Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Some ideas for STO...
07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
I've been with STO since before this site opened and I think the game is coming along nicely, but I think these ideas would be awesome to have in game, and some seem to be just common sense to add.



Powers
  • [ Boarding Party ] - I don't know if this was explained, but why is this skill an Engineering skill? considering that those shuttles are full with red-shirts, I think this skill should be moved to a tactical skill.
  • [ Beam Array Full Spread ] - Almost like "Beam Array Fire at Will", but instead the beam will fire at all arcs with a 10% buff to every Beam Array. Just like in Nemesis, the power will be a great way for tacs to find cloaked ships.
  • [ Phaser bolt turret ] [ Disruptor beam turret ] [ Disruptor bolt turret ] - Disruptor turrets and non-beam turrets are in game, however, the only turrets available are phaser beam (to my knowledge). Disruptors should only be used by Klingons and phasers with Starfleet.

Weapons
  • [ Targ battle pack ] - I've seen this mentioned a while back, but not in a while. Just like you see in game, summons two Targs that will maul the face of enemys.
  • [ Sour battle pack ] - Just like Targs, the Gorn pets will only be used by Gorns.
  • [ Type 8 Shuttle ] - Just like the Del Taco pet, but this shuttle will stay and fight with you! This pet can be brought more then once and take up one "Device" slot,... or tactical slot for balancing.
  • Weapon Customization! - It would be awesome to customize our weapons. I really don't like the blue spikes on my MK. X, It'll be great if can choose what color the skin of the weapon is, like chrome, grey, and black for feds and brown, black, green for kilgs. Or if we want the blue things on it, or a flash light, or *gasp* a grade launcher? It will be a great addition to Memory Alpha!

Beam Array-Beam Bank cosmetic change
  • As a "Hard core" Trekker, it REALLY annoys me to see four or five beams coming at me form the same hard point,... at the same time. To keep with lore, every time a ship is equipped with more then one beam array or beam bank and fires its weapons, only one beam (or beam bank) is visible.

Career Ship
  • This is basically a replacement for refitting old ships. Not all captains in Star Trek lore get a new ship very time they are promoted or change ships so much in mid career and are know for commanding one ship. This is the just, you choose your "life ship". Say you what to be a Galaxy captain, you choose the Galaxy class as your ship. Form the beginning, you won't be able to add to the other ship skills (the Frigate Captain skill, Tactical Escort skill, Long Range Vessel skill). When you finally level to and get the Galaxy, when adding to the Galaxy captain skill, every point added will be 100% more affective. On top of that, you life ship will have bonus powers that other non-life captains can't have (if your life ship is the Galaxy class, right at Tier4, your ship has saucer separation) and will level with you (every level the max hull/shield health gos up, a BO slot added etc, etc...).



Discuss!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown-210 View Post

[*][ Heavy Quad Cannons ] - A replacement for the Heavy Cannons we have now. To keep with lore, instead of having large shots, have a pair of dual cannons fire at the same time

Discuss! [/color]
I always thought that you could have 2 duel cannons on a Defiant and that there were no Quad Cannons. As far as the large shots, it was one of the things, I and many other players asked for because we could barely see the shots that were being fired from cannons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown-210 View Post
  • [ Phaser bolt turret ] [ Disruptor beam turret ] [ Disruptor bolt turret ] - Disruptor turrets and non-beam turrets are in game, however, the only turrets available are phaser beam (to my knowledge). Disruptors should only be used by Klingons and phasers with Starfleet.
All turrets are cannon weapons and come in a variety of damage types.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-21-2010, 11:11 PM
I just read that thing about the Del Taco Shuttle... How about WE GET THE DEL TACO SHUTTLE!?! I wouldn't mind if I had to pay for it at the C-store, why? BECAUSE THERES NO DEL TACO IN ILLINOIS!!! It's not really fair to the majority of people who don't have a Del Taco near you but want that freaking shuttle...

I'm still wondering why they didn't use Taco Bell, which has more locations than Del Taco.

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill... but I really wanted that shuttle.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleX View Post
I just read that thing about the Del Taco Shuttle... How about WE GET THE DEL TACO SHUTTLE!?! I wouldn't mind if I had to pay for it at the C-store, why? BECAUSE THERES NO DEL TACO IN ILLINOIS!!! It's not really fair to the majority of people who don't have a Del Taco near you but want that freaking shuttle...

I'm still wondering why they didn't use Taco Bell, which has more locations than Del Taco.

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill... but I really wanted that shuttle.
eBay's your friend... $0.50 is better than what they'd charge on the c-store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleX View Post
I always thought that you could have 2 duel cannons on a Defiant and that there were no Quad Cannons. As far as the large shots, it was one of the things, I and many other players asked for because we could barely see the shots that were being fired from cannons.

You can have two duel cannons, but there aren't any quad cannons. In DS9, I ever saw dual "heavy" cannons like we have in game. Thats why I'll like to have a quad cannons to replace the heavy cannons so that it will be closer to cannon... I imagine it will two dual cannons firing at the same time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereign View Post
All turrets are cannon weapons and come in a variety of damage types.

uh,... are you talking about ground turrets? I have a Gorn engineer, the only turrets I can use are Phaser turrets. (unless I'm missing something...)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-22-2010, 09:42 AM
I really like the "career ship" idea OP.... good brainstorm.


.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-22-2010, 09:43 AM
That career ship idea is brilliant. Great idea!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Ninja bump for the career ship idea :]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Career ship, oh yes!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:55 AM.