Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
As already mentioned in this thread, we need some ground scanning abilities for the Klingons as well.

Here an idea concerning this issue:

If a Klingon looks for anomalies or computerconsoles, they could use their normal scanner/tricorder, like the feds do.

But why we don't use a Targ for "scanning" the next ground enemy? You could instigate a Targ to find the next group, like a hound dog (it already looks like a mix of a dog and a boar, both have a really good osphresis).

Additionally the Targ could be used like a member of your away team, that could be trained (growing from a puppy to adult) or stuffed (bodyarmor, sharpened teeth and claws,...) to attack enemies stronger (or find to them faster). And the Targ take place like Portos in the captains quarter .

Another addition could be a battle between the Targs... Petfight between the captains!

The Sehlat could implemented on the federation site.

I think that is a great and funny addition. What do you think about that? Some additions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Yes, I agree. The targ should be usable as a finder.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-23-2010, 12:41 AM
no one interested about this? or have some additions?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-23-2010, 04:52 AM
Sounds interesting. The Sehlat idea less so, it's not really Federation standard operating procedure to use their pets for scanning. I can see it for Targs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-23-2010, 04:53 AM
I liek that, or instead of a targ, a monster dog
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-23-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Sounds interesting. The Sehlat idea less so, it's not really Federation standard operating procedure to use their pets for scanning. I can see it for Targs.
You are right, the feds won't use animals for scanning... they will got pets on the ship or in quarters. And the klingons use them for fighting and scanning
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-23-2010, 10:39 PM
I love this idea, An actual usuable targ would be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-24-2010, 12:02 PM
The samme thing I was wandering about today. Are klingons to stupid that they do not know how to use a scanner? Specially in ground tactics the scanner is very importen so that there will not be so much loosing time in scouting and map reading f.x. sattelite debri or simillary missions in space. Idea about targ as a fighting/scouting is really good, but instead of using pets for this it should be an ability the samme as an NPC targbreaderi fed misssions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-24-2010, 04:25 PM
OP's idea has my support.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Posting to show support of this idea.