Lt. Commander
I noticed this occurring often during a Tribble test of the mission Assimilitated.

My Borg Officers were frequently affected by the debuff Assimilated.

But shouldn't they be immune to this condition?

I mean, technically, they are already assimilated, so how can they be assimilated again?

The same should apply to Liberated Borg characters.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2010, 06:24 PM
That would give a HUGE edge for anyone doing STF's. . .while I wouldn't think that they could be assimilated twice per say, they could be reintegrated, which would amount to the same thing.

~D
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-27-2010, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
I noticed this occurring often during a Tribble test of the mission Assimilitated.

My Borg Officers were frequently affected by the debuff Assimilated.

But shouldn't they be immune to this condition?

I mean, technically, they are already assimilated, so how can they be assimilated again?

The same should apply to Liberated Borg characters.
/ agreed it is common sense
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-27-2010, 08:25 AM
your borg captain or boff has been liberated from the collective therefore is fully capably of being re-assimilated into the collective.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-27-2010, 04:28 PM
If anything they'd probarbly be more susceptable. All the ground work having already been done previously.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinks View Post
If anything they'd probarbly be more susceptable. All the ground work having already been done previously.
This. And for the same reason iīm against borg enhancements for our ships, i mean you could as well just fly into borg space and surrender.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Well, not really,

It has been shown a Liberated Borg cannot be reabsorbed against their will.

I'm not sure of the reasons, but their altered nature means they are immune to assimilation.

After all, Seven of Nine had to voluntarily rejoin the Collective, the Borg Queen had no means to force her hand.

Also, there are ways of rendering certain races immune to assimilation mind control.

Ironically, for such a mentally disciplined race, Vulcans are weaker to assimilation then humans.

Tuvok was easier to absorb then Janeway and Torres.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-28-2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
Well, not really,

It has been shown a Liberated Borg cannot be reabsorbed against their will.

I'm not sure of the reasons, but their altered nature means they are immune to assimilation.

After all, Seven of Nine had to voluntarily rejoin the Collective, the Borg Queen had no means to force her hand.

Also, there are ways of rendering certain races immune to assimilation mind control.

Ironically, for such a mentally disciplined race, Vulcans are weaker to assimilation then humans.

Tuvok was easier to absorb then Janeway and Torres.
It has NOT been shown, the Borg Queen didnīt want to reassimilate Seven, because she wanted to use her individualtity against her. To show her that the Collective is better. Never was it stated anywhere that once assimilated people could never be reassimilated. Also you might wanna remember Hugh and the fact that in First Contact the Queen decided to make Picard an ordinary drone, that never happened because of data.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-28-2010, 02:23 AM
The only race that has been shown to be immune to Borg assimilation is the Undine.

Re-assimilation is entirely possible. The only case you can make against this would be improvements in resisting assimilation by research but that would not be something exclusive to liberated Borg. The treatment the Voyager crew got would apparantly work for everyone and I imagine Starfleet would try and improve on those treatments.

At best, an accolade that grants a resistance against Borg assimilation / powers from the STFs would be an option. It wont change the fact the Borg STILL have the ability to stick long tubes into you and can slap their cyborg implants into you.
Nevermind, them adapting their Assimilation process to counter-act any form of treatments.

Afterall, we already see one case of the Borg finally being able to assimilate Undine which would require a considerable improvement in assimilation technology to achieve than adapting to treatments on species they have studied at great length.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Picard is not like Seven.

All his implants were removed, whereas Seven kept most of hers (at least, the ones on the inside).

My theory is that a Borg functioning independently of the Collective can learn to control their implants and so learn a way to block out the control of the Collective.

One was immune to being controlled by the Borg, he was able to override the control of the Cube, even though he linked to the Collective and was communicating with the Borg.