Lt. Commander
# 71
03-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
Who cares how long it was?
The people who actually took the time to follow the rules, just maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 72
03-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The people who actually took the time to follow the rules, just maybe?
I'd follow the rules and I don't care...
Lt. Commander
# 73
03-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
Who cares how long it was? Its just a fun little contest. It's not anything else. I think some should really check themselves and stop blowing this way way way way out of proportion, and those coming down on Awen over such a silly and inconsequential matter should be ashamed of themselves in my opinion. Some of the things I've read from people upset about this minor thing have frankly made me embarrassed to be part of this community.
this is my very 1st community forum ive post as much as i have. the pervoius was the tabula rasa beta boards. but ive personally havent been this embarressed on a website. this contest was ment to be fun and exciting. i hoped that awen would have done a contest with a starship or something else. i personally hope that awen continues to do a awsome job.
Lt. Commander
# 74
03-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelorKiith View Post
So did I but nevertheless i can understand how people are upset about it. It became a critical mess the moment a prize as valued as a closed beta key was put in and that's were people took it very presice...
I too think it was not worth it but it happened nevertheles and the consequences are pretty obvious.
I only hope that Awen will reconsider giving the beta keys out randomly, because i still think people who can write good stuff should have a reason to do so. Also i hope that the mistake won't be repeated and that next time should there be a next time, awen will doublecheck if everything went according to rules.
Lt. Commander
# 75
03-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelorKiith View Post
Thats great. But the funny thing about life is that everyone doesnt share the same opinion as you, and that doesnt make them wrong
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Thats great. But the funny thing about life is that everyone doesnt share the same opinion as you, and that doesnt make them wrong
I just wanted to provide an example for the opposite
Lt. Commander
# 77
03-25-2009, 01:35 PM
How many words was it over the limit by?

People are acting like it's the end of the world, it was only a competition for a beta slot on a game that you're going to buy anyway, are you really that desperate to be the first through the door that you can't wait till open beta or until it's released? I think people should relax and realise that the world will still exist when they wake up in the morning, even though the winner went over the 300 word limit. I also think you need to lay of Awen, did you notice how she said it was chosen by the Judges? That means that it wasn't just Awen that chose the winner, but others too.

As for calling for her to be sacked... Grow up! This isn't AIG, she hasn't reduced the value of your house, lost billions of dollars, then been given billons of tax payer money and then awarded herself a nice fat bonus for failing has she? Some of you seem to have a superiority complex and believe that you deserve some kind of preferential treatment. She said sorry what more do you want, a solid gold Enterprise model and lifesize sculpture of Gene Roddenbery?

To be honest, i thought it was pretty good, i know there was some grammar issues with it but on my first read through i actually thought he'd written it that way so as to prove the fact that not all aliens are fully understood by the Universal Translator.
Lt. Commander
# 78
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marscentral View Post
Amen brother. Frankly, I think Awen needs a medal (and probably a stiff drink) for putting up with some of this. It's supposed to be fun, they'll probably be handing out the beta slots like sweets nearer the time anyway.
I agree as well. I think there are far more important things to get worked up about than this or any contest. Awen & all involved do a fine job keeping the community entertained on a regular basis with new information & competitions on a near daily basis.

There are ways of pointing out mistakes and ways of expressing disappointment that can be articulate & polite, whilst conveying the appropriate feelings. Some of the language and behavior of members leads me to suspect they neither deserve a beta slot or continued membership to this site.
Lt. Commander
# 79
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnattyd View Post
How many words was it over the limit by?
The limit was 300, the winning story was 609. As far as the rest of your post,

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...874#post430874

Easier than retyping
Lt. Commander
# 80
03-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanel View Post
I agree as well. I think there are far more important things to get worked up about than this or any contest.
Funny thing is, people are worked up on both sides. People are worked up about how the contest was handled, and other people are worked up about how the first group is worked up. The second group just seems to think their the only ones who have a right to get worked up about something they disagree with
Closed Thread