Lt. Commander
# 1 Shield Work for Klingons
07-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi, this is not a moan or a rant but an observation. I very rarely play FvK PVP since Federation Vs Federation seems a lot more balanced. However I have noted something of interest. Why, oh why has Cryptic decided to give Klingon ships exactly the same abilities as Federation ships have. Klingon ships have a large advantage already with the quickest ship in the game, battle cloaking and "heavy duel cannons" on cruisers. Do they really need Reverse Shield Polarity or Mirical Worker considering that they already have an advantage over Federation ships.

Personally if Cyptic actually knew anything about Klingon lore, they might understand that Klingons are more based around attacking abilities such as high yield torpedoes having a higher damage yield however they have much weaker shielder then Federation. Activision did it correct with both the Armada's and Starfleet Command so why can you not? There is absolutely no uniqueness and traits to either race, you have not even considered the racial traits of the Klingon and Federation ships. Its just all the same.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCelestalis View Post
Why, oh why has Cryptic decided to give Klingon ships exactly the same abilities as Federation ships have. Klingon ships have a large advantage already with the quickest ship in the game, battle cloaking and "heavy duel cannons" on cruisers. Do they really need Reverse Shield Polarity or Mirical Worker considering that they already have an advantage over Federation ships.
That's not the ships having the same abilities, that's the bridge officers! If you're going to complain at least complain about the right thing

Also, the klingon ships do have different hull ratings, so it's not like the federation doesn't have advantages over the kilingons in certain ways.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-24-2010, 10:34 PM
I am not actually complaining but you are correct, however I have decided to label bridge officers, player abilities and weapons all under the catagory of "ship" so please do not split hairs. There seems to not be no race distinction between the Federation and the Klingons, surely both sides would not have exactly the same abilities as each other because they manage their organisations differently.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
I am not actually complaining but you are correct, however I have decided to label bridge officers, player abilities and weapons all under the catagory of "ship" so please do not split hairs. There seems to not be no race distinction between the Federation and the Klingons, surely both sides would not have exactly the same abilities as each other because they manage their organisations differently.
I remember you! Why are you complaining anyway, you spend most of your time on PVP Cap n Holds, cowering from everyone else near the Starbase. The game is more balanced pvp wise than it has ever been, all it requires is some practice and a good fleet to fly with.

Klingons are using one thing to win pvp, and that is teamwork. It has always been their trump card. They don't whine when beaten and cower at a starbase, they learn, adapt and play better. As a unit.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatmaker69 View Post
Klingons are using one thing to win pvp, and that is teamwork. It has always been their trump card. They don't whine when beaten and cower at a starbase, they learn, adapt and play better. As a unit.
Oh noes! Our secret is out!!! Charge disruptor banks to 200% FIRE!!! Burn HIM!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatmaker69 View Post
I remember you! Why are you complaining anyway, you spend most of your time on PVP Cap n Holds, cowering from everyone else near the Starbase. The game is more balanced pvp wise than it has ever been, all it requires is some practice and a good fleet to fly with.

If that is your answer then fine but that was not what the topic was about. There should be a little more of a difference between Klingon and Federation abilities, not just for PVP but to make the game more interesting and cannongorical on a whole.

Besides there is another thing that Cryptic has conviently overlooked is that the Federation already have the ability to detect cloaked ships instantly with either the Anti-Proton Beam or the Tacyhon Detection Grid or even a torpedo flare however that option is denied and conviently overlooked
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
I was purely joking with the part of my reply about ship/BO and didn't mean it as a seriously reply. I'm sorry if that didn't come across right. I don't PvP so I'm not able to give you a good serious response on the balance there.

Attempting a serious response purely on background and not actual balance. I don't think how the Federation and Klingons organisations work would make much difference at the bridge officer level. Ship combat roles would be different yes but I'd see both sides happily copying tactics from the other side that they felt would be useful to them and shield BO skills would definitely be one of those. I think klingons would applicate a tactic that lets them fight longer.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-24-2010, 10:53 PM
This makes sence, because Feds have cloak and see how game changing it's NOT, they now need to blame abilities for loosing, as there isn't much else
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-24-2010, 10:56 PM
No, don't worry, I was not offended. Anyway... I understand what you are saying however I believe that there needs to be a little more difference to make both sides interesting. For example, the comparison of a Discipline Priest and Holy Priest on wow, both the same type of priest but slightly more difference in way of abilities would make the game far interesting. Varitity is the spice of life.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankah View Post
This makes sence, because Feds have cloak and see how game changing it's NOT, they now need to blame abilities for loosing, as there isn't much else
I'll be the first to admit, yeah... I'm crap at fighting Klingons but that is really not the issue. This is not about Klingons always winning PVP because the grand scheme of things that means jack.