Lt. Commander
# 21
07-26-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
The lack of Klingon ship designs is not entirely Cryptics fault,in Star Trek the Klingon ships are build around a basic design that has endured through centuries.The tech they used improved,but the basic designs stayed the same.On the Fed side there are just more ship designs to choose from.And anything new has to be approved by CBS before we'll ever see it.Ok,that being said....on the KDF side we have Gorn,Nausicaan,Orions and Letheans...all with unique ship designs to choose from.So Cryptic,what are you waiting for?
... they are waiting for their designers and coders to finish their job and get these ships ready. At least that
's what I am reading from dstahls comments.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
The lack of Klingon ship designs is not entirely Cryptics fault,in Star Trek the Klingon ships are build around a basic design that has endured through centuries.The tech they used improved,but the basic designs stayed the same.On the Fed side there are just more ship designs to choose from.And anything new has to be approved by CBS before we'll ever see it.Ok,that being said....on the KDF side we have Gorn,Nausicaan,Orions and Letheans...all with unique ship designs to choose from.So Cryptic,what are you waiting for?
The lack of Klingon narrative has nothing to do with Cryptic, but the lack of creative design is.

This new carrier is proof that Cryptic can use their noggins to come up with something completely new - looks beautiful, so kudos to cryptic there, but just there! The spec on that ship is poorly thought out (if thought out at all). We have some sort of Tactical cruiser with a terrible turn rate and a low low hull (not that much better than a Raptor). Right now its cannon fodder
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-26-2010, 09:10 AM
I like this. Personally I prefer some of the more iconic Klingon ships like the D7 and such, but anything more they give to the Klingon faction is just a plus. I'm interested to see what comes of it. Good to hear it's going to be soon also.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
It's not.

It's for flavor. It's a distinctly klingon idea that is spawned from a very specific moment in Trek Lore (ST VI movie). And so it's something they could do to give the Klingon ships something Klingon to make them feel Klingon.

Saucer Sep isn't exactly the cat's meow right now with all of its bugs. Transwarp will be completely marginalized by getting to Ambassador level in Diplomacy. But those ideas are still "cool" because they're from the shows and the movies. That's all.

The idea isn't really about giving Klingons a super duper power. It's far more about giving Klingons something Klingon to feel Klingon.
Actually, I don't think it's quite correct to say it's distinctly Klingon. Yes, it was a Klingon BoP that had the advanced cloaking device installed, but the splinter group of Klingons who were against the peace talks between the Federation and the Klingon Empire were also working with the Romulans. The technology was most likely Romulan in origin (after all, the cloaking device itself was, IIRC) and abandoned due to the vulnerability of no shields while cloaked and too much risk of one's position being triangulated based on firing trajectories and other emissions, as seen in Star Trek VI and various episodes of TNG involving the Romulans.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-26-2010, 10:21 AM
I'd just be happy with the B'Rel skin for my T5 BoP. I could care less about gimmicky powers.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Great more fluff to use in a crap PvP system in a crapier PvE system. Well perhaps they will get onto better looking female shoes when they get through with this, 1 step closer to something meaningfull I supose.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-26-2010, 02:03 PM
I hope we see more race specific ships all around. Would be very cool, and it makes A LOT of sense on the Klingon side because of how the Empire is structured.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
Great more fluff to use in a crap PvP system in a crapier PvE system. Well perhaps they will get onto better looking female shoes when they get through with this, 1 step closer to something meaningfull I supose.
::: stands up and leans on bat'leth so as not to fall over after two many barrels of bloodwine .... please ignore hiccups ...

I actually see this as progress.

... pause for round of hiccups sounding like a war chant ....

We specifically asked they do this ... as well as asking them to give us more info on it in the two-week time frame they told us they would tell us within.

... hiccup ...

They did. ... That is progress.

.... hiccup ....

Baby steps may be small but it shows they are at least listening and working.

... burp .... sorry about that.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Anyone one to bet that the B'rel will be a C-Store version of the proto-type "Fire while Cloaked" version
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-26-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm personally eager to fly a Nausicaan ship. I look forward to sticking multiple Power Syphons on an opponent