Lt. Commander
# 11
07-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondCelestalis View Post
For example, the comparison of a Discipline Priest and Holy Priest on wow, both the same type of priest but slightly more difference in way of abilities would make the game far interesting. Varitity is the spice of life.
I've never played WoW, so the example doesn't work the best for me

I get the idea of differences making it more interesting though but is BOs the right place to try and do that? Ship differences seems better and to an extent are already there, the Bird of Prey being different in play style to any Federation ship?
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I guess you might be right, it just seems like Cryptic copied the ability list from the Federation side and gave the Klingon's exactly the same bridge officer abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
I guess you might be right, it just seems like Cryptic copied the ability list from the Federation side and gave the Klingon's exactly the same bridge officer abilities.
They copied everything, Beta we were literally a carbon copy in alot of areas, we even couldn't buy stuff because what we were getting credits wise was different then what the stores took, lol

Except they only gave us 2 sector blocks to fly around in,, and still do
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
I might be wrong too, it could just be the battle cloak that gives the Birds of Prey a different combat style. If they do add Romulans sometime, it'll be interesting to see if they can make their combat style feel different to the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
See, I get what you're saying. You're saying that the Klingons have exactly the same Captain powers and Bridge Officer powers as the Feds. It would be cooler if the two sides had different powers, because it'd make each faction more unique.

BUT! If the two factions had completely different powersets, it'd make balancing combat a lot more difficult.

Also! If one side gets a certain power, and the other side doesn't...players are gonna see that as unfair. And they would demand that they get the power as well.

Right now, the two factions are distinguished not by player powers, but ship stats. And what happens?

Fed players are constantly complaining that the Feds don't get Battle Cloak or Carriers...while the Klingon players are unhappy that they don't have proper Science Ships or T5 Refits with special powers.

Each side wants what the other side has. Because each side perceives the other faction's unique stuff as an advantage...and wants it as well. That's just how players think.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-25-2010, 12:22 AM
feds have 2x the shield capacity of klingons with the same skills trained and shield unit equipped so i dont see how you can claim klingons have superior shields to the feds
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-25-2010, 12:29 AM
romulans of this era have ships that fire while cloaked, but the weapons fire makes them more susceptable to detection and their shields while cloaked are very minimal, only enough to prevent instant death from a mine or torpedo hit.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-25-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acylion
See, I get what you're saying. You're saying that the Klingons have exactly the same Captain powers and Bridge Officer powers as the Feds. It would be cooler if the two sides had different powers, because it'd make each faction more unique.

BUT! If the two factions had completely different powersets, it'd make balancing combat a lot more difficult.

Also! If one side gets a certain power, and the other side doesn't...players are gonna see that as unfair. And they would demand that they get the power as well.

Right now, the two factions are distinguished not by player powers, but ship stats. And what happens?

Fed players are constantly complaining that the Feds don't get Battle Cloak or Carriers...while the Klingon players are unhappy that they don't have proper Science Ships or T5 Refits with special powers.

Each side wants what the other side has. Because each side perceives the other faction's unique stuff as an advantage...and wants it as well. That's just how players think.
It's called an arms race! People searching for bigger rocks for smashing heads