Lt. Commander
Picked up a new Alienware pc with Dual ATI HD 5870 Crossfire enabled and I'm having anti aliasing issues.
I should be able to run max settings with this rig but no cigar. Is it a driver thing or maybe a Crossfire issue?
Anyone else have a similar problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slivor
Picked up a new Alienware pc with Dual ATI HD 5870 Crossfire enabled and I'm having anti aliasing issues.
I should be able to run max settings with this rig but no cigar. Is it a driver thing or maybe a Crossfire issue?
Anyone else have a similar problem?
It's likely an issue with AA. Even on nVidia cards 8xAA seems a bit buggy, but STO has had issues with ATI cards since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Crossfire/SLi are always bound to have some issues with some games. As for the AA, you've got 4 different types 3 different levels and 3 different modes. Level shouldn't matter if you're experiencing artifacting, though the type will make a difference. The type of AA being used also matters even if you're on use application setting if I remember correctly. Doubt the mode would make any difference but could always tweak it if you'd like. If all else fails disable AA or play without crossfire and wait for an update.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-24-2010, 07:37 PM
i have a ati firepro v8750 and i have every setting on and maxed out and no probs or glitches and it looks awesome not all ati cards are bad with this game
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2010, 09:48 PM
You do know that FirePro and FireGL for that matter aren't really made for gaming? Also no one's saying all ATi cards are bad with this game, most have little issues asides from that dynamic lighting crash.