Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Cryptic doesn't consider new ships like the Galaxy-X as being things that affect gameplay.
Probably has something to do with every other cruiser in the game, including the Retrofit Galaxy, being better than it.

Anyways, Stormshade and dstahl have already addressed this issue. This thread isn't ever going to do the heavy lifting of researching those statements. But rest assured ... folks who've been keeping up with current dev chatter know what their stance on this thread's topic is.

Since this thread can't force change in any noticable way ... the only thing left to do is standard internet forum posting behavior. Most of which, I'm pretty tired of. So you guys and gals have fun with that. Save the internet one post at time!
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintri View Post
The blue phasers also scaled to your level last I heard.
yes, but better versions are almost always available in game (they scale to the odd numbered levels from what I've seen)
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
yes, but better versions are almost always available in game (they scale to the odd numbered levels from what I've seen)
Level cap increases to 51. The blue phasers are back! They make a great holdover until you can grind 180 emblems for Mk XI. And even those Mk XI's are just laterally better.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Level cap increases to 51. The blue phasers are back! They make a great holdover until you can grind 180 emblems for Mk XI. And even those Mk XI's are just laterally better.
Sweet
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
My main point is, what do ya'll think of the last bullet point? Has anyone been able to get the Connie or the Galaxy-X by playing the game? Try to state your opinion of Cryptic's handling but don't attack each other, keep it clean!
I could have sworn that it was originally stated that items with potential game-altering effects would be able to be earned outside of the C-Store, not just necessarily in-game.

Really, this topic is starting to get out of hand. Most (at least half) of the items currently up on the C-Store can be gotten through alternative means. As far as I know, the pre-order and edition items can still be unlocked through their respective promotion. And until we know otherwise, the RAF is still in effect, which means that if you refer five friends and they pay for at least a one month sub...well, you can get the Galaxy-X for free.

The majority of the rest are either purely cosmetic or account management transactions, which would not fall under the category that you highlighted in red.

And, guess what? You don't NEED the items being sold to enjoy the game. If you don't like it, then don't purchase them. If only Cryptic would focus on actual in-game content rather than working on fluff for the C-Store...
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I could have sworn that it was originally stated that items with potential game-altering effects would be able to be earned outside of the C-Store, not just necessarily in-game.

Really, this topic is starting to get out of hand. Most (at least half) of the items currently up on the C-Store can be gotten through alternative means. As far as I know, the pre-order and edition items can still be unlocked through their respective promotion. And until we know otherwise, the RAF is still in effect, which means that if you refer five friends and they pay for at least a one month sub...well, you can get the Galaxy-X for free.

The majority of the rest are either purely cosmetic or account management transactions, which would not fall under the category that you highlighted in red.

And, guess what? You don't NEED the items being sold to enjoy the game. If you don't like it, then don't purchase them. If only Cryptic would focus on actual in-game content rather than working on fluff for the C-Store...
How is it getting out of hand, everyone seems pretty calm and collected.

Btw, Any micro-transaction that has a game effect can also be earned in the game through playwas the main point. It doesn't say outside of the C-Store, it clearly says through play.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
In this thread, yes, it seems pretty civil. I was referring to all of the threads that pop up in regards to the C-Store. And I've participated in most of the larger discussions, so you should know my stance on the store.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:

Btw, Any micro-transaction that has a game effect can also be earned in the game through playwas the main point. It doesn't say outside of the C-Store, it clearly says through play.
They have already "revised" that statement. If only i knew how to link. This topic was discussed before and dStahl responded multiple times to it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
In this thread, yes, it seems pretty civil. I was referring to all of the threads that pop up in regards to the C-Store. And I've participated in most of the larger discussions, so you should know my stance on the store.
I haven't participated in every discussion so I don't really know it.

I personally am opposed to any game changing things in the C-Store, but have no problem with cosmetic stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
They have already "revised" that statement. If only i knew how to link. This topic was discussed before and dStahl responded multiple times to it.
Where?
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Where?
Deja vu. lol