Lt. Commander
# 11
07-22-2010, 12:55 PM
I got the feeling I am reading the WoW forums right now, anyone knows why?

Seriously I am not in a pvp fleet I do pvp and have succes at it and most important I have fun.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Can we have a que for Christians, Wiccans, Africans, the chinese, People who love cats, S&M fans--- I'm mean since the OP is asking for segregation and all?
While I respectully dissagree with the OP and his some what misguided feelings on the subject ... IMHO this is a bit over the top as well.

Some folks just don't like "gang banging" I've been there in other games ... NOT GOOD !

By that same token, I don't think it is good to punish those good fleets that also happen to be good at PvP as well. There are a couple of games that have found a good balance in the matter. Believe it or not there are folks on STO who even gripe about that as well.

In short I find that both extremes on PvP are often exactly that ... the truth is some where in the middle.

I don't pretend to have all the answers for PvP ... I wish I did. Just the same, perhaps having different "styles" or "types" of PvP would work ? (just suggesting stuff )
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-23-2010, 04:26 AM
No actually it doesn't bother me to face premade pvp groups,the thing that BOTHERS me a lot though is my pug teammates going afk or using their cloking device of their galaxy class the whole match,i know guys you are doing it for the medals as i do but at least GO DOWN FIGHTING.
I think it's time for cryptic to implement a minimum requirement on damage/healing to get the medals or the daily mission accomplished.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-23-2010, 04:30 AM
let them have there fleets i alwayse random group till i get a good group then we stick together and whoop randoms and fleets alike,they act like vent gives them this great indistructable advantage,but you know what
? they get whooped just the same, i wouldnt pvp any more or any less if they got rid of pvp fleets
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-23-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBuzzard
While I respectully dissagree with the OP and his some what misguided feelings on the subject ... IMHO this is a bit over the top as well.

Some folks just don't like "gang banging" I've been there in other games ... NOT GOOD !

By that same token, I don't think it is good to punish those good fleets that also happen to be good at PvP as well. There are a couple of games that have found a good balance in the matter. Believe it or not there are folks on STO who even gripe about that as well.

In short I find that both extremes on PvP are often exactly that ... the truth is some where in the middle.

I don't pretend to have all the answers for PvP ... I wish I did. Just the same, perhaps having different "styles" or "types" of PvP would work ? (just suggesting stuff )
I was merely expressing my incredilous disbelief at the idea of segregated pvp in the most outrageous way possible to drive the point home that putting a caste system on pvp will do nothing but harm the game in the long run, becuase it would not remove griefing in the game.
Secondly the OP is not talking about griefing- he's expressing the fact that he doesn't like being defeated by pre-made pvp teams from pvp fleets in the match system. WHile it can suck to go against a well made team, they are not undefeatible or over-powered. I have been in several PuG's who have defeated pre-mades in pvp and dislike the hidden agenda of OP's thread.
Teamwork can not be taught or controlled by the developers, but it can be taught by those who PUG. If the players want to have more fun in pvp against pre-mades then PUG'ers will have to step up, lead and learn to work together.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Azurian

good vintage fedwhine
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Whine for the Whine god !
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-23-2010, 09:29 AM
i would pvp more if i had a reason to fight other then damm dailys where is the WAR?

Ohhh and btw NERF TEAMWORK make everyone play solo this is an MMO if you dont like fleets go play a single player game...
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-23-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Simple question for those who are not in a PvP Fleet:

Would you PvP more if there was no PvP Fleets or PvP Premades in matches?
No, about the same I think.

I do like to get it handed to me now and then, it reminds me that I'm not as good as I might sometimes think.

I wish I could pewpew like some, or heal like others, and only in playing them do I see it done, to know what to work towards.

Also in my experience most of them are gracious in victory and give credit where due. In some cases they will offer advice also.

There's nothing like a good pat on the back after having your colon stomped
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-23-2010, 10:42 AM
I have a vague feeling on the back of my mind guys, that someone has a deep and strange obsession with every organization of players that directly or indirectly includes the acronym "PVP".

Has anybody else felt anything similar lately?