Lt. Commander
Who should replace Brent Spiner As Data? Should Soong-type android change it's appearance (at least the face)?

Why am I asking this it's just because i recently watch the all TNG series and you can see that Brent is getting old and his face his changing. well I think they should do a transition of look. Just like the JJ film.

But who do you think Should Play Data that will be for future film or Tv Serie.
but remember he will have to look like Brent as close as possible

or Something happen to Data That he had to change his face or some thing

ok at least if not Data But an other Soong type android with another face. I remember in an episode so fed scientist wanted to replicate Data and make a lot of them.

I think we should have a Soong type just like we have all other species.

in a way I miss Data
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-20-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwane View Post
Who should replace Brent Spiner As Data? Should Soong-type android change it's appearance (at least the face)?

Why am I asking this it's just because i recently watch the all TNG series and you can see that Brent is getting old and his face his changing. well I think they should do a transition of look. Just like the JJ film.

But who do you think Should Play Data that will be for future film or Tv Serie.
but remember he will have to look like Brent as close as possible

or Something happen to Data That he had to change his face or some thing
Go watch Star Trek: Nemesis, I won't spoil it for you, but after you've seen it you'll know why Datas "futute appearance" won't be a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-20-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Yngve View Post
Go watch Star Trek: Nemesis, I won't spoil it for you, but after you've seen it you'll know why Datas "futute appearance" won't be a problem.
You may want to catch up on some of what happened after Nemesis.

With that said, no one. Spiner is Data. I have no desire to see anyone else in the role.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-20-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Yngve View Post
You are aware Data came back after that and it's one point the comics, novels and this game all agree on, in part because it was part of the expanded baclstory for STXI.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-20-2010, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
You are aware Data came back after that.
I was not. I'll look it up, thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-20-2010, 04:59 AM
lol of course i saw Nemesis but when Bret die who will do Data. Data can't die will all know it.

I too don't want any one else then Brent but with have to face reality Brent will die at some point so ST people should think of a replacement.

They can't kill data character (it would be an outrage).
My worry is that it will be hard to find someone who can play Data like Brent do.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-20-2010, 05:01 AM
First of all, screenwise they (including the actor himself) always intended to never have Data come back to tv or film, despite what these non-spiner and non-movie writers think.

Spiner worked with the script writers too deliberately kill Data, even though there is B4 with his memories now.

he wanted to close the book on data for himself and admitted he will never play Data.

Mostly because he's aging too much and that doesn't make sense for a droid.

So asking about a new actor for Data....is more likely than asking Spiner to do anything but voice overs.

Appearance wise I would say the guy that plays Sh*tbrick from American Pie minus a few facial pounds could pull off the appearance of the early days data.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-20-2010, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
You are aware Data came back after that and it's one point the comics, novels and this game all agree on, in part because it was part of the expanded baclstory for STXI.
Yes and now he is The captain of the Enterprise E.

to quote Memory Alpha "The comic book series Star Trek: Countdown, a tie-in to the 2009 Star Trek film, depicts Data as alive in 2387, having successfully imprinted his neural nets onto B-4's programming. In the comic, Data had become captain of the Enterprise-E. This promotion to captain is one of the pieces of trivia that appears on loading screens in Star Trek Online. "

so you see why I'm asking the question
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-20-2010, 05:04 AM
data's memories were transferred to B4, who started to show those memories at the end of nemesis. the process was then mentioned in countdown and the path to 2409 and data was effectively brought back to life.

now whether a new tv show wants to incorporate that into its timeline is one thing but i doubt they will ever have data appear on screen again, especially if its not brent spiner. it would just seam stupid and pointless to bring the character back but have him recast if its the prime timeline.

but then i never thought they would have the TOS crew be recast so anything is possible but that was a 100% reboot, to just have data randomly put into a film or show with a new actor would feel wrong and id be against it.

i dont think any actor could ever do as good a job as brent. he nailed it perfectly.

i would still like to hear his voice in game. it would be epic
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-20-2010, 05:06 AM
He's captain of the Enterprise in this game.

I did a brief attempt to dramatize a bit of the game's backstory here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8XKAQ_PR_g

I had to over-enunciate just a tad due to the lousy microphone I had to work with.

Oh? And here's my take on the Doctor (for a website I didn't have time for):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBMDuyKR54M

And a generic Klingon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5hP3uqMyvc