Lt. Commander
# 31
07-21-2010, 02:07 PM
I hope they take into account testing already done by players on the various 2.0 stages. I know a lot of people, myself included, have spent ages testing various things and reporting bugs as found.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-21-2010, 02:22 PM
ya even if you cant define the reward, can you at least lay out your definition of "Serious tester". I think folks would be a little ticked if they missed the bar by a couple minutes if they didnt know where the bar was set....
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Ok, but I cant get on tribble. That really inst fair! I really want to get on Tribble!!
Everyone can get on Tribble:
http://www.startrekonline.com/test-s...acter-transfer
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Nothing that most of us can't do in a few hours, I'm sure.

You know... reach VA, max diplomat, run all the SFTs a few times, place in the top three PvP ladder.

Serious tester-stuff.

Lt. Commander
# 35
07-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilr
ya even if you cant define the reward, can you at least lay out your definition of "Serious tester". I think folks would be a little ticked if they missed the bar by a couple minutes if they didnt know where the bar was set....
Serious tester is not likely to be about overall time on tribble. Any credibility would have to come from the quality of bug reporting and feed back posts. There are several people on the forums whom consistently offer constructive criticism on current issues both on tribble and holodeck as well as provide well thought out realistic suggestions for future additions to the game. I doubt these "serious testers' are in the dark currently and considering the title very few of us should have much trouble at least narrowing down the field of potentials.
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-21-2010, 02:45 PM
No more assimilated anything please. 20 years of borg filth is enough.
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Log on to Tribble and test Season 2 of Star Trek Online this weekend from 10:00 a.m. PDT on Friday, July 23, until 10:00 a.m. Monday, July 26! We’ll be collecting lots of data and feedback this weekend as we prepare for the launch of Star Trek Online’s Second Season, “Ancient Enemies.” You’ll have chances to play with the developers, and for our more serious testers, we have a new “surprise” Tribble in store to thank you for coming out and helping us to make Ancient Enemies the best update yet!
Rekhan, who writes this vague stuff? I mean really? I don't mean to be insulting, but come on, ya'll gotta know it's gonna cause stress over here when you speak in unknown terms.

So along with everyone else, I'm wondering: What constitues a "serious tester"? And if it is some sort of timed amount, please spell out how much time spent testing and does it have to be all at once (like a 2 hour chuck of time in a row) or is cummulative through the whole weekend ok (ex: four 30minutes sessions)? Must we get lucky and play with a dev? Do please tell us the standards by which a serious tester is measured.

Thanks in advance! And looking forward to getting on Tribble, for the first time, this weekend!
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
So along with everyone else, I'm wondering: What constitues a "serious tester"?

It has JUST BEEN CONFIRMED BY ME - that "serious tester" is someone who does not laugh while piloting their ship !

CONFIRMED !
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savadious View Post
It has JUST BEEN CONFIRMED BY ME - that "serious tester" is someone who does not laugh while piloting their ship !

CONFIRMED !
Heh, internet spaceships is sirius bizness.
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-21-2010, 03:52 PM
I myself am curious as to what constitues a serious tester. How much time do we have to put in to get the reward? Or for that matter how many bugs? Last time it was spend an hour on tribble and get the tribble of borg. I wonder if it is going to be something similiar.