Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 141
03-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Steve..... Its a game. Beta's aren't getting money...aren't getting their names in the credits, aren't getting a giant ship when the game comes out.nothing but maybe some childish admiration as some really cool guy (or gal) who took part in it.

So give it a rest.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 142
03-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
Honestly, I think that this entire situation has gotten a little out of hand. I wasn't upset in the slightest that the winning entry exceeded the word limit, mostly because I also thought it was a good submission. The attitude that some people on this forum have taken actually kind of disappoints me, even moreso if it means that there will not be any more creative contests in the future considering I have had a great time coming up with submissions for them. I really hope that in time the community can kind of just look past this whole incident, both because I think the members on this forum are kind of above it and also because I wold really like to see some future contests that rely on the great creativity of the forum instead of some sort of random draw.
Well said and I agree.

The creativity contest was not removed because of the mistake.

It was removed because all the childish complaining - more to the point, the overreactive ones. Being dismayed is acceptable. Calling for someone to lose their job over it, is just stupid. Its like the guy that jumps up and down yelling that the little boy cheated during one of the picnic games.

This mistake is so small and insignificant. The sun still will rise. Food is still on the table. And I share Awens dismay at some posters overreaction to the mistake. If this were an employee picnic, I would certainly count such over reactions as marks against them in reviews and consideration for positions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 143
03-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marritza_Nador View Post
Steve..... Its a game. Beta's aren't getting money...aren't getting their names in the credits, aren't getting a giant ship when the game comes out.nothing but maybe some childish admiration as some really cool guy (or gal) who took part in it.

So give it a rest.
mate, i don't care about the beta, never did. I did not partake in the contest.
However I will not stand by and watch the honest, trustful folks, who worked hard, abiding by the firm set rules, being taken for granted and/or taken for a ride.

it's just me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 144
03-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheMeek View Post
mate, i don't care about the beta, never did. I did not partake in the contest.
However I will not stand by and watch the honest, trustful folks, who worked hard, abiding by the firm set rules, being taken for granted and/or taken for a ride.

it's just me.
After being in the military for over 20 years, i've learned...there are no firm set rules. Those who make the rules...break them when it benefits the overall goal. It happens and people should drop it from here. I also defend the underdogs, but there are times when I have to stop fighting a lost battle and look on to the next one...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 145
03-25-2009, 06:48 PM
I see your point and respect your views.
I've never been in a military and I hope i will never be.
but I did participate in many writing contests and the one thing they have to have in order not to completely bomb, to use more informal word, is a set of firm rules.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marritza_Nador View Post
After being in the military for over 20 years, i've learned...there are no firm set rules. Those who make the rules...break them when it benefits the overall goal. It happens and people should drop it from here. I also defend the underdogs, but there are times when I have to stop fighting a lost battle and look on to the next one...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 146
03-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheMeek View Post
mate, i don't care about the beta, never did. I did not partake in the contest.
However I will not stand by and watch the honest, trustful folks, who worked hard, abiding by the firm set rules, being taken for granted and/or taken for a ride.

it's just me.
Why don't you let the people that actually entered the contest, and now feel that they screwed, speak for themselves? You've already said that you will not be purchasing STO so quit your whining and move on...

Or are you expecting that your excessive moaning will cause Craig Zinkevich and Jack Emmert to show up at your door, personally beg for your forgiveness and give you a Beta slot?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 147
03-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnattyd View Post
Why don't you let the people that actually entered the contest, and now feel that they screwed, speak for themselves? You've already said that you will not be purchasing STO so quit your whining and move on...

Or are you expecting that your excessive moaning will cause Craig Zinkevich and Jack Emmert to show up at your door, personally beg for your forgiveness and give you a Beta slot?
My, such venom.
You hurt me.

I expect nothing. I don't know the guys you mention, are they MMO celebrities?

I am not blocking the disappointed participants from posting, now, am I?

So I guess the only point of your post was to tell me to shut up?
Well then, if you'd asked nicely I would have considered it.
Come on, you can do better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 148
03-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnattyd View Post
Why don't you let the people that actually entered the contest, and now feel that they screwed, speak for themselves? You've already said that you will not be purchasing STO so quit your whining and move on...

Or are you expecting that your excessive moaning will cause Craig Zinkevich and Jack Emmert to show up at your door, personally beg for your forgiveness and give you a Beta slot?

I agree. I find it very questionable that someone that has no interest in the game would be so 'in sensed' and spurred to action.

More likely the mistake provided a good opportunity to mud-sling at Cryptic.

Do what some of us have done, just add him to your ignore list.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 149
03-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post

I agree. I find it very questionable that someone that has no interest in the game would be so 'in sensed' and spurred to action.

More likely the mistake provided a good opportunity to mud-sling at Cryptic.

Do what some of us have done, just add him to your ignore list.
I lost the interest in the game today, because of the unprofessional and unbecoming actions of the devs.
Simple as that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 150
03-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Not sure if anyone would read this after 15 pages of posting or whatever, but here's what I think:

Awen... it sucks that this happened, but don't overreact. Having random lottery contests is an overreaction and you should know it. Your apology is accepted... just please move on with the planned community events.

Just... for chrissakes, be more careful, would you? You're an experienced community manager. It's not fun when something like this happens.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 PM.