Awesome work Coldsteel!
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Congrats !!
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-26-2009, 03:28 PM
yo.congrats on the contest.hope youi had fun joining.i wish i was you though.besides.you deserved it.
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Good work there. Ha, I'm getting a little sick while rocking in my chair just thinking about that kind of motion sensitivity.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Congratulations, the best decision in this matter. I hope this settles it permanently...

@Admiral Wynn
You got what you wanted, can't you just leave the matter please? I'm sick and tired of this discussion and i don't want to read about this in a week...
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreffnonX View Post
I'm sick and tired of this discussion and i don't want to read about this in a week...
You do realize that no one is making you read about it, right? You have free will
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Glad to see something good come of all this.. Enjoy your Beta..

[no references to Sen Joseph McCarthy are necessary.please.don't be a raven or a Tellarite about it]
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimshot View Post
The way I interpreted it, it was never explicitly stated that we had to keep to that setting. I know I didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entry Requirements View Post
1. The entry must be a response to the following description and the accompanying image on the Webpage:
Travelling the Universe on a starship, you’ve met a lot of different people from a lot of different planets. It’s rare for you to come across a new entity, but that’s a part of the thrill. So, when you strolled into the cantina at your latest docking station and saw an empty seat next to someone from a species you’d never seen before, you smiled, sat yourself down, and said, “So, where are you from? And can I buy you a drink?”

Your new friend may smile and accept the drink, or they may stand up in disgust because you’ve violated one of their cultural taboos, or they may throw their arms around you in glee because where they come from “can I buy you a drink” is a marriage proposal.

You tell us their answer. What planet are they from? What kind of culture did they grow up in? How did they end up here, sitting next to you in a space station cantina?

Introduce us.
That seems fairly clear, again, not trying to be a total d!ck, just find it curious.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkblaster View Post
That seems fairly clear, again, not trying to be a total d!ck, just find it curious.
You've got to be kidding me. The first winner broke the word limit rule(#5), and the second broke the setting rule(#1). I honestly cant believe this just happened

Alien Identification Contest Rules
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-26-2009, 04:31 PM
just so I know what are people complaing about now?