Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Seems like going there right now is not a good idea for a mission then. Though Nexus coming back, as some peole have said, opens up interesting posibilities...
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I'm inclined to think that the planet was uninhabited, since there was no mention of it in Generations.

As far as I'm concerned, the Saucer is probably still there, as a memorial and a bit of monument for having saved the Federation countless times.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Well.... sense it's here, I might aswell post. The question I have is... does the Nexus exist in the Nexus? Bare with me here, this could be complicated. STO is based on the Prime universe as we seen it grow out, right up to Nemesis. But if I remember all the movies correctly, Picard was around. If we remember from Generations, he got sucked into the Nexus. The Nexus is a pretty nice place, I'll grant that, but it's only nice in illusion. See, Picard wished that he could go back to Viridiian, to stop Soran. The Nexus, being what it is, granted Picards wish. But being what it is, it wouldn't let him go. So, if you followed correctly, Picard never left the Nexus, but instead stopped Soran in his Nexus made Illusion. That means that everything in the Prime universe that occured after Generations actually happened in the Nexus. What the means is that we are all playing in the Nexus Universe.. what that also means is that JJ's stupid revision of ST in his alt universe (here after called the JJ-verse) is also in the Nexus. How we know this is that Spock from the Prime universe was sucked into the JJ-verse, which ties the JJ-verse directly to the Prime universe, which is in the Nexus, and so by being connected to Prime, the JJ-verse is also in the Nexus.

So, my point is. I think SF would have salvaged the D, I wouldn't be surprised if she's in the basement of some muesam somewhere collecting dust. What really makes my heart weep is that there will be no visiting Romulus and seeing the shattered hull of the -C
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
Well.... sense it's here, I might aswell post. The question I have is... does the Nexus exist in the Nexus? Bare with me here, this could be complicated. STO is based on the Prime universe as we seen it grow out, right up to Nemesis. But if I remember all the movies correctly, Picard was around. If we remember from Generations, he got sucked into the Nexus. The Nexus is a pretty nice place, I'll grant that, but it's only nice in illusion. See, Picard wished that he could go back to Viridiian, to stop Soran. The Nexus, being what it is, granted Picards wish. But being what it is, it wouldn't let him go. So, if you followed correctly, Picard never left the Nexus, but instead stopped Soran in his Nexus made Illusion. That means that everything in the Prime universe that occured after Generations actually happened in the Nexus. What the means is that we are all playing in the Nexus Universe.. what that also means is that JJ's stupid revision of ST in his alt universe (here after called the JJ-verse) is also in the Nexus. How we know this is that Spock from the Prime universe was sucked into the JJ-verse, which ties the JJ-verse directly to the Prime universe, which is in the Nexus, and so by being connected to Prime, the JJ-verse is also in the Nexus.

So, my point is. I think SF would have salvaged the D, I wouldn't be surprised if she's in the basement of some muesam somewhere collecting dust. What really makes my heart weep is that there will be no visiting Romulus and seeing the shattered hull of the -C
owe that hurt my brain
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
I... um... well, you see... when...

F*ck.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
Easiest way to justify going back to that planet is having the Nexus return.
I'd mentioned to Kestrel a while ago that the Nexus is scheduled to return to Federation space in 2410. Just a year away...
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-08-2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
I'd mentioned to Kestrel a while ago that the Nexus is scheduled to return to Federation space in 2410. Just a year away...
Maybe they will make a weekly episode out of it?

On a side note Soft Canon or not i loved the Shatnerverse books.

I hated how they killed him off in Generations. Seeing as we have Borg/Romulen combinations all over anyway I think it would be cool if STO used stuff from the books.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-08-2010, 03:39 PM
But Cryptic DOES use material from the books. That's why the Luna is in STO. But Cryptic has to go through Paramount / CBS with what can be added to the game.

As for the remains of the Enterprise D, it would be nice to visit. But inspite what people think about Shatner's book, it does sound like the Federation would recover the remains in order to preserve the Prime Directive.

However, if Verdian is ever added, I'm sure the scar from the Saucer would still be there. And perhaps Kirk's memorial as well.
Lt. Commander
# 19 like the idea
08-10-2010, 01:14 PM
I like this idea....and that it came from mass effect. I also like the trekkie who let us know the specifics on the timeline. Maybe cryptic can come up with another Q mission where he takes us back to the crash site.....I think more of these types of missions would be awesome. Or maybe a holodeck simulation mission, we do scan crashed probe parts all the time anyway...maybe a training mission on the crashed enterprise could be some sort of forensics/recovery training.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-10-2010, 05:09 PM
The problem is that, assuming the Shatnerverse holds, part of the cleanup would presumably be replanting the forest. So thirty or forty years on there's going to be..well, just random forest. Actually, even if they just removed the ship (and they would, Shatnerverse or no - even a ~10 year old hull is still going to have stuff Starfleet doesn't want in the public domain), large chunks of the site would probably regrow in a few decades anyway.

Although I can imagine the dialogue:

Boff: Captain, we've arrived in the Veridian system and the Nexus is due in three hours. Local sensors are still picking up a mild elevation in antiproton levels from the Enterprise-D's destruction here, but otherwise nothing of note.

Boff 2: I'm not sure if the name Enterprise is lucky or cursed. They lost the ship to a fluke hit, but managed to get the entire crew off in the saucer section. The only death was Ambassador Picard's fish. On the bright side, there aren't any Klingons around this ti...

*Jar'od's ship decloaks*

BOff 2: ...I'm taking a vow of silence.