Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about DSEs
07-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Why are there enemies that are sometimes like 19-31 levels above your own in the very first DSE deal?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-19-2010, 12:23 PM
From what I've read, if a high level character enters a low level deep space encounter, after the encounter has reset, the enemies scale in level to the highest level player. That may be the cause.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-19-2010, 12:24 PM
And since some high level players are going back to these DSE's to complete accolades, this happens frequently.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius1986
From what I've read, if a high level character enters a low level deep space encounter, after the encounter has reset, the enemies scale in level to the highest level player. That may be the cause.
Ah, that makes sense then, I was wondering why sometimes there'd be Klingons in the very first deal that were ridiculously higher leveled then they should've been.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Stupid High level idiots "pwning" low level DSE's for a power trip. When the enemies respawn, they scale to the high level douchebags. Its a glaring problem that Cryptic hasn't fixed yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
And since some high level players are going back to these DSE's to complete accolades, this happens frequently.
They can just as easily go do the appropriate area Cluster Missions.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Stupid High level idiots "pwning" low level DSE's for a power trip. When the enemies respawn, they scale to the high level douchebags. Its a glaring problem that Cryptic hasn't fixed yet.
Not so much for a power trip as for the accolades that were added. It gets particularly bad cause now I have to do that one deal like 35 times and that's not even the final one.

Quote:
Not entirely since some of them are tied specifically to one sector.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-19-2010, 12:28 PM
I have to admit I used to go and farm Deep Space Encounters for the accolades when I needed Gorn and Hirogen ships, but at the time I was under the assumption that the clusters would not scale to your level. I later found out that they did when I was gathering appropriate resources to help with Research and Development. My apologies to anyone I may have upset back then!
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Hey ... it's not me doing this! Heh.

I tend to not be a fan of DSE's except on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius1986
I have to admit I used to go and farm Deep Space Encounters for the accolades when I needed Gorn and Hirogen ships, but at the time I was under the assumption that the clusters would not scale to your level. I later found out that they did when I was gathering appropriate resources to help with Research and Development. My apologies to anyone I may have upset back then!
It'd be fine if Cryptic fixed them to where they don't scale to the highest leveled player and they scaled based on where they were located.