Lt. Commander
# 1 Oooo- the bar been raised
07-23-2010, 03:16 PM
It just been confirmed SWTOR will have space combat , each player ship will be customizable and players can use them in combat -

link
http://www.massively.com/2010/07/23/...med-for-swtor/

Its look like the bar been raise for Cryptic and STO - wondering if anyone else think that too?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Not really; I mean, space combat has as much a part of Star Wars as the light saber duels.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Whether or not there would be ships in TOR that a player could use was never something I was worried about. I knew it was just a matter of time. What concerns me is the big NERF style weapons being so out of scale and if the world would be heavily instanced like STO or more open like SWG. I now more than ever hate loading screens with a passion and am about 2 steps away from being a complete scale nazi.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Capulet, what should it use? Spore-style planetary re-entry/take-off?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkjag View Post
It just been confirmed SWTOR will have space combat , each player ship will be customizable and players can use them in combat -

link

Its look like the bar been raise for Cryptic and STO - wondering if anyone else think that too?
This was new like 2 years ago lol,

Space combat comes with the First big patch after release and the devs had been saying over the last 2 years TOR will def have space combat.

Just go on there forums and look at the old posts and threads.

I don't really understand the excitement at this point lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanharn View Post
This was new like 2 years ago lol,

Space combat comes with the First big patch after release and the devs had been saying over the last 2 years TOR will def have space combat.

Just go on there forums and look at the old posts and threads.

I don't really understand the excitement at this point lol
I want to see videos. I want to see it actually in a game because when a dev says they are going to do something it means nothing. Things that you say you are going to do in a game are vaporware and mean nothing. Remember when they promised customizing player dances for WoW wotlk? Yeah they are coming up on the next expansion and its still no where to be seen.

Quote:
Seriously? Cryptic has been flying under the bar where it was 8 years ago. Nothing TOR will do will ever effect what path Cryptic takes with STO because they are already behind pretty much every monthly fee MMO out there. I mean, WoW is talking about giving players the ability to modify the stats on their weapons to their liking to an extent, does that mean Cryptic is sweating it out and trying to find a way to do the same thing in STO? Nope.

btw nice engrish u iz good at engrish.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjay29 View Post
Capulet, what should it use? Spore-style planetary re-entry/take-off?
What does that have to do with anything I said? I talk about the scale of the weapons in TOR and the scale of 98% of the world and objects in STO and you ask about taking off and landing? obviously there has to be a zone line somewhere, just not every 200 feet
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Quote:

link

No. With a side-order of no. Loyal Trek fans won't care and SWG veterans like myself are too disheartened to care. Beyond that the newest trailer for SWTOR with a Jedi blocking a saber with her hand literally was the last thing needed to make me absolutely stop giving a remote **** about Star Wars. Yeah, keep making Jedi unstoppable gods. It's a fun thing for those of us that like a little bit of realism with our sci-fi. Besides. If you ask me Star Wars died when Phantom Menace came out.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-24-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
What does that have to do with anything I said? I talk about the scale of the weapons in TOR and the scale of 98% of the world and objects in STO and you ask about taking off and landing? obviously there has to be a zone line somewhere, just not every 200 feet
You complained about loading screens and said you were about to become a scale nazi. I can't think of a game that loads different areas better than Spore, with its smooth (no loading screen) take off/landing method (practically zoom in/out to re-enter or take off). That's all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
I want to see videos. I want to see it actually in a game because when a dev says they are going to do something it means nothing. Things that you say you are going to do in a game are vaporware and mean nothing. Remember when they promised customizing player dances for WoW wotlk? Yeah they are coming up on the next expansion and its still no where to be seen.
your comparing Bioware to Blizzard lol,

To think they wouldn't add space combat to a SW game and after its been confirmed , shows your lack of MMO knowledge and your ability to scrape the barrel for an opinion.

Custom dances in WoW is nothing like in game space combat in TOR ha ha ha.

Quote:
Seriously? Cryptic has been flying under the bar where it was 8 years ago. Nothing TOR will do will ever effect what path Cryptic takes with STO because they are already behind pretty much every monthly fee MMO out there. I mean, WoW is talking about giving players the ability to modify the stats on their weapons to their liking to an extent, does that mean Cryptic is sweating it out and trying to find a way to do the same thing in STO? Nope.

btw nice engrish u iz good at engrish.

This comment is unreadable apart from the WoW fan boi bits.