Lt. Commander
Don't get me wrong, I like the new minigame of Dabo, but I also think that it is pretty irresponsible of Cryptic to have award's for how much you have spent & won on gambling with levels of 1000, 10000 and the epic 100,000 credits. Ethics aside, with people gambling large amounts of ec's away they also need to (if it already hasn't been implemented) have a way to cash in your Latinum for Ec's or you will see a rise in people buying credits from gold farmers to make up for the losses.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2010, 05:18 AM
100,000 credits isn't what I would really call epic.......

Lt. Commander
# 3
07-24-2010, 05:36 AM
there are so many EC in this game i could give 100'000 credits away and never miss them.

if some people want to risk real money for fake money that might never arrive via a goldseller then they will have done so already by spending their money on ships, anomalies, the exchange etc. adding dabo accolades wont change anything.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-24-2010, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saje View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like the new minigame of Dabo, but I also think that it is pretty irresponsible of Cryptic to have award's for how much you have spent & won on gambling with levels of 1000, 10000 and the epic 100,000 credits. Ethics aside, with people gambling large amounts of ec's away they also need to (if it already hasn't been implemented) have a way to cash in your Latinum for Ec's or you will see a rise in people buying credits from gold farmers to make up for the losses.
They put in a cap for how much you can bet per round of Dabo.

EC are cheap to come buy. Just one PvP match at Rear Admiral will net 14k+ credits - enough for 8 rounds of PvP to equal that max accolade.

Don't panic - math and reason have saved the day again!
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2010, 05:53 AM
It's not so much the money factor, its that they are REWARDING GAMBLING, which I find moraly wrong on Cryptics part.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
It's not so much the money factor, its that they are REWARDING GAMBLING, which I find moraly wrong on Cryptics part.
and killing people isn't? lol its a game... play it or leave it
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
We get Accolades for gambling!?! THATS HILARIOUSLY AWESOME!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Whats wrong with gambling?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-24-2010, 06:02 AM
Quote:
ethics is such a relative concept. how many people have you killed in the game, how many times have you been reward for blowing up a certain number of starships, or violated someone's territory.

its just a game, dont over think it. its not going to corrupt our civilization
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-24-2010, 06:06 AM
Quote:
I thought you stated ethics aside.

If it's not a money in this post and not ethics in your original post, then what?

Honestly, committing genocide and basically killing a few million people by Rear Admiral should raise more eyebrows than the this topic.