Lt. Commander
# 41
07-21-2010, 05:57 AM
I agree that the KDF side is lacking in content,but you have to realize that it takes time to create the things you want.And yelling and screaming will not make it go any faster.I believe that our patience will be rewarded.
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-21-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
well not to shoot u way down but the 8 misisons coming in season 2 ar far from copy and past but this is i way late if the 8 misisons was the 1st baby steps in the 45 day patch then this whould been a lot calmer , but this is a a bit to little to late for most....
Hi i agree that the 8 KDF specific missions on Tribble are promising.
I've played 2 and enjoyed them.
I've also played the multi-factional epsiodes on Tribble.
Cryptics current stated plan is that the new Weekly missions with be playable by any faction.
This appears to be Cryptics plan for increasing KDF mission content after Season 2.
I believe that such missions will not be able to fully immerse or do justice to KDF storytelling.
I've played 2 missions on Tribble that are playable by either Faction and in the second mission i began to see indications that this entire Concept will not work in a satisfactory way for KDF players.
IT was clearly a Starfleet mission were absolutely ZERO account had been made for KDF players or the possibility to immerse themselves in being Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 43
07-21-2010, 08:28 AM
You know what that Dev post sounds like to me? The usual 'Be patient and in the mean time be gratefull for the scraps we throw you'......

Cross faction missions are NOT what we neeed, we need TRUE Klingon stories that tell a real tale of the Klingon Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 44
07-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
There's no need to abandon this forum, and we are listening to your feedback.
I just looked through the 20 pages of the Dev tracker and there are only 3 posts on the Klingon Gameplay forum. The one you just made, and 2 in German.
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-21-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
I agree that the KDF side is lacking in content,but you have to realize that it takes time to create the things you want.And yelling and screaming will not make it go any faster.I believe that our patience will be rewarded.
The problem is Klingons are a low priority for Cryptic. So while "yelling and screaming"(as you so ridiculously put it) may not make Cryptic WORK any faster, it very well MAY make them consider Klingons a higher priority, which effectively means Klingon issues get done faster than they would as a lower priority.
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I just looked through the 20 pages of the Dev tracker and there are only 3 posts on the Klingon Gameplay forum. The one you just made, and 2 in German.
Well I guess we have just been doing it all wrong. We should all translate our feedback into German so Hans, the lonely Klingon developer, can actually understand what we are asking for.

Lieber Cryptic, Wir möchten mehr Klingon Inhalt. Versehen Sie bitte uns mit zusätzlichen Schiffen und die Aufträge, die in der Quantität mit der Vereinigung vergleichbar sind, also können wir Ihr Produkt genießen. Danke
Lt. Commander
# 47
07-21-2010, 11:30 AM
klingon faction needs a "CapnLogan" candidate, someone who can communicate with the community openly and frequently about all things klingon
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
There's no need to abandon this forum, and we are listening to your feedback.

It is going to take time to correct the current faction imbalance, and it's something we're actively working on.

Klingons are getting a number of updates this Season to help begin to rectify this balance issue.

You are getting more updated costume options than the Federation is, and you are getting more new episodes than Federation Players are.

Yes, the Federation is getting the Diplomatic Corps, however, you are getting several new episodes strung across several levels, as well as access to any new "standard" PvE content being introduced. We know that this doesn't "fix" anything. However, it is a start.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Yes, there maybe several new episodes, but the Diplomatic Corps is a whole new game mechanic, with its own separate rewards. Several episodes != Diplomatic Corps.

The feds get 3 refit vessels each with unique powers, this in itself is going to have impact on PVP as there is no Klingon equivalents. One carrier just won't cut it.

Feds have another 2 ships coming on C-store yet again both have unique powers, the nebula AWACS power will also cause a pretty big shift of PVP balance as well.

Feds get to have a Klingon BO, complete with all the Klingon costume options through Diplomacy. Whether Klinks want them or not, there is no option to have Fed BO's on Klingon ships.

Diplomacy will also give feds a trans-warp ability, as well as the Excelsior C-store ship having a trans-warp power. Yet again no Klingon equivalent.
Lt. Commander
# 49
07-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafoc View Post
Yes, there maybe several new episodes, but the Diplomatic Corps is a whole new game mechanic, with its own separate rewards. Several episodes != Diplomatic Corps.
There's a reason why we didn't open up the Diplomatic Corps to Klingons. We felt it didn't make any sense.

I realize that there have been times when we've seen Klingon Diplomacy at work in the movies and television shows. However, the way that Klingon Diplomacy works is much different from the way federation Diplomacy works, and this was meant to be a non combat system, something the Fed players have been asking for.

The two are vastly different cultures. In "A Matter of Honor" we got to watch Riker become the first ever Star Fleet Officer to participate in an Officer Exchange Program with the KDF. During which time he spent a good deal of time studying the culture. What was the first thing he did once on board his new vessel serving as First Officer?

He beat the crap out of the ships second in command.

We've seen countless stories of incidents where Klingon "Diplomats" reach a "consensus" by simply "removing" those who have differing opinions from the conversation. The society is not ran by the pen, but rather by the sword, and sometimes, daggers in the night.

So, if you're telling me that you, the representatives of the "Mighty" Klingon Empire, have decided that you want to set aside your differences and come to the table and talk about all your problems instead of solving them like the warriors you are, I'll go try and convince the powers that be that you should be able to
join the Diplomatic Corps as well.

However, what I think your really want right now is more content that makes sense for Klingons. In which case, my answer remains the same. We're working on rectifying that imbalance. However, it's going to take time.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 50
07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
There's a reason why we didn't open up the Diplomatic Corps to Klingons. We felt it didn't make any sense.

I realize that there have been times when we've seen Klingon Diplomacy at work in the movies and television shows. However, the way that Klingon Diplomacy works is much different from the way federation Diplomacy works, and this was meant to be a non combat system, something the Fed players have been asking for.

The two are vastly different cultures. In "A Matter of Honor" we got to watch Riker become the first ever Star Fleet Officer to participate in an Officer Exchange Program with the KDF. During which time he spent a good deal of time studying the culture. What was the first thing he did once on board his new vessel serving as First Officer?

He beat the crap out of the ships second in command.

We've seen countless stories of incidents where Klingon "Diplomats" reach a "consensus" by simply "removing" those who have differing opinions from the conversation. The society is not ran by the pen, but rather by the sword, and sometimes, daggers in the night.

So, if you're telling me that you, the representatives of the "Mighty" Klingon Empire, have decided that you want to set aside your differences and come to the table and talk about all your problems instead of solving them like the warriors you are, I'll go try and convince the powers that be that you should be able to
join the Diplomatic Corps as well.

However, what I think your really want right now is more content that makes sense for Klingons. In which case, my answer remains the same. We're working on rectifying that imbalance. However, it's going to take time.

Thanks,

Stormshade
That sounds fine to me...Since I have killed a great deal of them whilst trying to level, is there a way (since for reasons unknown to me we haven't gotten one yet) to get a tribble killer accolade?