Lt. Commander
# 91
07-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-T-Riker
Why is the Link to Forum still down and says Forum down for Maintance ?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/

We'll be right back!

The Star Trek Online™ website is currently offline for maintenance and will be back soon.

Thank you for your patience and for visiting the Star Trek Online website!
Hit ctrl F5. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 92
07-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MadTom View Post
They "fixed" the Tribble formuals with Season 1.

You can also check my "Tribble Breeding Table" that I'm still trying to fill up with all the gaps. It's linked in my signature.

Also, I'm a Tribble collector (also being on the testserver and leveling up, doing new missions...), and since I'm traveling over the weekend I probably won't get the new Tribble, as I won't have enough time to fulfill the "secret requirements"
Ahh, I see. Thanks! This explains why I never had the problem, really, because I didn't start my breeding until after Season 1.

I've since bred all the Tribbles I can, and shoved the majority of them into my bank, heh.

As for the requirements for a 'serious tester,' I'd like to know as well, but I can live with it if they don't tell us. I plan on testing a little bit of everything (except PvP, because I don't care for it, and I'm sure others will test it to find the bugs) to add to the bug reports I've already made for Season 2.

I just hope people who missed out on Toby (Tribble of Borg) the first time also get a chance to get it this time, as well as the new 'sekret' Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 93
07-22-2010, 07:30 AM
People, stopp freaking out over wording, which might not be meant as serious as you perceive it.

Also you should be ashamed to ask for the exact time necessary to get the tribble. I as a dev would not give it, because I know for sure, people turn up and log out exactly 1 minute after the time has passed.

Now bring this and "serious tester" together and you might be able to figure out what they really wanted to say....
Lt. Commander
# 94
07-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Meh, People can hit on those who simply want to know rather then being left in the dark. That's fine. Regardless. I simply don't like being left in the dark. I like documentation, specifications, details, and etc.

Stop the pointless comments over rather people will play it "seriously" or not if they know the requirements. There will be people regardless who will idle for x amount of time thinking it'll get them something for no effort.

As I said, I'm going to play regardless and all ready have spent some time on it. It's my prerogative if I want to know these details or not.
Lt. Commander
# 95
07-22-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace-Rimmer
Well, I'm planning to have a go on Tribble over the weekend but I won't be blasting through all the content to get a prize. I haven't logged in for months because I have been waiting for new missions... I don't want to go and shoot my bolt in one weekend and then have nothing to do for another 2 months. :-)
Wow my thoughts exactly. I want to try out the new clothes and a few of the new mission types but I don't want to play everything in one weekend just to replay it again on holodeck later. I like going through it slowly and enjoying the newness. Leveling alt characters is much less exciting when you know what to expect. I was also planning to play a starter level klingon on tribble this weekend ... no way would I ever be able to make it to the end of the new content. I love this game and have been waiting to get this new content and plan to play and report bugs when I see them - although like yesterday - the only bug I saw had been reported a ton of times already so ...

I also would like to know what "serious" tester means...
Lt. Commander
# 96
07-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaw
People, stopp freaking out over wording, which might not be meant as serious as you perceive it.

Also you should be ashamed to ask for the exact time necessary to get the tribble. I as a dev would not give it, because I know for sure, people turn up and log out exactly 1 minute after the time has passed.

Now bring this and "serious tester" together and you might be able to figure out what they really wanted to say....
AIRLOCK HIM!!!
Lt. Commander
# 97
07-22-2010, 10:30 AM
A couple of people have hit the nail on the head. When I wrote that, I was being intentionally "Cryptic". Why?

We want you to log and test the changes to the new content, and have fun in the process. We don't want people to log in and idle for a few hours and then log off in order to earn a reward meant for those of you who are going to test the game.

So, the criteria will remain a secret, and those of you who log in to Tribble this weekend and test the new build, will earn the reward.

To those of you asking if your prior testing time on 2.0 will count, I want to remind you that a part of the reason we're doing this is because after your feedback from the time you've already spent testing, we've gone in, made changes based on your feedback, fixed bugs you've reported, and will have a new build for testing this weekend. As is the nature of technology, these changes can have other affects which we may not have noticed. Players have a way of doing things differently than the developer or QA would do them. We need you again this weekend to look for anything we didn't find.

We're doing this event to promote Tribble and get lots of eyes on the new build before we launch Season 2 on Holodeck. Since we've made so many changes, and fixed so many things, we want to make sure that this build gets tested as much as possible. To thank you for testing the build on Tribble this weekend, we're rewarding those of you who log on this weekend with a special surprise Tribble.

TL;DR? If you log on this weekend and test the build on Tribble, you'll get the reward.
Lt. Commander
# 98
07-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info.
Lt. Commander
# 99
07-22-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't like that at all
everyone log on tribble to test different thing, the patch notes for season 2 are huge, what I need to do, test everything?
Or try to choose something, spend many hours and hope to be lucky enough to have done the right choice?
Spend all the weekend to reach VA1?
Reach Ambassador in FDC?
Gather all Rare anomalies?
Try PvE Klingon content? (and if I don't have a high enough level kilngon char?)
Checking all costume options to see if bugs were resolved and if new ones appears? (time consuming but nonetheless it's testing content...)

So what?
Or you tell us what we need to do, or you will upset a lot of people that will do their testing...
Lt. Commander
# 100
07-22-2010, 10:59 AM
Don't get me wrong, I understand the reasons, but it makes kind of difficult when you have to plan for these kinds of things. Some of us have jobs and other responsibilities that require a certain level of planning.