Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
07-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Where?
Mr.Stahl something doesn´t seem right - has comments from StormShade starting at page 33.

Memo to myself: i have to find out how to link stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I haven't participated in every discussion so I don't really know it.

I personally am opposed to any game changing things in the C-Store, but have no problem with cosmetic stuff.
I have nothing against the concept of the C-Store, but I do not like how Cryptic has been treating it. I was fine with it up until the fiasco with the pre-order items...then it just continued to go downhill from there.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I have nothing against the concept of the C-Store, but I do not like how Cryptic has been treating it. I was fine with it up until the fiasco with the pre-order items...then it just continued to go downhill from there.
I fully agree.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1

Memo to myself: i have to find out how to link stuff.
When you are making a post, there is a little menu/header in this here message box. It's got font selection, font color, B, I, U, and list functions. There's a little globe icon with a chain link. That's the link button. Click on it ... paste in the web address of your link. It will then automatically put the link text in there with the tags. Then most of us usually change the link address in the text area to words, like "Link Here" or whatever you fancy.

Or, worst comes to worst ... just drop a web address straight into the message box, it'll link all by itself.

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Agreed, plus the ever increasing disparity between actual in-game content and c-store content. It's fine if want to have like 90-95% of options as actual content and 10-5% posted on the c-store. It's however absolutely not fine when you have only 56% content availiable to subscribers while 44% of it's sitting in the c-store (see Fed Races in this case, or any races/costumes/bridges). Races for one never should've been restricted to the c-store, and now even going as far as restricting ship classes to the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
I could have sworn that it was originally stated that items with potential game-altering effects would be able to be earned outside of the C-Store, not just necessarily in-game.

****Not directed at you Jack.

I guess you can always try to purchase an account off of eBay that the original user was kind enough to purchase all of items before giving up?

... but for alot of items, you cannot "purchase" or acheive in game.
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I simply cant stomach reading this entire thread. So if this has been said already, my apologies.

Tarjan asked the same question in another topic. Shame the OP missed it
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
You actually missed my point it was c store was supposed to be cosmetic as in nothing that affects the game in any way...... thats how it was marketed now its selling more and more stuff that has an effect in game...
And StormShades reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I'll admit that there is an imbalance right now due to the Galaxy X being in the C-store. However, once Season 2 is on Holodeck, there will be ships of equivalent strength available to players in-game for no additional charge.

As for the special species unlocks in the C-store, each race there is no more powerful than one you have access to automatically through normal game play.

So, any item that can be bought in the C-store continues to have an item of equal power in the game available through natural game play. This is the core of the promise we made to you. We will not sell "I win" buttons for Cryptic Points. The Sword of Khaless, Picard's Wig, and Kirk's Pheromone Cologne, or any other type of Epic Phat Lootz will not be available in the C-store without first making sure that you can earn an item in-game, of equal power. Any item on the store which has an in-game effect will continue to have an item in-game of equal power and usefulness.

I also believe that most everything on the C-store is actually cosmetic when you boil right down to it. The sole exception to this currently is the Galaxy X, and once the Refits come out with Season 2, I believe that imbalance will be corrected. Additionally, according to the vast amount of player feedback, The Galaxy X as it is not not currently out of line with the rest of the ships in the game.

Thanks,

Stormshade
This seems to answer directly the OPs original question. Maybe now he will stop all these rants and topics.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
I simply cant stomach reading this entire thread. So if this has been said already, my apologies.

Tarjan asked the same question in another topic. Shame the OP missed it

And StormShades reply.

This seems to answer directly the OPs original question. Maybe now he will stop all these rants and topics.
Btw, way to copy paste the same "answer" to a question in two threads with two issues, Epic Fail!

As for Stormshades reply, the stament doesn't say

"Any micro-transaction that has a game effect will have a equal item earned in the game through play"

it says

"Any micro-transaction that has a game effect can also be earned in the game through play"

Might want to read before making comments, it helps them make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I got the wrong topic. And ive already corrected it in the previous thread. Perhaps if you didn't start so many on similar topics you'd find getting proper responses less troublesome.
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
I got the wrong topic. And ive already corrected it in the previous thread. Perhaps if you didn't start so many on similar topics you'd find getting proper responses less troublesome.
They are two different topics, maybe if you read you wouldn't have such trouble giving proper responses.