Lt. Commander
# 41
08-17-2010, 02:51 PM
This was placed in the wrong thread, please ignore.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-17-2010, 02:53 PM
I still get "Champions Online" transactions when I purchased Cryptic Points on the STO website for use in STO. How about changing it to read: "CO/STO" so it's universal for both games?
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-22-2010, 02:35 PM
What would totally slove this problem is if this game was free to play. I mean i know for a fact this game is not reeling in great numbers because other games are free to play and this one isnt. I also know that they are planing to make this game free to play in a year what i ask is why not now while the game is new and everybody knows. It just makes sence and thats my post.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-23-2010, 05:43 AM
enough of this "why isn't it free???" nonsense. Besides, they're not going to make it free to play after having sold as many lifetime subs as they have. If they do, they better refund me an awful lot of that sub cost.
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-23-2010, 06:37 AM
crap... stop that
Quote:
I also know that they are planing to make this game free to play
yadda yadda - where's the proof? It's interesting how many people "heard" something or "know" something but somehow they never can provide a link to proof it or name a source...
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam1 View Post
I also know that they are planing to make this game free to play in a year what i ask is why not now while the game is new and everybody knows. It just makes sence and thats my post.
Link... or it didnt happen :p
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-23-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
Cryptic has taken the most phenomenal, most read, most watched, most exciting SCI-FI adventure ever in modern history, that has energized so many generations since the mid-sixties,,,, and run it into the ground --- at a loss of millions upon millions $.
You are of course entitled to your opinion but where is your evidence that STO runs at a loss? Personally I like the game. Far from perfect, to say the least, but the bits that work well work very well indeed. I purchased a Lifetime Sub and do not regret that in the slightest.
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popa
Cryptic has taken the most phenomenal, most read, most watched, most exciting SCI-FI adventure ever in modern history, that has energized so many generations since the mid-sixties,,,, and run it into the ground --- at a loss of millions upon millions $.
Sorry, my friend, that would be George Lucas with the Star Wars franchise in general; and Lucas Arts when they tapped SOE to develop and run Star Wars Galaxies back in 2002; and honestly, the more I read about Star Wars: The Old Republic coming from Lucas Arts and BioWare/EA; while I'm certain it will launch HUGE; I think they'll be seeing the same SWG type subscrioption numbers within a year; and Lucas Arts will put it on maintainence mode in short order.

But, time will tell.
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaverx
Hello,

I have recently moved and was trying to update my billing address for the credit card that is attached to both my Star Trek Online and Champions Online accounts. After updating my billing address, I received a message that my 'method of payment was declined'. In addition, my credit card information and billing address information was erased. Therefore, I tried to reenter this information and again received the 'method of payment was declined' message. Furthermore, I have no credit card information or billing address information currently attached to my account because I am unable to add any.

Thank you for any help.
There is also a possiblity that your credit card company put a "stop" on your card. Essentially, if you make purschases that are different from what you normally do such as location of purchase and so on, they flag your account and block the activity. This happened to me on two occassions. I had to call my CC company and have them unblock the card for use.
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-30-2010, 12:41 AM
I think the subscription system is very bad. Having messed with it for quite a while to get it working myself.

Why not just let ppl pay for one month at a time as well as that recurring subscription?

Lots of players will back down once they get payment problems. I had problems putting my credit card to work. It always gave me a error "payment method denied" yet my bank said its all fine. Then i made a paypal account and what do you know... it worked instantly!

And ye making the game free is not good. But make the subscription a bit cheaper. And it ends up costing Europeans more then ppl in USA which is very stupid. 15 dollars and almost 14euros (and we all know euro > dollar).
Closed Thread