Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I personally like the ship interiors to a degree but I noticed one thing that bothers me walking over my small interior for the defiant class ship and low and be hold the amount of npc crew memebers wandering around is twice the amount of my actual crew size of 50ty! Sure someone could argue there holograms or whatever but it breaks the immersion for me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-19-2010, 12:20 PM
I would just make all crew on the ship Bridge officers. That or make a new category of officer that is a simple crew member.

Result:

Crew size can be limited to the amount of crew onboard the ship - Cruiser pilots are gonna have a REAL laugh

With individual crew members they can be customised with seperate uniforms, equipment etc. thus players now have a massive amount of customisation options for their ship. Not to mention added endgame bonus since completionists will want to fill their crews with all purples.

Imagine trying to fit a crew of fifty officers with a full selection of Purple gear. Now imagine a crew of thousands.

If it is too much then a bunch of 'crew positions' would work.

Chief Engineer, Doctor, Technicians, Transporter chief etc.
Place them in a few markers in the interiors and it adds a bit of immersion of filling out roles we have seen in the shows.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2010, 09:01 PM
I want to see 4000 KDF wandering around a 'small' Vo'Quv interior.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
I would just make all crew on the ship Bridge officers. That or make a new category of officer that is a simple crew member.
I like this idea. Not making all crew members Bridge Officers, that would be a bit complicated, but the ability to create and add crew members. Bridge Officers are your command crew, but it would be cool to have an option like "add crewman" where you can choose their species, gender, division, name and appearance, and they would replace one of the random schmoes from their division you find walking around your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-25-2010, 07:43 AM
The ship interiors is still in its early stages so I expect there will be numerous changes and ironing before we can consider it to be proper. I like the direction they are going though.

I have explored the interior of my ship and generally its a nice start. I would like to mention a few things though that might already be in the pipeline or not.

* On a section of Corridor that only leads to the captains quarters, could we not have 30 crew members walking about. Its kinda creepy when the corridor only leads to my bedroom with no other doors about.

* Maybe we can assign a uniform for the crew members to wear so we can maintain a certain style like we do with our Bridge Officers.

* Be able to select a certain type of décor that suits our chosen colour schemes.

*Slottable and re-arrangeable modules such as engineering and sickbay and corridor sections so we can design the deck-plans of our ships and get completely individual and customisable interiors.

*Lower the cieling heights. There are no Undine wandering about on my ship so there is no need for cavernous rooms. As for the camera problem, more intuitive camera following and clipping should be considered.

* Install a holodeck on the ship. Perhaps to include a few risk free replays of missions or some games like fly your ship through some hoops against time trials etc..