Lt. Commander
# 31
03-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EremiticWolf View Post
Grtaz to the winners....

Not saying my entry was better, but I had to cut alot out when I read the 300 word limit. LOL

Oh well, more contests to come.
The people that follow the rules will not win so make sheer you brake them so you have a shot to.
Lt. Commander
# 32 Maybe there should be 2 winners?
03-24-2009, 10:07 PM
How about for fairness they keep the current winner and then take all the entries that were under 300 and find a winner in that category...maybe the runner up was under 300 so they should get a beta slot also? If not then someone from the pool that was under 300...
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGeek View Post
How about for fairness they keep the current winner and then take all the entries that were under 300 and find a winner in that category...maybe the runner up was under 300 so they should get a beta slot also? If not then someone from the pool that was under 300...
I do not see why thy should give something to some one that did not go by the rules but yes they need to give a 300 word winner like they should have did in the first place.

But they way I see it is if they can not even run a contest right how are they going to do with the game.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-24-2009, 10:27 PM
The rules stated the entries were supposed to be 300 words or less. The winning entry breaches the rules and therefore should be deemed null and void.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-24-2009, 10:38 PM
I have to agree as well too, rules are there to be enforced. You wouldn't give the Super Bowl Title to a team with the winning score if they had 400 players on the field, right? So why should any contest be any different. I myself joined these forums only to participate in the contest because they seemed like fun. At first I was a little irked at the runner-up announcements in the first contest. So I decided to hang back and see how they handled this one before I participated again, only to once again be sorely disappointed in how the contest was run. I do hope that there is an improvement in future contests or I myself will simply stop participating in these sham-fests. I would also hope that these "errors" are not an indication of how Cryptic plans on running STO, or I may find myself wasting time playing EVE (oh I shutter at the thought).
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-24-2009, 10:58 PM
If the rules are not to be followed then why enter any more contests? What would be the incentive to enter? The rules state 300 words or less.. the entry is null and void. I believe a protest or maybe all of us not entering any more contests until this is resolved. If the devs can't follow the rules, maybe they shouldn't have us a players or contributors.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-24-2009, 11:11 PM
I didn't participate the contest, but I clearly understand the frustrations here. I would be upset too, especially cause I know writing a story less than 300 words is more work than 600. You really have to be creative with the words you do choose because of the limits.

I could understand going over a few words, but double plus one! No offense to the winner, but the essay should have been disqualified based on the rules.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-24-2009, 11:25 PM
I think the only solution is to let everyone who entered into closed beta. I think we can all agree on that...wait this is the internet.
Lt. Commander
# 39 ahhhhhh!
03-24-2009, 11:55 PM
(Generic good job comment)

oh wait I got one, congrats on getting into beta!
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Maybe it is just me but If someone did that is kind of squire up that worked for me I will be saying something like your Fired. But maybe that is just me.
Closed Thread