Originally Posted by topekaguy1988 View Post
How about you quit vandalising the STO Wikipedia page
Tried subtle delete, now trying shame.
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofKhonshu View Post
Wish to stop community looking like vindictive whiney trolls on wikipedia. Guess you all happy with that representing you.
Here is the wiki article, line by line. Lets see exactly which is fact and which is opinion:

----------------------------

Cryptic has held several community contests that award a guaranteed slot in the closed Beta.[20]

True

The latest involved a contest to tell the story of a new alien species.[21]

True

The contest rules stipulated that the entry could not be more than 300 words,[22] yet the winning story was 609 words.[23]

True

Many in the community were upset that the judges not only seemed to ignore their own contest rules, but also appeared to blame the community for being upset.[24]

Now, had the above statements not included the words "seemed" and "appeared", this would have been opinion. However, since it does, these statements are true, as that is indeed exactly how it SEEMED.

The Dev team has since appologized to the community and stated that future contest winners will be selected by random lottery.[25]

Also true.

---------------------------------------

Everything in the wiki is true. If you dont like it, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 103
03-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Wish to stop community looking like vindictive whiney trolls on wikipedia. Guess you all happy with that representing you.
The wikipedia doesn't represent me or anybody else. Its supposed to be a repository of knowledge, as informative and truthful as possible. Its not up to you to decide what information people have access to. I would say that your action is directly against the spirit of the wikipedia project.

- Dahakra
Lt. Commander
# 104
03-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Here is the wiki article, line by line. Lets see exactly which is fact and which is opinion:

Cryptic has held several community contests that award a guaranteed slot in the closed Beta.[20]

True

True

The contest rules stipulated that the entry could not be more than 300 words,[22] yet the winning story was 609 words.[23]

True

Many in the community were upset that the judges not only seemed to ignore their own contest rules, but also appeared to blame the community for being upset.[24]

Now, had the above statements not included the words "seemed" and "appeared", this would have been opinion. However, since it does, these statements are true, as that is indeed exactly how it SEEMED.

The Dev team has since appologized to the community and stated that future contest winners will be selected by random lottery.[25]

Also true.

Everything in the wiki is true. If you dont like it, sorry.
Stop clouding the agrument with facts.
Lt. Commander
# 105
03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
Stop clouding the agrument with facts.
rofl, perfect politicians response.
Lt. Commander
# 106
03-25-2009, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post

True Two not several

True

True

Many in the community were upset that the judges not only seemed to ignore their own contest rules, but also appeared to blame the community for being upset.[24] Many not a number, holds no account. Also fails to mention all those who are happy.

Now, had the above statements not included the words "seemed" and "appeared", this would have been opinion. However, since it does, these statements are true, as that is indeed exactly how it SEEMED. Speculation. These are not facts but people's opinions. Wikipedia supposed to be facts not opinion, this is why people do not trust it.

Also true. Awen has suggested this as a possibility. May still change her mind.

Everything in the wiki is true. If you dont like it, sorry
Rebuttle in quote.

Main point about controversy is opinion and tattle. Fact is "sky is blue" or "fire is hot". "Many people unhappy" is opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Washing hands of you now. Only a fool debates a fool and I not fool.

Leave you to Khonshu's mercy. When you cry for salvation, we will say "no".
Lt. Commander
# 108
03-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Leave you to Khonshu's mercy. When you cry for salvation, we will say "no".
Awwwww man, no salvation. Sad boosh.
Lt. Commander
# 109
03-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Even though I did not put an entry into this contest. I really believe that Awen made a mistake and owned up to it which is fine with me. Although it does sadden me that all contests will now just be lotteries. Personally I think a mix of both is best. But feelings have been hurt, policies decided, and guess we have to live with what has been done.
Lt. Commander
# 110
03-25-2009, 03:15 PM
I say Cryptic makes it up to us by releasing some new info on the game and we can call it even.
Closed Thread