Lt. Commander
# 1 Total Recall! I mean refit...
07-23-2010, 09:27 AM
It sounds (from this post http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...15#post2877215) that they are stopping new ship creation in favor of sharpening what they have already created, why not take the time to refit every ship to tier 5 while the graphic gurus are busy with this? Both Fed and Klingon? As the arguement for the Galaxy - X from Riker was that a Admiral does have privaledges....

Pros? Cons?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
It sounds (from this post http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...15#post2877215) that they are stopping new ship creation in favor of sharpening what they have already created, why not take the time to refit every ship to tier 5 while the graphic gurus are busy with this? Both Fed and Klingon? As the arguement for the Galaxy - X from Riker was that a Admiral does have privaledges....

Pros? Cons?
This is a complicated matter.. A Miranda obviously can't match an Emissary, but if we allow people to choose their favorite ships to become T5, then the Miranda MUST be allowed.

Furthermore, i'm scared of that movie.. had nightmares with those bugging eyes and tongues. Damn you!
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Pros? Have you SEEN how sexy the updates to the models have been? CapnLogan and gang have done a fantastic job of getting what we have up to snuff, and I for one am looking forward to seeing more screen-accurate ships. I'm of the mentality that we should fix what we have first then add more later. It's going to be a hell of a lot tougher to go back and update all of the work they did. I only see this as a positive - maybe because they have my favorite ships in the game already.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-23-2010, 09:36 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulDreamer View Post
Pros? Have you SEEN how sexy the updates to the models have been? CapnLogan and gang have done a fantastic job of getting what we have up to snuff, and I for one am looking forward to seeing more screen-accurate ships. I'm of the mentality that we should fix what we have first then add more later. It's going to be a hell of a lot tougher to go back and update all of the work they did. I only see this as a positive - maybe because they have my favorite ships in the game already.
Thats fine, but doing refits, does not require to take away CapnLogans or Mr. M's time either. Let them work on cleaning up the models and maybe tweaking new refits as well. I mean a tier 5 akira would have what, a squadron aboard? That requires no graphic changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Because it's a stupid idea. A Connie should never be a match for a Sovereign. A Nova should never be a match for a Luna. The list goes on.

Some ships should be refit. Not all up to tier 5. Akira to tier 5 (since it's already mis-tiered). Some can go up a tier. NOT all to tier 5.
I never said they had to be a match, just crank them up a little, give them some unique stuff like Starfleet Commander gave them. And calling something stupid isn't exactly constructive...

K'tinga tier 5 = awesome...
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-23-2010, 09:47 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Quote:
K'tinga tier 5 = stupid. It should already be on the same tier as the Connie (but sadly, like the Akira they mis-tiered it). It's an old ship. There's just no way.

I can barely think up reasons to tier up a Vor'cha to tier 5 beyond the fact that it was often compared to the Galaxy and that's getting a tier 5 version. Still the thought of a Vor'cha being in the same tier as a Negh'var is somewhat... meh.

A K'tinga in Tier 5 would be a joke. The symbol of all things wrong with the tiers. We might as well put a Type-II shuttle craft in Tier 5.

Also saying something is stupid might not be the most constructive thing in the world but it doesn't mean it's not true.
Get rid of the tier system all together. Since it takes no time to get to the end game as everyone says, get rid of it and make everything max level, give each ship unique traits that stick out and people will pick what they like and use. At least maybe we will see more of a fleet feel at the top then a club of new ships sitting there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Because it's a stupid idea. A Connie should never be a match for a Sovereign. A Nova should never be a match for a Luna. The list goes on.

Some ships should be refit. Not all up to tier 5. Akira to tier 5 (since it's already mis-tiered). Some can go up a tier. NOT all to tier 5.
Have you ever seen DS9? If that little fighter thing can do the damage it does, there's no excuse for every ship larger than it to not be allowed to do the same. If you don't like it, fine. Fly whatever YOU want, but don't force everyone to conform to your ideals.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUX426 View Post
Have you ever seen DS9? If that little fighter thing can do the damage it does, there's no excuse for every ship larger than it to not be allowed to do the same. If you don't like it, fine. Fly whatever YOU want, but don't force everyone to conform to your ideals.
that's right !

you should all conform to MY ideals instead.

yessss.... yessss.... we are coming along nicely now Igor......

Lt. Commander
# 10
07-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Ideally PvE missions would autobalance compared to what ship you have so you didn't have to change. So if you go in with a Connie, Sovereign, Galaxy and Akira you'd see a slightly different game (it would be harder for the Connie but I think that would be fun).

As for PvP... Every time I suggest it it's shot down. But I think there should be a PvP mode where you're assigned a tier at random right before the battle starts then you fly a ship of that tier. This would give crazy mixed fleet battles.