Lt. Commander
# 261
07-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
It is not unreasonable to want to know what is required for the reward so as to avoid possible disappointment.

That I agree with
Lt. Commander
HOLY S*&T ............ 27 pages of posts on tribble speculation, are they really that important - how is that contributing to testing process, I am not even sure i am in the right place but this is the test weekend thread and i won't be talking about tribbles ..... i wished to give some thoughts on my experiences so far - Star Trek is a well respected, and long standing intellectual property and i was very satisfied with the attention and detail placed on the space graphics and environment - they are visually stunning and the game play is seamless. The ground environment, while functional, leaves a bit to be desired - i found numerous bugs where the mission said i was scanning an artifact of some kind when i was clearly looking at a form of plant life and vice versa. The Combat AI for your bridge officers is very good but occasionally they will do something that they shouldn't, and they get stuck on terrain frequently; on one occasion in the quest line that takes you to the Bajoran fire caves, it directly caused there deaths and forced me to continually beam in and out at save points. I have only my experiences with the other MMO I play to draw upon so i was expecting to see but have yet to find any cohesive group encounters or instance type content - but that could just be the Fleet i am in - is there no Pick Up Grouping??

If i have one complaint, it is the paper thin back story on some of the quest chaining. These "insert name of species here" quest descriptions were very disappointing, and they need to make sense. For instance, why would you set up a colony in a sector controlled by the Borg, this colony was apparently on a site which contained artifacts from their 3rd Dynasty - i am certain that the Klingons were looking for the same artifacts on the other side of the galaxy and since when do the Borg have dynasties??? As a long time Trekkie this really bothered me and i am not even hard core. The research was a good idea but it really fizzles out the closer you get to level cap - could use some upgrading but a great way to make money though!!!

If i had to be honest i was expecting something .....different, when i logged into the test server; it is probably just my nubness b/c i have never tested a beta before, but i did not see too much that was different in the game play anyway - if it was just a major content patch then i did not play long enough to see any of it but i hope that these observations are still of some value. I think you have done a great thing with bringing this game to market, but even great things can be improved and this is great platform to start from, i look forward to the future seasons and my hope is that the game runs for a long time!!
Lt. Commander
# 263 Tribble Slow Patch Process
07-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey4me
Having Tribble Trouble, anyon else getting timed out logging into Tribble?
Haven't timed out "yet" but Tribble Shard is very slow patching.
Lt. Commander
# 264
07-24-2010, 04:52 PM
FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
The reward is a new Tribble (similar to the Tribble of Borg we gave out in a previous Tribble weekend test).

You'll earn it by playing on Tribble for at least 1 hour this weekend (Friday 10am to Monday 10am PDT)

The reward can be claimed a few weeks after Season 2 launches. We'll make an announcement when we put it up in the C-Store (where you'll get a token to claim it for free)
Found here - http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...72&postcount=7
Lt. Commander
# 265
07-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
It is not unreasonable to want to know what is required for the reward so as to avoid possible disappointment.
No, but also just doing the BARE minium so you dont have to test or try anything out is just as cheesy. This is why a lot of times betas and updates are closed for a long time before they release it to the public: A lot of us really dont shake the rafters to see if there maybe a problem that the inhouse testers may have missed. It's why Blizzard disabled the social chat system, they needed people to actualy try the game, to you know find problems.

Edit:: Oh yes just did the Diplomatic mission where you find the cure for the bacteria that infects your ship and doing the last step is a bit confusing since the Quatermaster who your supposed to test the antigen on is not visible in the containment field. But you still can apply it to him, it would be easier to figure out if the body was there.
Lt. Commander
# 266
07-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
To thank you for testing the build on Tribble this weekend, we're rewarding those of you who log on this weekend with a special surprise Tribble.
How many weeks till it hits the C Store for $3 ?
Lt. Commander
# 267
07-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Two things i've found.
First, when you destroy an enemy in a mission with waves of enemies, the communications window appears too soon. And when a mission is finished, like when scanning anomalous readings. I haven't colected the last item and the window appears telling me i've finished and if i's like to leave the system.
Second, I'm getting mk i items from enemies in b'tran missions.
Lt. Commander
# 268
07-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness01
How many weeks till it hits the C Store for $3 ?
Unlikely, the Tribble of Borg was never put on the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 269
07-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Well i had tribble working for a short period of time.

Now when i try to load it, the logon screen goes to patching, then when engage pops up it crashes.

I am using a stock Emachine E627 with 4 gigs of ram. Running Windows 7 home.

I have sent 3 tickets to cryptic on this.

Hopefully it's just me, i would hate to not be able to play season 2.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 270
07-25-2010, 11:06 AM
After playing the season 2 updates on tribble since friday some of the things i would like to see is:

A bathroom on my ship my people really need to go
I wish there was a way to copy my tribble charecter from tribble to the holodeck it seems such a waste to have to redo all the levels again to level up plus all of the goodies i have acuired will have to be reobtained if possible.

I would also like to see reboots of previous star trek games levels like from Star trek the 25th anniversary and other great 90's Star trek games as holodeck minigames or as actual missions.

Another wish i have had since i started playing is a screen acurate bridge for my constitution class ship from the original series, and screen acurate bridges for my other ships also to have them named as such, as well as matching interiors for said vessels. i keep buying bridge packs hoping to see some but it has not happened yet

I started playing the game hoping to see things that would be screen acurate and there are some things pretty close but it has not happened yet.

It would be great too to see original series Communicators, phasers and tricorders as an option to buy like the uniforms. I hate seeing my charecters wearing TOS uniforms and tapping their chests for beam out.

Thanks