Lt. Commander
Often times Iím playing STO and Iíve been playing for an hour or two and I want to take a little break. Well one thing I do often is surf the forums on the website, and then I get back into the game and play some more. So ultimately I have to log off, surf the forums, and then log back in. Well what if we could do that in game? (Steam users, I know you can already halfway do this.) I know you can just minimize the game, but you will be kicked off after 15 minutes of inactivity.

I know what some of you are thinking, ďWhat thatís stupid, we want more content!Ē Yes I know, me too, but this is just something that popped into my head one night and I figured I would see what everyone else thought about it.

Letís say there was a console on your bridge, ready room, and other various places within your ship that when you ďPress FĒ would take you to startrekonline.com. When you get to the website, you are already logged inÖ. because you are already logged in in-game. Then you could do some forum surfing/posting/browsing etc. I think this would be a way to add a little more functionality to the ship interiors.

What I think would be cool would be to have a fully functional web browser, in-game, but that would take quite a bit of time.

Iím not a hard-core developer or anything, so Iím not sure exactly how much it would take to implement, but, like I said earlier, this is just an idea.

What do you guys think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2010, 08:14 PM
It's already in this game. It's called "Windowed Mode", "Windows Key", "Alt Tab" among other names.

This is how it works:
When you want to web browser... now listen carefully as this is tricky... you go to another window! OMGosh!

It's so easy I can web browser between Dabo bettings and not miss a round. AMAZING!

If you use "Windowed Mode" it goes much faster too! WOW OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!

Lt. Commander
# 3
07-24-2010, 09:11 PM
be nice Gornzilla.

or we'll start feeding you vegetarians.....

Lt. Commander
# 4
07-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Meh.

I keep my iPad in front of me. Most of the time it's at STO Wiki.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2010, 10:30 PM
with xfire hating on sto for a while now it's i can see your point but it's just kind of not important.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I play windowed mode maximized, when I want to browse the net, I just hit the windows key, STO is still same size and running

Or because im Steam i hit shift/tab or whatever it is, depends on mood
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Having an in-game wiki would be nice.

Granted, some players' heads might explode at the thought of creating their own wiki.