Lt. Commander
# 111
07-22-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpell
I wonder if these requirements will be limited to just the new content. I was actually planning on starting a new character from scratch on tribble for the weekend, just because I know most will be playing with the higher end content, and it would be nice to find out if any of the new features in game had somehow broken some lower level mission or element.
It would be frustrating, to say the least, if I were to go through all that trouble and not get a tribble (Ha! See what I did there? I kill me.) just because my efforts weren't in the officially approved area.
You'll be testing new content even with lower level characters as all the original non-combat missions (ie the one where you go and speak to the striking miners; and the one on the Celes Starbase where you 'out' a saboteur); now also give Diplomatic EXP; thus I'm sure the Devs would want to see that this is the case for new characters, etc. Also, ship interiors are new, and available to any character, and I'm sure they want further testing and feedback on that - o, no, not all new content in Season 2.0 is at max level only. There's a lot for lower ranks to test as well.
Lt. Commander
# 112
07-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Well by the sound of StormShade's post, im guessing its something easy to achive if you try out anything, and not just sit in space dock for an hour.
Lt. Commander
# 113
07-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
TL;DR? If you log on this weekend and test the build on Tribble, you'll get the reward.
So...as long as we get off our collective asses and do SOMETHING we'll get the preciousssss? Or is there something SPECIFIC that needs to be done? I don't want to spend most of the weekend running diplomatic missions when all I had to do was play Dabo for an hour or two, for instance.

Oh, and what's the prize? I do so hope it's a flying pink sparkle pony that I can ride in sector space. That would be just pure win.
Lt. Commander
# 114
07-22-2010, 02:11 PM
i am mixed on this response.

i find the vaugeness about the rules a bit fun, but then again, i find them a bit discouraging as well.

i dont log onto tribble often as it is. most when i do (and not often) it is to look at new graphics, new models, even possible set-ups for how they tweeked stuff, and once and awhile for fleet meets on there. other then that, i like to keep the missions and new content fresh for when i play my toons on the holodeck. i dont like to ruin or spoil it for when i go to apply the time on my toons over there.

i should probably just make a new toon for the weekend and just have fun. but then i find the wording of "serious tester" a bit discouraging since i dont want to ruin my fun on the holodeck when the stuff does go live.

and this is where the conflict comes into play.

for those of us that like tribble for some things, but not other things, for those that want to keep updates and new content "new" until it reaches holodeck, how do we structure our time and what would allow us to be qualified as "serious" for the new tribble?
Lt. Commander
# 115
07-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
A couple of people have hit the nail on the head. When I wrote that, I was being intentionally "Cryptic". Why?

We want you to log and test the changes to the new content, and have fun in the process. We don't want people to log in and idle for a few hours and then log off in order to earn a reward meant for those of you who are going to test the game.

So, the criteria will remain a secret, and those of you who log in to Tribble this weekend and test the new build, will earn the reward.

To those of you asking if your prior testing time on 2.0 will count, I want to remind you that a part of the reason we're doing this is because after your feedback from the time you've already spent testing, we've gone in, made changes based on your feedback, fixed bugs you've reported, and will have a new build for testing this weekend. As is the nature of technology, these changes can have other affects which we may not have noticed. Players have a way of doing things differently than the developer or QA would do them. We need you again this weekend to look for anything we didn't find.

We're doing this event to promote Tribble and get lots of eyes on the new build before we launch Season 2 on Holodeck. Since we've made so many changes, and fixed so many things, we want to make sure that this build gets tested as much as possible. To thank you for testing the build on Tribble this weekend, we're rewarding those of you who log on this weekend with a special surprise Tribble.

TL;DR? If you log on this weekend and test the build on Tribble, you'll get the reward.
So nice for those of us who only have a limited amount of play time...
Lt. Commander
# 116
07-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majosea View Post
I would assume that he isn't telling since the tribble weekend before , people just logged in and went afk, coming back just to move their mouse just to keep from being logged out. i saw dozens of toons just standing in the same place and never moving that weekend.
Of course, this just means we'll get more people who idle for longer, because they don't know how long they have to be around for, or what they should be doing beyond a vauge "try the new content". So they'll idle for 2, 3, 10 hours....and loudly complain if they don't get the shiny. Because they were there! They did a couple things! And so on.
Lt. Commander
# 117
07-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRa_Actual View Post
Of course, this just means we'll get more people who idle for longer, because they don't know how long they have to be around for, or what they should be doing beyond a vauge "try the new content". So they'll idle for 2, 3, 10 hours....and loudly complain if they don't get the shiny. Because they were there! They did a couple things! And so on.
Or because they don't want to test something for a 2nd time, making live the 3rd go and very boring.

They should count from the start. Some of us having been testing from the start of it.
Lt. Commander
# 118
07-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Well, regardless. It seems that at this point, there will not be a official answer from any one. :/

I feel rather ignored at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 119
07-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
So...as long as we get off our collective asses and do SOMETHING we'll get the preciousssss?
That is the crux of the message he is attempting to convey.

Though, call me old school MMO, I don't particularly care if I get a reward for doing something I would do anyway. Fuss around with the stuff that interests you in the new content. Nobody is expecting you (the royal you for those reading) to do absolutely everything and be through with the entirety of the content.

The devs want feedback on the changes - this includes bugs, happy happy joy joy jumping up and down, or lukewarm "eh.. it's okay". But, if someone doesn't provide feedback, they clearly were missing the point of the open test.
Lt. Commander
# 120
07-22-2010, 04:52 PM
To be honest, Neelix Tribble or not, im reluctant to test new content on Tribble for a different reason. Hell, i have currently 8 (yes, EIGHT) Admirals sitting around on Holodeck. Not very enticing to do the content a ninth time. :p