Lt. Commander
# 31
07-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
I'd like to see things like the Red Matter Capacitor, and the TR-116a Tactical Sniper Rifle sold in the C Store.
yeah, i forgot about them. more varried weapons would be cool too
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo0829 View Post
yeah, i forgot about them. more varried weapons would be cool too
I'd like to see more added to the game in updates and patches and less put in the C-store for which we have to pay extra.

It boggles me to see so many people asking for things to be added to the game and placed into the C-store instead of just added to the game in a patch or update for which we do not have to pay extra.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
I would like for the C-store to show actual prices instead of C-points.

Since C-Points are only good for buying things in the C-Store and are basically an exchange of money for money, I'd like to do away with them entirely and just see my local currency next to what I'm buying so I know how much of my real life money I'm about to invest.

I feel that this may be an intentional way to separate us from our cash, since we are separating the purchases for the monetary exchange: Turning cash into points and then going back into the game to use the points. I feel that it is a way to make us disassociate what we are using as currency with the real world value of said currency so we don't realise how much we are actually spending.

I look forward to looking in the C-Store and seeing "Two additional BO slots: $2.50 - Account Wide"
That is just not going to happen. There is simply too much marketing research data supporting such a system from a consumerist perspective. Additionally I'm also willing to bet the system is what it is for legal reasons as well. Consequently I doubt things will change as there is no tangible upside for Cryptic for doing such a thing; at least that I can see.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spartan View Post
That is just not going to happen. There is simply too much marketing research data supporting such a system from a consumerist perspective. Additionally I'm also willing to bet the system is what it is for legal reasons as well. Consequently I doubt things will change as there is no tangible upside for Cryptic for doing such a thing; at least that I can see.
Agreed, showing the real prices of what you'd buy would very possibly cause a drop in sales -- since the disconnect between cash = Cpoints is no longer there.

I believe every 80 cryptic points equals $1 USD.
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spartan View Post
Yep, every arcade in the world knows about this as does Las Vegas and New Jersey. Tokens and chips are the basis of gambling in part because we have a specific idea of what money is and those ain't money.
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-23-2010, 10:53 PM
That was my point
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Like I said, I disqualify myself from giving feedback on that price. You are probably way better equipped to give the feedback than I am. I totally fell for the price. And I know why. I wanted to get rid of those two no-names on my bridge.

The funniest thing about it? I travel my interiors on my ship on Tribble and they're everywhere! I even get no-names coming into my captain's quarters.

Joke was on me.
Well you have to expect a bunch of them on your ship when you walk around. Who else is going to get sucked out a quantum torpedo hull breaches in combat.

Though I would love to see them set up a way to change the standard uniforms for the NPCs on your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
Well you have to expect a bunch of them on your ship when you walk around. Who else is going to get sucked out a quantum torpedo hull breaches in combat.

Though I would love to see them set up a way to change the standard uniforms for the NPCs on your ship.
Me too, more miniskirts
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
I'd like to see things like the Red Matter Capacitor, and the TR-116a Tactical Sniper Rifle sold in the C Store.
The C-Store should stay fluff, I don't see any way to charge for stuff like that with out making people think the game is going to turn into who ever buys the most wins.
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
The C-Store should stay fluff, I don't see any way to charge for stuff like that with out making people think the game is going to turn into who ever buys the most wins.
It has always been "who buys the most wins" the cstore just makes it cheaper for the rest of us that don't want to go out buying copy after copy of the game or alienating friends and family in an attempt to recruit them into STO.