Lt. Commander
# 11
07-24-2010, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saje View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like the new minigame of Dabo, but I also think that it is pretty irresponsible of Cryptic to have award's for how much you have spent & won on gambling with levels of 1000, 10000 and the epic 100,000 credits. Ethics aside, with people gambling large amounts of ec's away they also need to (if it already hasn't been implemented) have a way to cash in your Latinum for Ec's or you will see a rise in people buying credits from gold farmers to make up for the losses.
in real life you gamble without you knowing about it .... is that inmorale too?
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-24-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
and killing people isn't? lol its a game... play it or leave it
agreed, moving on.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-24-2010, 06:08 AM
and you find nothing disturbing about killing 1000 Romulans Accolade?
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-24-2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
It's not so much the money factor, its that they are REWARDING GAMBLING, which I find moraly wrong on Cryptics part.
Just out of interest, who cares... its a game... its not really an ethical forum and nobody on STO is going to develop a gambeling addiction to Dabo
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-24-2010, 06:28 AM
Rewarding gambling with a pittance of fictional money that carries absolutely zero real world benefit to the players? Fake cash which isn't really all that useful even within the game itself?

Cryptic has unleashed Gamblor and we must be freed from the grips of his neon claws!
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogmahone
Whats wrong with gambling?

No doubt. Life itself is pretty much one big gamble. Shoot some people "gamble" with their life and others for that matter every day and even get paid to do so.

Hmmmm.... the OP reference to the religious morality maxim of "gambling is a sin" or some similar paradigm is rather provincial. Oh well money, chips, lives -etc... it really is all the same. What matters is the value one places on things and that of course is highly subjective to be sure.

It is like the great JTK once said, "risk is our business" and gambling is all about knowing the risk is it not?
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I like the new minigame of Dabo, but I also think that it is pretty irresponsible of Cryptic to have award's for how much you have spent & won on gambling with levels of 1000, 10000 and the epic 100,000 credits. Ethics aside, with people gambling large amounts of ec's away they also need to (if it already hasn't been implemented) have a way to cash in your Latinum for Ec's or you will see a rise in people buying credits from gold farmers to make up for the losses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlWddAXSRA
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-24-2010, 06:43 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-24-2010, 06:43 AM
I can see it now, RA's lining the walls of Sol Starbase all begging for a few EC, all with stories of gambling away their EC, their personal items and weapons, their ships items and eventually the ships themselves, and finally lowering themselves to selling their boffs to the orion syndicate only to lose and be kicked out after unsuccesfully offering one of their costume slots.

You'll give them money only to have them slink back to deep space nine in the cargo section of a hired danube runabout and gamble that away too.

It truly is a good time to be Ferengi!
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Lets not turn this into a religion bashing session please. I am catholic and I couldnt care less about a gamblers table in a game.