Lt. Commander
# 1 PvP without PvP Fleets?
07-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Simple question for those who are not in a PvP Fleet:

Would you PvP more if there was no PvP Fleets or PvP Premades in matches?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I would be able to PvP more if you stop making me respond to your QQ threads.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Simple question for those who are not in a PvP Fleet:

Would you PvP more if there was no PvP Fleets or PvP Premades in matches?
I answered this in your other thread .. BTW.. It's good to see you're still around.

IMHO there is nothing wrong with PvP fleets. Not every fleet is a classic act. Some are simply better than others. A GOOD FLEET (or guild as the case may be) .. is well balanced, the communicate well with each other, and even know how to have fun in the process.

yes some of them are very cocky and can be mouthy at times. NOT ALL are.

Me personally: From what I've read by many of these some team players STO (in their opinion) is so easily played ESPECIALLY in PVE (even the HIGHEST setting) .. that frankly if a player is unable to master PvE at that highest setting ... frankly there is little reason to bother showing up. That seems to be the general concensious. That said: right now Advanced is about the best I can do CONSISTANTLY !! I can survive at the other setting ... but not mastered as yet. Frankly at my age ... I guess I've slowed down a bit. I really do miss PvP ... hey ! I'll get there ..eventually.

I'm not about to blaim others for my lack of skill. (aka old age ).

Lt. Commander
# 4
07-21-2010, 08:55 PM
i would pvp the same amount regardless. technically i am the leader of a PVP fleet but i can only count a handful of times i have actually been in a DBD premade. I end up joining other fleets/groups and sometimes using OPVP/other vent sometimes not. PVP fleets are in a word:good. At the end of the day, good players will flock to other good players when they want high quality PVP combat, whether they are fleeted or unaffiliated. The best matches I have been in were fought between amalgamations of the top players from different fleets. Not to take anything away from GOD, s31 DOB or the rest, but just "being in a pvp premade fleet" doesnt make u a good player. If anything it broadens your horizons, enhances your experience, exposes you to diferent tactics, and increases your KNOWLEDGE. Clearly more high game pvp practice increases skill, but there is definitely a hard limit to how much simply being on a good team can do for you. It just so happens that how the cookie has crumbled leaves the majority of "nutter" type dedicated players in a small group of fleets. That doesnt make the game less fun, imho, it makes the game. I can recall dozens of times people have said on vent or in chat "oh ****,DOB again, gdamnit" or insert any other elite fleet in its place, u get the idea. PREMADE PVP FTW!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-21-2010, 09:26 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaboy View Post
I would be able to PvP more if you stop making me respond to your QQ threads.
Shush, go get shot at. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBuzzard
I answered this in your other thread .. BTW.. It's good to see you're still around.

IMHO there is nothing wrong with PvP fleets. Not every fleet is a classic act. Some are simply better than others. A GOOD FLEET (or guild as the case may be) .. is well balanced, the communicate well with each other, and even know how to have fun in the process.

yes some of them are very cocky and can be mouthy at times. NOT ALL are.

Me personally: From what I've read by many of these some team players STO (in their opinion) is so easily played ESPECIALLY in PVE (even the HIGHEST setting) .. that frankly if a player is unable to master PvE at that highest setting ... frankly there is little reason to bother showing up. That seems to be the general concensious. That said: right now Advanced is about the best I can do CONSISTANTLY !! I can survive at the other setting ... but not mastered as yet. Frankly at my age ... I guess I've slowed down a bit. I really do miss PvP ... hey ! I'll get there ..eventually.

I'm not about to blaim others for my lack of skill. (aka old age ).

Yeah, I'm still around. But really I'm starting to waver in my loyality.

In general there is nothing really wrong with PvP Fleets, but when you have PvP Fleets against the causal player, it's always a massacre. And it's starting to effectively parallel gang warfare (no joke).

People are so intimidated that when they see a PvP fleet as their opponents, they give up and surrender. Just to get the match over with, so they can claim their Marks and move on. Some people don't even really bother with Marks of Honor outside of War Zones. Because they are tired of it.

So thats why I feel that if these PvP Fleets get their own little queues, would the casual player return? Or is PvP effectively dead?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-22-2010, 06:05 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-22-2010, 06:10 AM
I would pvp exactly the same, who cares about pvp fleets anyway ? except those 100 people in them. Seriously, i cannot remember when i met organized pvp fleet in a PuG past month or so... i remember playing one game agains GoD with my fed and once i have met Faithborn and his gang both in cracked planetoid for dailies...and that is...if i didnt need the arena for marks, i wouldnt met them. Oh there was one CaH full of people from 23rd ? or was it 27th ? or 29th ? but they did play on both sides against each other. On my klingon i havent met a single premade agains me, and i was pvping last weekend pretty much both days.

Lt. Commander
# 9
07-22-2010, 06:28 AM
PvP Fleets. I think I fought one. Once. I think it was GoD. I lost. Ban PvP fleets.
Then ban all other players that I lost to.

More seriously - I am not in a PvP fleet. I am carefully interested in doing so. But I shy way a little on the time investment and so on. It feels to me that removing PvP fleets would be a terrible thing to do - I imagine there would be less players overall in the queues. I wouldn't like that at all.

I would certainly not PvP more without PvP fleets. I can't PvP much more than I do now anyway. I don't even care to run Exploration Dailies most of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-22-2010, 11:53 AM
I just don't think its fair to punish the Pvp fleets for being pvp-oriented.