Lt. Commander
# 1 So I have a question
07-24-2010, 12:06 AM
You know I was reading a few dev posts and it seems that it is open and well known public knowledge that CSV is a bug witht he dmage bonus it is giving to a person that uses the skill....Sooooooo with that said

I wonder why is there no outrage over the people using it constantly in PVP where as when DOB was using TSS, a skill that was working as the devs intended to to work even after they changed the negative drain aspect of it we were constantly QQ-ed to?

Please with the It has been fixed on the tribble...I mean where is the "hey these guys r cheaters and exploiters for using this skill constantly !!"
Is everyone using the skill ? Guess so

Where are all the forum QQ-ers that cried a river over TSS crying over CSV? are they all using it so they don't want to seem like Hypocrites???
can anyone clarify for me? ROFL
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2010, 12:14 AM
i too am tired of scater volly,in realistic terms it should work like a shot gun,deadly at point blank
but pretty mutch non lethal at long range, but even from 10km away it still knocks out sheilds in seconds
its worse then when you could go all cannons no torps and rappid cruisers in 2 seconds
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-24-2010, 12:26 AM
If i remember correctly it has been fixed on tribble. But i'm not 100% certain.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-24-2010, 12:50 AM
To answer this best, I think it would be important to clarify the differences between TSS and CSV.

One of the things about CSV is that it is "just damage". Potent damage, but still damage. It spreads a very potent aoe over the targets but can easily be mitigated by normal damage counters (i.e.: healing, shield stacking). The spike coming from CSV can be pretty damn potent, but at the end of the day it is just a damage modifier. Everyone has to bring damage prevention or else they will die to anything.

TSS on the other hand affected the gamestate. In one second you had shields, and in the other second you lose the shields. For many people thats like stripping them naked and spraypainting them pink - its alienating the first time you experience it. Additionally, the counters to TSS were not very well known (ya ya, I know; we explained them ad nauseum). People didn't really feel like they had control over it.

So while TSS was certainly a valid mechanic (I still use it, killed blackjack on tuesday with it), people feel like they have control over CSV. Self defense against normal damage also works against CSV and players don't have to jump through hoops to counter it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2010, 12:52 AM
so i will take your defense of the exploit as you use the exploit at every chance you can as I know members of your "sister fleet" do. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
so i will take your defense of the exploit as you use the exploit at every chance you can as I know members of your "sister fleet" do. LOL
I just explained why most people don't have an issue with it; You can troll me all you want, but your fleet is dead.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-24-2010, 01:08 AM
well scatter volley will be fixed in 2.0 until there it is a balance issue, not a bug in my opinion, so not an exploit. but thats just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I define hypocrisy
All that happened after TSS was potent damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
You can troll me all you want, but your fleet is dead.
We still play together and rage on pretty much any game; however this game died, so of course our 'fleet' died.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV DOB will Return VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

in SW:ToR
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-24-2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumarev
I wonder why is there no outrage over the people using it constantly in PVP where as when DOB was using TSS, a skill that was working as the devs intended to to work even after they changed the negative drain aspect of it we were constantly QQ-ed to?
Probably because we don't see a new thread every day or every other day from people bragging about how great they are.

Don't want to attract QQ? Then don't bait for it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-24-2010, 05:05 AM
I don't imagine it's as obvious a problem. Fewer people are playing now and even fewer are keeping up with the ins and outs of the game mechanics, much less monitoring things like corrections that don't relate to uniform additions, audio/visual improvements, and other fluff. I myself am not a hardcore player and have made the mistake of trusting the tool tips in game rather than honing up on the research that other more dedicated players conduct.

If I hadn't run across posts, by people who I recognize as generally respectable knowledgeable players, regarding the unintended effects of Tractor Beam Repulsors with Photonic Shock Wave or the incorrect damage modifiers included on C:SV 2 and 3, I'd still be using these myself. Most players seem to demonstrate a pretty clear lack of interest in improving or understanding anymore, maybe they don't cry as much about it because they don't understand. And then too, maybe it's just to hard to distinguish between the real problems and the others that have plagued us since the start (mostly relating to poor team work).