryptic care? Does Cryptic even recognize the issue? Does anyone besides me see how the new Klingon content, no matter how good, is basically a wasted effort because it is a complete mismatch with the playstyle Cryptic forced upon the entire Klingon community? Will it attract Federation players to play the Klingon faction? If so, great, but realize these players are unlikely to be more than alts of a Fed centric player - and the Klingon community built from release until now is the core of the Klingon Empire - and that core is disappearing precisely because of the mismatch between the game play style of the new content and the existing player base of the Klingon community.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
Hey, it was a determing factor for me. You want to poke fun at my reasons for playing, but can't figure out why other people don't give a rat's left buttock about your concerns? Look in the mirror and think on it a little harder.

I'm dealling with you pretty civilly, but I can stop if you like.
Fair enough. Note how the content that bothered you was completely individual centric content that impacted no one elses ability to play except you. Note how the content issues I am discussing impacts the every single Klingon players gameplay - the entire community.

The scopes are different, and I would argue, under equal treatment the problems with a scope that includes an entire community would be higher than one of an individual. Not the case when the community is Klingon and the individual is Fed - at least that is the perception of Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Well ,speaking for myself,

I do want the klingon PvE content, and its beautifull on tribble.
I do want a storyline of our own that we can follow if we chose to do so.
I don't care much about PvP.
what he said