Lt. Commander
I was browsing the forum just now and was reading about how hard it is to get a pvp match going anywhere below the admiral/general tier, and before that another thread mentioned that even that tier is a bit sparse as well.

Then, it occurred to me: if we can have people match levels, up or down, in PVE... why not PVP as well?

If I was leveling a new Klingon alt, I'd definitely prefer having my little B'rel boosted to 45 and be able to at least plink at Starfleet ships... or to take on a Miranda or two that was also boosted to that level. The queuing system would fix itself almost overnight, pvp would happen constantly, and there'd be a built-in motivator to level up and get new ships because you'd be able to pit gradually better ships against the top-end stuff you've been fighting the entire time before!

So, in conclusion, I think a lot of problems would be solved (including lack of ship diversity at endgame) if there was an option to scale up to max level pvp. Who's with me?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-23-2010, 01:49 PM
interesting. I always wondered why they didn't go that way, instead of level banding it. I've never really been into level banded PvP because of a lack of variety.

I think that having lower leveled players boosted to RA5 (or VA1 after patch) would be great for the PvP que problem I hear so much about.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I support this idea as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Even if a person was scaled down or scaled up, the difference in ships might be too great.

I posted some PvP Ideas of my own on Tribble, suggesting 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 queues. That way people wouldn't have to wait for an eternity for queues to fill up and start a match.

Another idea is PvEvP. Where a players chooses to go on a PvE mission with PvP, in which one player has to accomplish a goal, but there is tasked to stop to stop them. Which essentally that Klingon can act as your personal antagonist (like Kor, Kang, and Koloth with Kirk).
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-23-2010, 02:24 PM
im sorry but this is a stupid idea its only a way to prolong this mess pvp allready is .
With the side imbalance you gonna end up with brels against max level players ....
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
im sorry but this is a stupid idea its only a way to prolong this mess pvp allready is .
With the side imbalance you gonna end up with brels against max level players ....
So, having virtually no pvp at all at lower levels is preferable to, at the very least, having some even if you're outclassed?

If this was a voluntary scaling thing that could be chosen if (and it usually is) the queue is dead for lower tiers, there's nothing to lose.

Oh, and about "the mess pvp already is," how about dropping some suggestions with your vague complaint?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
PvP queue should be like an FPS. You can start an instance. Everyone piles in and you can join as long as it's not full.
The game will RESET upon completion instead of kicking everyone out. This way people can stay and new people can join. There will probably be 30 seconds to a minute between games.

The queue system is stupid. It's also ugly as sin and has a text explosion.
That's what I said.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd Ross
So, having virtually no pvp at all at lower levels is preferable to, at the very least, having some even if you're outclassed?

If this was a voluntary scaling thing that could be chosen if (and it usually is) the queue is dead for lower tiers, there's nothing to lose.

Oh, and about "the mess pvp already is," how about dropping some suggestions with your vague complaint?
i dont want no quick fix they should scrap all this crappy pointless instanced pvp for pvp marks junk and make real pvp sectors this have been suggested all along . it would be better to just scrap it and then fill klingon side up with pve until they can get a real war system in place , patching up and trying to mend something that dosent work and give now sense of purpose other then getting purple gear is waste of time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Even if a person was scaled down or scaled up, the difference in ships might be too great.

I posted some PvP Ideas of my own on Tribble, suggesting 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 queues. That way people wouldn't have to wait for an eternity for queues to fill up and start a match.

Another idea is PvEvP. Where a players chooses to go on a PvE mission with PvP, in which one player has to accomplish a goal, but there is tasked to stop to stop them. Which essentally that Klingon can act as your personal antagonist (like Kor, Kang, and Koloth with Kirk).
You would be effective with your firepower but your skills and equipment will still be very limited vs max level. Although this suggestion has merit if you did end up with 5 lt vs 5 VA/LTG the skills would be the difference.

It would help the ques but not so much the game play. I think it would be great to see somany different ships all in the same fight. If lower tier ships could be upgraded so you couldn't just target a lower tier ship because it could be an admiral ship.

Just think how much better at PvP you would be if at lt you were fighting admirals. You would really have to be resourceful to win and if at some point you did then think of the crying that would happen.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
PvP queue should be like an FPS. You can start an instance. Everyone piles in and you can join as long as it's not full.
The game will RESET upon completion instead of kicking everyone out. This way people can stay and new people can join. There will probably be 30 seconds to a minute between games.

The queue system is stupid. It's also ugly as sin and has a text explosion.
Perfect solution right there....