Lt. Commander
# 131
07-22-2010, 08:42 PM
so there wasnt a character wipe. how are we supposed to test the missions we already did? this should be made clearer by a Dev
Lt. Commander
# 132
07-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Transfer a character from holodeck over, thats what I did and redoing some of the missions, reported a few bugs, created new characters, reported few bugs... hope its not all levelling requirement for the tribble because I level slowly, reporting a lot of bugs doing various things tho :-)
Lt. Commander
# 133
07-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gltrahan View Post
so there wasnt a character wipe. how are we supposed to test the missions we already did? this should be made clearer by a Dev

Yes, they should. But alas, why would they make it clearer? they're already not telling us anything.

My guess(and hope) it's just going to be a time limit thing. But they're not telling people that because then people will go out and actually test the game, trying to do everything they can so that they're bound to run into the trigger event. People arnt going to idle around if there is no need to.
Lt. Commander
# 134
07-22-2010, 09:35 PM
I think everyone is over-analysing Cyrptics post on the matter...

The message Cryptic are trying to get across is that logging into tribble and going 'idle' or afk this weekend is not going to cut it...

You will only get the reward item if you are actively using any game content on tribble.

Think about it, do you see Cryptic putting much effort into finding specific 'content usage' in game logs when it be far easier for them to just look for large 'idle' spaces in game logs.. or to put it another way, you don't check to see if people are testing by looking at what they are doing...you examine what they are not doing
Lt. Commander
# 135
07-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
A couple of people have hit the nail on the head. When I wrote that, I was being intentionally "Cryptic". Why?

We want you to log and test the changes to the new content, and have fun in the process. We don't want people to log in and idle for a few hours and then log off in order to earn a reward meant for those of you who are going to test the game.

So, the criteria will remain a secret, and those of you who log in to Tribble this weekend and test the new build, will earn the reward.

To those of you asking if your prior testing time on 2.0 will count, I want to remind you that a part of the reason we're doing this is because after your feedback from the time you've already spent testing, we've gone in, made changes based on your feedback, fixed bugs you've reported, and will have a new build for testing this weekend. As is the nature of technology, these changes can have other affects which we may not have noticed. Players have a way of doing things differently than the developer or QA would do them. We need you again this weekend to look for anything we didn't find.

We're doing this event to promote Tribble and get lots of eyes on the new build before we launch Season 2 on Holodeck. Since we've made so many changes, and fixed so many things, we want to make sure that this build gets tested as much as possible. To thank you for testing the build on Tribble this weekend, we're rewarding those of you who log on this weekend with a special surprise Tribble.

TL;DR? If you log on this weekend and test the build on Tribble, you'll get the reward.

I understand why you are doing this but i dont apreciate the attitude behind it we are the customers it is our money that we have work for and to think that your time is more important is thoughtless if you had read what some of the people wrote you would be more intouch with your cutomers i read several postings of people explaining to you that they work on the weekends or for one reason or another there time is limited, and yes i know you have worked hard on these changes you had made but lets be real that is your job, which you are well paid to do so lets be thoughtfull of others and there valuable time as well and let people know what the requiments are , and be kinder to your customers cause with out them you wouldn't have your job , thank you for your time
Lt. Commander
# 136
07-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We want you to log and test the changes to the new content, and have fun in the process. We don't want people to log in and idle for a few hours and then log off in order to earn a reward meant for those of you who are going to test the game.
I do not know about the rest of the guys, but you just gave me all the aswers I needed.

For thoose who may not understand why I (and i can imagine others) wanted just a hint to know what we had to do:
While im 100% aware that, if a timeframe was set, certain people would just stay logged in and use a macro or script to stay on long enough for getting the reward (wich IS shameful), I have only about 6 hours this weekend to use on tribble, wich I want to use as productive as possible.

Now since I know know that there IS a reward, I would actually loose some of the fun I would normally have playing the game, if I was uncertain about if I would get the reward.

Reasons for this are many... Basically im a guy who likes rewards (who dosen't), and at the same time, I don't really go to tribble to have fun. I go to tribble to test new features for bugs hoping that I might find somthing that needs fixing, so that it will never make it's way to Holodeck, if it can be avoided.

I do realize that not all see it from this perspective, just like that, I probably do not see things from your perspective, and as such we make little sence to each others. That however dosen't make any of our positions wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 137
07-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I do not know about the rest of the guys, but you just gave me all the aswers I needed.

For those who may not understand why I (and i can imagine others) wanted just a hint to know what we had to do:
While im 100% aware that, if a timeframe was set, certain people would just stay logged in and use a macro or script to stay on long enough for getting the reward (wich IS shameful), I have only about 6 hours this weekend to use on tribble, which I want to use as productive as possible.

Now since I know know that there IS a reward, I would actually loose some of the fun I would normally have playing the game, if I was uncertain about if I would get the reward.

Reasons for this are many... Basically im a guy who likes rewards (who doesn't), and at the same time, I don't really go to tribble to have fun. I go to tribble to test new features for bugs hoping that I might find something that needs fixing, so that it will never make it's way to Holodeck, if it can be avoided.

I do realize that not all see it from this perspective, just like that, I probably do not see things from your perspective, and as such we make little sense to each others. That however doesn't make any of our positions wrong.
Indeed. I live in Australia, and i'm going to be busy Sunday and Monday. Which translates to most of Saturday and Sunday for the US weekend, the majority of the testing time. I'll only have on day of testing.

I've been thinking of testing on tribble for weeks now, but never really had the incentive to. But now with this reward, I'm finally giving it a go. (My main reason for not wanting to go on tribble is in Australia we have limited download quota, and downloading tirbble patches every few days can take out a large chunk of that quota.) However, I report bugs whenever i come across them on Holodeck too.
Lt. Commander
# 138
07-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
I understand why you are doing this but i dont apreciate the attitude behind it we are the customers it is our money that we have work for and to think that your time is more important is thoughtless if you had read what some of the people wrote you would be more intouch with your cutomers i read several postings of people explaining to you that they work on the weekends or for one reason or another there time is limited, and yes i know you have worked hard on these changes you had made but lets be real that is your job, which you are well paid to do so lets be thoughtfull of others and there valuable time as well and let people know what the requiments are , and be kinder to your customers cause with out them you wouldn't have your job , thank you for your time
Agreed CapMerzan, it's not that I want Cryptic to kiss my rear, it's just that I work hard for my money, to play the game and therefore pay the dev's salaries. It's absolutely no offense against them as I'm very happy with what they've done and I'm really looking forward to the test weekend, but I also have to work during the day on the weekend and split my time evenly on between life and fun.
Lt. Commander
# 139
07-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savadious View Post
It has JUST BEEN CONFIRMED BY ME - that "serious tester" is someone who does not laugh while piloting their ship !

CONFIRMED !
I am so screwed then. <sob>
Lt. Commander
# 140
07-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Storm Sahde I get what your saying and why you are doing it this way.

I have already found a bug in the Bajor diplomacy mission, and submitted a bug earlier this week. However, i have brakes failing on my truck and I need to take care of that Saturday. I will try my best to go through the other diplomacy missions, try more Dabo, just all around level up my 8 toons on tribble for as long as I can on Friday and Sunday.

Hope this qualifies me. Thanks for continuing to work towards making a stellar game.