Lt. Commander
# 81
07-22-2010, 04:19 AM
Ya sure... Im not demanding a exact figure, i'd just like to know if it is: "Stay on without getting idle for 2 hours", or "You must play x types of mission" ...

Nothing too specific, but just somthing that will prevent me from doing explore missions for 8 hours expecting some new kind of sub-mission type to show up, when I in reality "only" an unknown storyline mission.

My Point being: What is it Cryptic is expecting us to test for them? One specific thing, or just random stuff... They must be expecting somthing.

The "just log on" statement is just somewhat useless to some of us, as our time is limited, and we'd prefer to test, what cryptic wants us to test, and then have a free leash for the rest.

Hope you get my point.
Lt. Commander
# 82
07-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Well, I'm planning to have a go on Tribble over the weekend but I won't be blasting through all the content to get a prize. I haven't logged in for months because I have been waiting for new missions... I don't want to go and shoot my bolt in one weekend and then have nothing to do for another 2 months. :-)
Lt. Commander
# 83
07-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
I'm curious. Do you (or anyone else, for that matter) know when they changed it? I'm asking because all the Tribble breeding charts/diagrams I have show the current Griffis -> Zinc progression.

I probably didn't really start my Tribble breeding until a month or two ago, so I'm just wondering when it was changed, really. Thanks (to anyone) for any info on it.
They "fixed" the Tribble formuals with Season 1.

You can also check my "Tribble Breeding Table" that I'm still trying to fill up with all the gaps. It's linked in my signature.

Also, I'm a Tribble collector (also being on the testserver and leveling up, doing new missions...), and since I'm traveling over the weekend I probably won't get the new Tribble, as I won't have enough time to fulfill the "secret requirements"
Lt. Commander
# 84
07-22-2010, 04:56 AM
I just want to know what TYPE of thing we have to do. I dont want to spend what little time I have over the weekend doing all these missions, only to find out that I only needed to spend two hours playing a few missions.

Cause I know i'd be ****ed off if I did missions for 20 hours over the weekend, then find out I don't get the tribble because all I had to to was play dabo for 2 hours.

And the reason they're giving people the tribble is to get people to test it... So far its having the adverse affect on me, I won't bother testing it if i have no idea what to test so I get the tribble. One person can't test everything.

What they SHOULD do is have multiple ways of earning the tribble, so that way they get everything tested, its unlikely that everyone is going to pick the same thing to test. And then those people who want to go ahead and test everything all weekend can.
Lt. Commander
# 85
07-22-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenTesseract View Post
I just want to know what TYPE of thing we have to do. I dont want to spend what little time I have over the weekend doing all these missions, only to find out that I only needed to spend two hours playing a few missions.

Cause I know i'd be ****ed off if I did missions for 20 hours over the weekend, then find out I don't get the tribble because all I had to to was play dabo for 2 hours.

And the reason they're giving people the tribble is to get people to test it... So far its having the adverse affect on me, I won't bother testing it if i have no idea what to test so I get the tribble. One person can't test everything.

What they SHOULD do is have multiple ways of earning the tribble, so that way they get everything tested, its unlikely that everyone is going to pick the same thing to test. And then those people who want to go ahead and test everything all weekend can.
This... Soooo much better said than what I wrote.
Lt. Commander
# 86
07-22-2010, 05:40 AM
I also completely agree that they should at least tell us what kind of thing we would need to do. It'd be easier to tell us outright what we have to do and still keep the tribble a secret (as before) but this... I can only forsee a lot of people going to the test server and spending quite a bit of time there and then after the event only some of them get the tribble and everyone else feels shunned, left out, or generally disappointed. If that tends to be the case then it is that many more people that wont bother with STO events in the future; that hurts the game and the community.

Then again, I don't know what the requirements are which leads us back to the problem... one big circle
Lt. Commander
# 87
07-22-2010, 05:43 AM
While I can follow the sentiments about it being anti-productive if we know the requirements, I have no intention to idle for some set amount of time and all ready play on tribble, tho I don't like playing on it much as I prefer to spend the main focus of character advancement on my perm char on the main shard.

Overall, I just feel it is in poor tact on their part to be so vague and elusive.

I'm excited to test out the new changes and updates, however. I loath doing the same thing over and over to a general degree. I don't want to do everything there is to offer in the new content and then have to do it all over again. So, while I will be on regardless this weekend, I simply want to know if I should spend a little more time than I would otherwise in order to qualify.

To the point of those who use scripts to prevent the 15m idle autolog out, well, they should just be at the business end of a phaser rifle set to kill.
Lt. Commander
# 88
07-22-2010, 05:47 AM
You know, I refuse to get worked up over a scooby snack. I will log in, to test the things that I want to test. I will bug what I feel is relevant. I'm not really doing that for the tribble. I have a bunch already and I don't care about them either. What I'll be there for is my own curiosity, which is more than a few hours worth, and most likely one or two bug tickets as it's not too out of my way.
Lt. Commander
# 89
07-22-2010, 05:53 AM
Why is the Link to Forum still down and says Forum down for Maintance ?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/

We'll be right back!

The Star Trek Online™ website is currently offline for maintenance and will be back soon.

Thank you for your patience and for visiting the Star Trek Online website!
Lt. Commander
# 90
07-22-2010, 06:00 AM
You want to know what to test? Play the game as you normally would, do a mission or two (new ones), pop into the new fleet action. I think they want it to be tested as though it was live and their presence is likely to get first hand experience of any new issues that come up. That is how I see it and how I will be doing it.