Lt. Commander
# 51 I agree with you :)
09-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
You are of course entitled to your opinion but where is your evidence that STO runs at a loss? Personally I like the game. Far from perfect, to say the least, but the bits that work well work very well indeed. I purchased a Lifetime Sub and do not regret that in the slightest.
i agree, I too dont regret buying a lifetime subscription.
Its all gravy from here, I have already gotten my moneys worth.
David
Lt. Commander
# 52 This happened to me too
09-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruug View Post
There is also a possiblity that your credit card company put a "stop" on your card. Essentially, if you make purschases that are different from what you normally do such as location of purchase and so on, they flag your account and block the activity. This happened to me on two occassions. I had to call my CC company and have them unblock the card for use.
Yes! This happened to me too in Wal-Mart shortly after I changed my address. Had to call American Express and be a real a-hole with the Fraud Detection department or whatever to get it all resolved. Actually it happened multiple times, they're suuuuuper anal about stuff like that. I told them basically to knock it off or I was canceling because I have no use for a credit card that's fully paid and still gets declined.
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam1 View Post
What would totally slove this problem is if this game was free to play. I mean i know for a fact this game is not reeling in great numbers because other games are free to play and this one isnt. I also know that they are planing to make this game free to play in a year what i ask is why not now while the game is new and everybody knows. It just makes sence and thats my post.
They have to make money, and pay their development team. Not quite sure how making it free to play would achieve that. It certainly wouldn't lead to much innovation in the game, and fixing the issues that people complain about.
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryulis View Post
Link... or it didnt happen :p
http://www.google.com/profiles/stgu.team#buzz

thats the link its somwhere in there

belive me i know exactly whats happening from there

and the prices are dropping and eventualy it will go FTP
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-07-2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.google.com/profiles/stgu.team#buzz

thats the link its somwhere in there

belive me i know exactly whats happening from there

and the prices are dropping and eventualy it will go FTP

and oh ya if they cant do free to play why cant they make bank transfer a payment option at least for canadians that would be fine acctualy it would be awsome
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-07-2010, 07:46 PM
So, based on some ramblings on a random Star Trek games blog you come to the conclusion that the game is going FTP, despite what anyone from Cryptic says? Gotcha.
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-08-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyralak View Post
So, based on some ramblings on a random Star Trek games blog you come to the conclusion that the game is going FTP, despite what anyone from Cryptic says? Gotcha.
no im not exactly coming to a conclusion i. and i dont even know what cryptic is saying about this kind of stuff but its the only info ive found on the subject so im sticking with what i got and once again if sombody can pass this on 2 somone who can put in another billing option (i hope):

if not free to play id like internet bank transfer added as an option for payment for (at least) Canadians cause i got no credit card cause im 12.

and gimmie a quick reply cause i dont have all day or all night or the morning tomorrow
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam1 View Post
no im not exactly coming to a conclusion i. and i dont even know what cryptic is saying about this kind of stuff but its the only info ive found on the subject so im sticking with what i got and once again if sombody can pass this on 2 somone who can put in another billing option (i hope):

if not free to play id like internet bank transfer added as an option for payment for (at least) Canadians cause i got no credit card cause im 12.

and gimmie a quick reply cause i dont have all day or all night or the morning tomorrow
The price of the game itself dropped, not sub prices. That website is in no way linked to a Dev, so it mentioning the game going F2P is just an opinion. This post was just telling people when you cancel your card, your sub is closed. Simple add your new card and your sub is reactivated, nothing else is mentioned.

As far as you being 12 and with no cc, do they not have rechargeable cards in Canada? Just get a parent to pick one up and help you add the required amount for your games. I use rechargeable cards for lots of online purchases of which I'd prefer to keep my main card unknown.
Lt. Commander
# 59
09-08-2010, 05:17 PM
We currently have no plans to take STO free to play.

Since this thread has gone so far off topic, I'm going to go ahead and close it down.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Closed Thread