Lt. Commander
# 21
07-20-2010, 04:53 AM
I think Brent Spiner would be amenable to do Data again if it was presented in another media format than live action. Maybe an animated feature, kinda like the current Star Wars series - although with a different desgin; I don't see the Clone Wars aesthetics fitting Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-20-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwane View Post
well you say that then why have all the species again. just get new one.
While we are at it a new vulcan science officer would be boring too(we already had 2).I want to see new races/species as main characters,yes.Lets say:andorian,breen or just something entirely new.

Humans are boring too but we are humans so they must be there somewhere
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-20-2010, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorrlan
While we are at it a new vulcan science officer would be boring too(we already had 2).I want to see new races/species as main characters,yes.Lets say:andorian,breen or just something entirely new.
Maybe something non-humanoid - especially since CGI tech has improved greatly over the years.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-20-2010, 04:58 AM
My personal hope is that the Next Generation as we have known them is no more as a series or movies. I mean if they wanted to do a series or movie around the Titan book series to keep some Next Gen that would be cool.

Personally I would love to see them go back to the Enterprise series and work the real potential. I mean the series had falws for sure but it was about to enter the era of the founding of the Federation and the Earth/Romulan War. There is some incredible story potential there.

As for Spiner, I think it is best to let Data go from the screen. I mean the books and such can keep him alive just fine but from movies and TV the time has come to move on.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-20-2010, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Maybe something non-humanoid - especially since CGI tech has improved greatly over the years.
Exactly.

Something not humanoid would be really really cool(so far Odo was the closest to that,but he used his humanoid form all the time).
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-20-2010, 06:53 AM
If they ever needed Data for movies of TV again, they should do motion capture CGI, like they did with Gollum, and have Brent Spiner do the voice.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris
You may want to catch up on some of what happened after Nemesis.

With that said, no one. Spiner is Data. I have no desire to see anyone else in the role.
I agree, you cant have anyone else play Data....... it just would not be possible.... Would be cool to see another android though... maybe one created by data.. but one that will stay alive longer than 1 episode.

As for some one to play it..... it would have to be a fresh face, someone who its unknown to the majority of the world.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-20-2010, 08:16 AM
There is no indication that Star Trek is going to ever be resurrected in the TNG format. The new direction being taken is to go with the J.J. Abrams re-boot which takes place in the TOS "alternate" timeline. So, this discussion is pretty much out of context.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruug View Post
There is no indication that Star Trek is going to ever be resurrected in the TNG format. The new direction being taken is to go with the J.J. Abrams re-boot which takes place in the TOS "alternate" timeline. So, this discussion is pretty much out of context.
Not only that but I'm pretty sure Orci and Kurtzman have already (very tentatively) talked about recasting TNG for a JJ-verse 24th century movie once Chris Pine and crew decide they're done.

And in another 10 or 15 years? Why not.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
I think Brent Spiner would be amenable to do Data again if it was presented in another media format than live action. Maybe an animated feature, kinda like the current Star Wars series - although with a different desgin; I don't see the Clone Wars aesthetics fitting Star Trek.
It can't, Clone Wars is a kiddies show. Star Wars was meant from day one to be kiddies-friendly.

A Star Trek computer-animated series could work. Does anyone remembers Starship Troopers?