Lt. Commander
# 111
07-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I have been persistent and polite, and what is there to rework?
I don't know. I'd have to see what you've written to him. But I did spend a lot of time as a copy editor and have helped a lot of people with their writing over the years. And obviously your idea isn't getting a response, so some rewrites might definitely be in order.

Quote:
Actually, players can affect change, (Gal-X threads, Exclusives in the C-Store, etc.)
That's not quite the same thing. That was a massive amount of players. You don't seem to have that type of support network here. You're going it mostly alone. You need to focus on your idea and get it to the right people, since the inertia is working against you here. You don't have the leverage to change their minds with thousands of posters agreeing with you. So you have to switch to a more focused tactic.

Quote:
According to Coderanger, they don't respond to them and this is the only way to get a resp0nse.
That's not what Coderanger told you. You're locking in on semantics. And that's never going to get you anywhere. Coderanger said they don't have the time to always respond to individual communications.

You really would be so much more successful if you changed your tactics. As it is now you tend to go about this entirely the wrong way. I'm trying to give you some helpful advice. I really am. I've worked in the media for almost 15 years. I've been an editor. And a designer. And I've even worked in marketing. The journey you are taking with your ideas is a dead end. There's a much more effective way of doing this. But you seem to be very resistant to trying them.

Anyways, good luck with the choices you make.
Lt. Commander
# 112
07-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I don't know. I'd have to see what you've written to him. But I did spend a lot of time as a copy editor and have helped a lot of people with their writing over the years. And obviously your idea isn't getting a response, so some rewrites might definitely be in order.

That's not quite the same thing. That was a massive amount of players. You don't seem to have that type of support network here. You're going it mostly alone. You need to focus on your idea and get it to the right people, since the inertia is working against you here. You don't have the leverage to change their minds with thousands of posters agreeing with you. So you have to switch to a more focused tactic.

That's not what Coderanger told you. You're locking in on semantics. And that's never going to get you anywhere. