Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
So you think multi faction missions are the way to go? really? maybe that would be fine once you bring the Klingon PvE missions upto what the feds already have but as it stands at the moment i say no.

I know i and my friends don't want multi faction missions, we want true klingon missions that tell a story of the Empire, a propper story like the feds get, giving us 8 missions and a few new costume options is seriously not good enough, especially as time was found to create a whole new game mechanic for the feds with the diplomatic corp.

Also for ships feds get 3 new refits and very soon 2 more completely unique ships with unique powers on the C Store while Klingons get a new carrier, a ship that hardly anyone wants and even fewer asked for.

And in the end what do we basically get told? BE PATIENT.....the same thing were told after ever major update......deja vu all over again it seems.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
07-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
I did, however, fight for (and get!) tech that allows me to give different dialogue to the KDF and Starfleet. In the weekly episodes, you'll find that each side has a different reason for helping the Deferi, for example.
That's honestly great. I hope that's a part of all future facytion agnostic content so that (if and when you guys are able to add other factions) the story text can be a bit more tailored to suit each faction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
07-21-2010, 04:00 PM
3 Dev posts in the Klingon forum in 2 days: the "end" truly must be near! Seriously though, I challenge any Devs reading to reply in more than one thread
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
OK, that's simple. Please do not fish/beg/plead for dev posts. And we do read many, many things without replying to everything. If I replied to every thread I'd read, that's all I'd do.

(Bonus tip: I stop reading a thread any time I see the word "petition." They're against the forum rules, and annoying besides.)

Will I wade into a ragefest? Not normally. I find that people are more intent on saying AAARRRRUUUGHHHH!!!! I'M ANGRY!!!!! ON THE INTERNET!!!! than actually providing feedback and/or having a reasonable discussion. (Although being called an "incompetent cupcake" has been a highlight of my year. :p )

Now onto the topic at hand ...

I will totally agree with you that the KDF needs more ships, customization, items, stories, etc. It's a process. We're working on it!

We have a small team. Not everything can be done *immediately.* (For example, I'm the only writer on the project, and I'm cross-training in content design so I can help add some things that wouldn't get done otherwise.)

The producers set the schedules, and Dstahl and his crew have to balance everything that everybody wants and figure out how to get the most out of the time and resources available.

Episodes take a lot of manhours from multiple people. (me, content designers, artists, combat designers, maybe software if new tech is involved) So it makes sense to consider content that either faction can play, like the new weekly and high-level Episodes.

I did, however, fight for (and get!) tech that allows me to give different dialogue to the KDF and Starfleet. In the weekly episodes, you'll find that each side has a different reason for helping the Deferi, for example.

I think Season 2 is turning out pretty great. The Klingon-only Episodes are some of my favorites, and I hope I get to do more, because I have more KDF stories that I want to tell. Season 3 is shaping up to be cool as well, and we should be adding more things that players have been asking for.
Ok so your read these thread HUM well I am not going to complain, but what I will say is how did you all miss the number one issue raised in these thread LIKE fix PvP. Most klingon wanted PVP fixed over content yet even in your post you said content takes a lot of man hours. So wouldnít it of made more sense to fix PvP over adding a few storyline content that will only be for different levels at different time exp. for them neutral content. I donít know but it make logical sense that pvp would of gave you the best bang for your buck.

*immediately.*
I am sure no one here believe you can do anything immediately you all prove that exp. Produce four fed ships in a mouth. We KDF know how you feel we as well are a small team and are annoyed.

AAARRRRUUUGHHHH!!!! I'M ANGRY!!!!! ON THE INTERNET!!! Yes this goes on a lot, but in defense of the klingon forum there have been more suggestion then this and to point out this was not the atmosphere around here until resent.

Now onto the topic at hand ...

I will totally agree with you that the KDF needs more ships this would be taken more seriously by the klingon community if we havenít had the same sense launch as we watch the feds get more then the can handle.

Sorry for the rant but maybe next time you read a post that annoyes you will understand were it come from not to defend all post because you cant please all.

Thanks for coming see you all in a few mouths.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
07-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
Ok so your read these thread HUM well I am not going to complain, but what I will say is how did you all miss the number one issue raised in these thread LIKE fix PvP. Most klingon wanted PVP fixed over content yet even in your post you said content takes a lot of man hours. So wouldnít it of made more sense to fix PvP over adding a few storyline content that will only be for different levels at different time exp. for them neutral content. I donít know but it make logical sense that pvp would of gave you the best bang for your buck.

