Lt. Commander
# 11
07-23-2010, 09:54 AM
I do not think the arguement for allowing T1-T4 ships to have the same BO slots, hull, shields and weapons of the T5 counterparts to make them clones but rather to take some of these aspects in order to make them competitive.

For example a Miranda wouldn't take on a Sovereign and match them in guns, shields hull etc....but why not allow the miranda to have additional BO slots so that it can use skills beyond ensign level in order to compete?
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
that's right !

you should all conform to MY ideals instead.

yessss.... yessss.... we are coming along nicely now my master......

corrected, igor was the one with the lisp....

BACK ON SUBJECT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyias View Post
I do not think the arguement for allowing T1-T4 ships to have the same BO slots, hull, shields and weapons of the T5 counterparts to make them clones but rather to take some of these aspects in order to make them competitive.

For example a Miranda wouldn't take on a Sovereign and match them in guns, shields hull etc....but why not allow the miranda to have additional BO slots so that it can use skills beyond ensign level in order to compete?
Good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again View Post
that's right !

you should all conform to MY ideals instead.

yessss.... yessss.... we are coming along nicely now Igor......

Nor yours

Freedom and choice in MMOs is essential. Restricting choices is obviously necessary for certain things, but not something as simple or key as what ship you fly.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUX426 View Post
Have you ever seen DS9? If that little fighter thing can do the damage it does, there's no excuse for every ship larger than it to not be allowed to do the same. If you don't like it, fine. Fly whatever YOU want, but don't force everyone to conform to your ideals.
Currently in game lower tiers CAN damage higher tiered ships. They probably won't win.

This is the same with DS9. Those little fighters had good firepower however they also had a LOT OF SUPPORT. If you took those fighers and solo'd them against a ship they'd explode lol. And there were a lot of fighters. I think 3 or 5 in that one scene where they started shooting stuff up.

Plus in DS9 shields didn't exist for some reason.

Anyways I'd love to somehow see MIXED FLEET PVP.

I'd ALSO LOVE to see some way to make lower tiers more viable in PvE like autobalancing the instances. Something. I'm not all about abandoning the lower tiers. Just making them equal or near equal to current tier 5 ships is ridiculous.

Think up a different way to see your lovely lower tiers become viable. Be creative. There's other things beyond combat balance.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
Thats fine, but doing refits, does not require to take away CapnLogans or Mr. M's time either. Let them work on cleaning up the models and maybe tweaking new refits as well. I mean a tier 5 akira would have what, a squadron aboard? That requires no graphic changes...
The whole reason there are three retrofits instead of one is CapnLogan took time out to work on them. The whole reason the Galaxy X exists is because CapnLogan was working on model tweaks for the Galaxy for the retrofit.

Retrofits and Refits and anything involving ships in that manner will, because of his job description, involve CapnLogan and his time. Or his team's time.

So I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. For there to be more retrofits, the models have to be worked on by that team. Your example of a T5 Akira ... it would require time making tweaks to the model, just like the other retrofits. It's part of their process.

And I would think you'd be in favor of that anyways. As any retrofit KDF ships would get a model update. Which some of those ships really need.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-23-2010, 09:58 AM
I think a setup similar to what the squad system does would be fine. It allows lower tiered ships to compete, but doesn't grant them access to any advanced abilities or bridge officer slots.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The whole reason there are three retrofits instead of one is CapnLogan took time out to work on them. The whole reason the Galaxy X exists is because CapnLogan was working on model tweaks for the Galaxy for the retrofit.

Retrofits and Refits and anything involving ships in that manner will, because of his job description, involve CapnLogan and his time. Or his team's time.

So I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. For there to be more retrofits, the models have to be worked on by that team. Your example of a T5 Akira ... it would require time making tweaks to the model, just like the other retrofits. It's part of their process.

And I would think you'd be in favor of that anyways. As any retrofit KDF ships would get a model update. Which some of those ships really need.
They are already working on redoing the models, why not combine tasks. Rather then walking away from it. And the refits do not all require remaking a model. The akira can look exactly the same, just with some more BOs, a unique ability (launch fighers or what not), that would not require the model guys. (as the example)
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-23-2010, 10:05 AM
I read some where on this forum the idea that each pvp match should have to have a certain number of each tier of ship and I think that would be a decent idea allowing different ships. I wish they would balance the ships as close to how they were supposed to be in the show and maybe allow a upgrade one tier but as others have said a Miranda should never be a match for a sovereign. In the end however we can only blame our selves for everyone flying the same ship in pvp since every one wants to be the strongest rather than just flying what they like the looks of.

The only thing they really need to change in my view is make it so lower tiered ships can do high lvl missions in pve. Maybe base the enemy on the ship one is flying except in fleet actions of course.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
They are already working on redoing the models, why not combine tasks.
Wait, now I'm really confused. They are working on tweaking models, yes. And they are working on some KDF retrofits. So I thought they were going to be combining the tasks?

That's pretty much the point right? Tweak the Vor'Cha or the K'Tinga and toss in some retrofit awesomeness while they're at it?

I mean, I thought they were already planning to do more than just add Gorn and Nausicaan and Orion ships to the line. I thought they were going to do some KDF Retrofits?
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
They are already working on redoing the models, why not combine tasks. Rather then walking away from it. And the refits do not all require remaking a model. The akira can look exactly the same, just with some more BOs, a unique ability (launch fighers or what not), that would not require the model guys. (as the example)
It would be nice if all the ships could get special abilitys to make them unique based on what they could do in the show. I could maybe see another officer slot as long as they didn't change the hull strength or things like that that they couldn't do with ships in real life.