Lt. Commander
# 91
03-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofKhonshu View Post
Author of this drivel needs good talking to from parents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tr..._Controversies

Encourage all to delete it.
The bitternes is strong in thatone
Lt. Commander
# 92
03-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Quote:

Why? Do you have a problem with the public knowing what happened?
Lt. Commander
# 93
03-25-2009, 02:32 PM
Quote:

Not that I actually agree with what was there, but I'm curious as to why you would "Encourage all to delete it" when you've already done so? Unless of course Khonshuknight is someone else. I'm also curious as to why you would want to deny the general public access to such information?

just a though or two

- Dahakra
Lt. Commander
# 94
03-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Quote:

And why exactly, if I may inquire?

I was there on the frontlines, too, as NeoWolf has nicely put it, and that is precisely what happened.
Exact and fair account.
Lt. Commander
# 95
03-25-2009, 02:33 PM
I tried to read every post in this thread but im afraid I only got to page 8 before I had to post, Although the winning entery is over 300 words im upset on how it has been handeled and responded to by the admin and the fans, tbh i couldnt care less what the prize for the contest is even if there is one, I personaly dont have a computer at the moment so wouldnt be able to use the beta even if I won it, I entered because the competition was fun....

Congrats to the winner again, I liked the story mostly but then I was rather upset about the 600 words so no dought my opinion was jaded...

Hats off to Awen who admitted her mistake, it takes a brave person too stand up to the wolves and take it, I personaly think that giving Beta keys as prizes is a mistake and even handing them out randomly is rather misguided, I think that the recognition of winning is reward enough and I will continue to enter the contests beta access or not...

Keep on making these great contests, I do hope you learn from your mistakes and that is good enough for me keep up the good work...
Lt. Commander
# 96
03-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Wish to stop community looking like vindictive whiney trolls on wikipedia. Guess you all happy with that representing you.
Lt. Commander
# 97
03-25-2009, 02:45 PM
In my opinion, the bummer is the lost time for other stuff that Awen has to put off to handle this, like poking Kestrel with the 'Wheres the Gorn Fiction' stick.
Lt. Commander
# 98
03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Wish to stop community looking like vindictive whiney trolls on wikipedia. Guess you all happy with that representing you.
How about you quit vandalising the STO Wikipedia page
Lt. Commander
# 99
03-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Quote:
well it hasnt gone to that point yet but i can see it coming:/
Lt. Commander
# 100
03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Vindictive whiney trolls?
You mean like:

"I am quite ashamed that instead of congratulating the winner on his awesome story, there is quite a few of you who are complaining that his story went over the 300 words. That indicates poor sportsmanship to me and also takes away the joy of our contest winner.

He won, because the story was the best out of the hundreds that we received. The entire team enjoyed it immensely.

I will be talking to Zinc today. Further contests will most likely be a random lottery due to this bent in the conversation. - Makes me sad."

ho hum
Closed Thread