Not everyone is after the PvP content, most of the posts that I have seen so far here is about the lack of PvE content for KDF and that's the reason they are working on the PvE part for the KDF at the moment.

I only play on the fed side because I don't like to PvP (many years of negative experience) and I will give KDF a try once more PvE content is added for them because I'm interested in their side of the story of what is going on in the universe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
07-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre9
And the Feds got a lot of stuff too, making things more imbalanced.



And to back that up, a dev said that one of the things that will distinguish Feds and Klingons is the unique costumes the Klingons get... oh WAIT! Through Diplomatic Core, Feds get the same costume options by being able to have KLINGON BO's.

KLINGONS have fewer BO options than Feds, Fed BO's have Space Traits, and now Feds have access to Klingon BO.s Klingons do not have access to Fed BO's.



And this is "balanced" by the fact that the Feds get a C-store ship that gives them a previously Klingon-only advantage (cloak). Klingons get zip. Furthermore, Feds get 3 L51 "refit" ships, all with neat powers, and one of them ALSO has a previously Klingon-only advantage (cloak). Klingons get 1 L51 "refit" ship, and... er... yeah.

So no, sorry, it seems that every time you try to give Klingons something, you get scared and rush to offer the Feds something too... the poor darlings... which means you give stuff to both sides... which means Klingons are left behind. Again.

And about those Off-Duty uniforms... OH WAIT. Fed only. Sorry.
And about those social areas like Risa and Vulcan and... OH WAIT. Fed only. Sorry.
And about the option to Transwarp to different places on the map besides the homeworld... OH WAIT. Fed only. Sorry.

And about all these new Fed ships being added to the game (Excelceor, Nebula). And graphical/model fixes to existing Fed ships (Galaxy). On top of the tons of ships the Feds already had. On the other hand, Klingons have started with less ships, and they have had a whooping 2 ships added to their roster, with zero graphical fixes.

Day 45 patch was to be the "Klingons catch up patch".

Then it was Season 2.0.

Now it's... Star Trek Online ][?
Well said.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
07-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
I agree that the KDF side is lacking in content,but you have to realize that it takes time to create the things you want.And yelling and screaming will not make it go any faster.I believe that our patience will be rewarded.

The only reason they are posting now is because we lit the fire.... now lets add gasoline... Blow up the main forums and stop posting in here. Until your heard, bring valid concerns about STO, which may be Klingon centered, to the main forums.

This, is just the complete utter lack of a sense of reality. If we wait, it will come???? LOL WTF? How long have you been here? 6 months since release, FEDs got the Galaxy -X (Not even mentioned in beta or heck, anywhere else, but they got it)

The Galaxy - X
-New Abiltiies (cloak and Phaser Lance)
-New Model
-New Skins
-New calculations.

Where was the working on the Klingon content during this time??? Does it look like your sub paid to make that? Yes, and when it released, was it even for Klingons? NO....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 68
07-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockup View Post
See, that's the something I don't get. I can't remember a single time that the devs referred to Season 2 as 'The Klingon Patch' or anything to that effect.
Its possible it was only mention by the devs once or twice, or that some of the more hardline klingon players simply mistook the statements that were made, either way it got the hopes up of many klingon players. Hopes that were probably unrealistic in the first place.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 69
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
I did, however, fight for (and get!) tech that allows me to give different dialogue to the KDF and Starfleet.
That's it! That's it, right there!

That's the kind of FEEDBACK that players are starving for. It would go a long, long way if we saw more of what devs are "fighting" for, but in their words in the form of dialogue. And if you guys really are that resistant to dialogue, then just do away with Feedback forums.

The wall of silence that players are getting is quite an irritant. I'm not suggesting to respond to every Tom, **** and Harry that bellyaches about everything under the sun, but a few unsolicited posts of whats on a devs mind would do a lot to quell the unrest you guys complain about having to deal with. It's sort of an issue that you created yourself.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 70
07-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafoc View Post
The point was not about Diplomacy itself, it was a reply to your post saying that, we Klingons, were getting more than the Feds. My point is that several episodes do not equal a whole new game mechanic with it's own rewards, one of which is the use of Klingon BO's on Fed ships.
From a manhour perspective, I am reasonably sure that you are wrong.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:39 AM.