Lt. Commander
# 1 Tribbles 'n' Bits
07-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I posted a similar reply in the latest tribble weekend forum (on page 5) but it got steamrolled over, so here I am starting it as a new thread, BUT with the added bonus of itemized & organized charts, designed to suit the STO interface!

FIRST I'll post the update, then copy the original forum post here; I'd like your feedback, this is a small & quickie project, but perhaps it may give someone in the high ups or with an ear to the devs some cool ideas! Feel free to use them on any medium, after all I didn't make tribbles or any of that stuff. Speaking of which:

*NOTICE* I am not claiming ownership of the copyrighted works of Cryptic, CBS Int'l or any of their subsidiaries. I have merely designed these as works of fan speculation on what Cryptic could do in the future, enjoy!

A chart of my full spectrum of ideas for new tribbles & data samples I would like to see:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../NEW_CHART.png

*Two of the designs are merely placeholders until I design something better, they are:
Fluidic Ore Compound
&
The Omega Tribble

**I would most rather see the 9th tier technology data sample as collecting the Genetic Augment Embryo's, & have the Interphasic Cloaking Device as a device to equip to your ship in the future, but collecting cryogenic embryo's may be considered too vile for public.

Now the original post, with much larger pieces of artwork!
Here is my take on what the tribbles may be like, in my opinion of course

Read the descriptions too, you may find them intriguing!

Undine Tribble Cocoon
http://tehandroid.deviantart.com/#/d2uj837

Undine tribble
http://tehandroid.deviantart.com/#/d2uj8g9

I actually wanted to use this reply for CrypticMatt's (MattHighison's) post on twitter "What does an Undine infected Tribble look like?", but I don't use twitter. Anyone who does feel free to post the links there, you may be doing me a favor, or all of us!

They said "surprise tribble" perhaps they don't even know what it will be as of yet, & so are calling for popular demand!

I also have an idea for 3 more tiers of data samples, they need proper adjustment (such as the lithium based ones, couldn't think of anything else to put there at the moment) but nevertheless here are some ideas to consider:

Tier 7 (MAGENTA) -:- Dark Matter, Tri-Lithium Residue, Iconian Star Charts
Tier 8 (GOLD)-:- Proto Matter, Decayed Deca-Lithium Particles, Tíkon Isolinear Modules
Tier 9 (MINT)-:- Thalaron Radiation, Omega Molecules, Phased Cloak Research (OR Genetic Augment Embryos)

Each of those items is so rare &/or forbidden that just gathering them could entail a special "detour" mission or mini-game, like responding to a distress call! We need more of that.

BASED on these compounds and my idea for the way the Undine Tribble could behave (eating data samples), you could get these resulting super-tribbles:

A Proto Tribble, named for infinite diversity, & the essence of life:
http://tehandroid.deviantart.com/#/d2uj9bl

A Dark Matter Tribble, named for the beauty & raw power of nature:
http://tehandroid.deviantart.com/#/d2uj957

Again I only mocked these up for fun, if I wanted to I would have spent much more time on them, but they are just lil' hungry sacks of organs! Thanks for your compliments &/or criticism, keep the game alive! I'll be here!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Hmmmm the proto tribble sounds nice...before I read it this made me think of tribbles in goo form...not such a fuzzy idea to me....lol
Lt. Commander
# 3 Tribble designs!
07-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Hmmmm the proto tribble sounds nice...before I read it this made me think of tribbles in goo form...not such a fuzzy idea to me....lol
Why thank you, in fact the Proto Tribble is comprised of a viscous gelatinous substance!
The Dark Matter tribble is crystalline in nature, & can attune to harmonic resonance frequencies.

I'm sure that could prove very useful for... something =D

OH &...
Anyone know if
"Bio-mimetic Gel"
is a commodity in the game?
It has slipped my mind at the moment.
If it isn't it should be, & I'll add it to the listy!
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dr0iDr3wiD View Post
Why thank you, in fact the Proto Tribble is comprised of a viscous gelatinous substance!
The Dark Matter tribble is crystalline in nature, & can attune to harmonic resonance frequencies.

I'm sure that could prove very useful for... something =D

OH &...
Anyone know if
"Bio-mimetic Gel"
is a commodity in the game?
It has slipped my mind at the moment.
If it isn't it should be, & I'll add it to the listy!
I can think of a use for it....but I don't think its for young ears to hear pon farr practices...lol jk