Lt. Commander
# 1 Abandon this forum
07-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Okay, it's clear nobody in this forum is getting heard. I think it is time to go past accepting this.

STOP MAKING THREADS HERE. Klingon issues are part of the Star Trek Online Discussion at this point and need to be created there. It appears that only there do the devs address issues (aside from CptnLogan in all the ship threads)

BRING YOUR QUESTIONS AND REQUESTS TO WHERE THEY NEED TO BE....
Lt. Commander
# 2 GL Hope it works
07-19-2010, 11:32 AM
I have been watching the threads in the Star Trek Discussion area and they are pulling interest but I wonder if they will stay there or if they all will be moved back to this sub forum with little fan fair. They do like to sweep things under the rug a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Keep them going... I think we are making some progress.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Relinquo totus spes ye quisnam stipes hic
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
Keep them going... I think we are making some progress.
hmm I guess you must do what you must do.
juvyr V pna'g pbaqbar guvf gung vf abg n onq vqrn.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Well..

The major Klingon thread that was getting the most attention and draw was just shut down/closed by a Dev.

There was no obsenity, no threats, no trolling. All the dev said was that they know about the Klingon issues are were working on it, and now we needed to discuss real feedback or something to that effect. Actually, here is what he said exactly:

From Rekhan,

You're not being ignored. Like the rest of the feedback you guys provide, we collect it and make sure it goes to the right place. Making threads to remind us that hell no you won't go isn't productive. Your passion is inspiring and noted. Now, let's focus on actual feedback.

Sigh.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Honestly I'd shut that one down on the forums I moderate too, expendables opening post was borderline at best and came off more as an angry rant than anything remotely constructive.

These two threads on the other hand have stayed relatively rant free and neither have been shutdown.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=168899
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=169096
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-20-2010, 04:57 PM
That thread closed was a reactionary topic, and I don't think it really showed off the nuances of the klingon's arguments. It was mostly people saying STO was going to die. Now, Zodi's topic is the sort that I think we need to support fully, as it actually has really good ideas and arguments in it.

Edit: Yeah, Gatness beat me to it. XD
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-20-2010, 05:03 PM
<Shrug>

I agree that you both have points...and maybe it was the right thing to do...but there was some good stuff in that thread as well, and it was exposure to some of the issues...

Look at this forum. How many dev posts do you see in here? How much attention is spent in here at all? It is hard to say. Rekhan said that they ARE paying attention. Is that the case, and if so, then where is the proof? Why is there absolutely no dev acknowledgment in the past...what....several weeks of any post in this forum?

Look, I am not a wild-eyed fanatic...but you know what -- a simple, comprehensive, and meaningful post by a Dev addressing some of the concerns in the multitude of threads that are on this forum would go a LONG way towards solving some of the uncertainty and bad feelings that look to be cropping up here and there.

Do you disagree?
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-20-2010, 05:06 PM
I would suggest to post that in a PM, respectfully, to DStahl and see what happens. At best, he'll make a topic to explain stuff, and that may do some good.