Lt. Commander
# 281
07-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KataH View Post
Why offer a Suprise Tribble to Klingon players when we cannot use tribbles?
Tribbles don't like Klingons! Cryptic keeps giving test server users free Tribbles. Does it have to be spelt out for you?! (Take the first word in the second sentence and replace the first word in the first sentence with it.)
Lt. Commander
# 282 Launching Tribble
07-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Been trying to lauch Tribble all day and it crashes everytime I Try to get in. Don't want to miss out on the surprise but can't seem to get it working.
Lt. Commander
# 283
07-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
So let me get this right, there are still bugs in 2.0 and theyll problably try to get them done monday, or fixed what they can are they going to patched Tribble monday night then have everything ready to go for Tuesday... seems rushy. I doubt 2.0 will launch on its sapposed 27th release date but id rather quality than a rushed 2.0 release
There are still bugs in the current release
Lt. Commander
# 284
07-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AridanS View Post
I absolutely agree....come on guys....just go test the new stuff. I plan to copy my Klingon and top Fed toons over and even make a new toon and lvl him/her a bit.....

Just have fun and see what you can see.....
well i hope these guys where kidding, you act like they give us this game we pay for it, this is there buisness they didnt make this game cause there good guys and imnot saying they arent good guys this game is here to make money period, if it stop makeing money see how long it stays up, so no i dont think its wrong for people to want some free junk its allways nice to get something free, also they know it keeps us happy and here so we will spend more money lol
Lt. Commander
# 285
07-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrananapuss View Post
no bug reports filed here :-( every time i found something remotely wrong it was already being talked about in forums...
I'd say it's still a good idea to report them anyway, or at least chime in on the appropriate thread. At least then, Cryptic gets an idea on the severity of the bug (how many people does it affect, how often does it occur, etc.) and can prioritize accordingly. Reporting in-game gives them screenshots and other important info too (current map, position, system specs, etc.)

Ah well, enjoy your tribble. :p
Lt. Commander
# 286
07-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrananapuss View Post
no bug reports filed here :-( every time i found something remotely wrong it was already being talked about in forums...
Bugs reported in the forum is not the same as bugs reported in game, and the more in game bug reports you send specially if it's the same bug, the more information they get about the bug so that they can fix it.

I encountered the same bug 3 times at the different systems in 3 different situations and I sent a bug report on all 3 so that the devs can cross-check and see what is the common issue that may cause the bug to happen.

Examples:
Away team selector window popping up for a second time after you have beamed down...happened twice, both reported.

UI buttons stops working, happened 3 times in different systems...reported all 3 times

Ship interior, some doors missing sound. Found on both Fed and KDF side and even though they are the same bug, I reported them once from both factions.

And allot of other bugs that I found...didn't even bother to check the forum...if a similar bug report doesn't show up in the search window when you report a bug so that you can click on "I have the same issue" button, then file a new one. It's better to submit one report to many than one report to few...as long as it isn't a report like "Ship x is blocking my view from the window" or "The floor is dusty, clean it".

When you send a bug report in game, you aren't just sending your wall of text, but the system also takes a screen shot, gathers data about your location, your surroundings and allot of other details that you can't otherwise give that helps the devs find the bugs easier and also gives them a statistics on what bug happens more frequent than others so that they can prioritize bug fixing to fix the most common and most game breaking 1st.
Lt. Commander
# 287
07-26-2010, 08:50 AM
I've had some issues trying to launch tribble over the weekend. Seemed to clear up for me Sunday afternoon.
Lt. Commander
# 288
07-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Been enjoying Tribble and testing it. Can't wait for it to go Live - good job! Bugs here and there, but duly reported.

Suggestion to make the Assimilation Mission more clear. It was very confusing, but I figured it out.

Just be more specific about whom to attack - also SPOILER - using passive mode on crew helps.

Thanks,
Skywolf
Lt. Commander
# 289
07-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman9526 View Post
Been trying to lauch Tribble all day and it crashes everytime I Try to get in. Don't want to miss out on the surprise but can't seem to get it working.
I found that I'd have to wait for Live to fully patch first (i.e. Engage comes up) THEN select Tribble and wait for that to full patch up and run. If I went directly to Tribble it would always crash on me.

Good luck,
Skywolf
Lt. Commander
# 290
07-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1g_Dav3 View Post
Only managed 5 hours, hope it's enough for my freebies >.<
I only managed 4.5hrs... So fingers crossed.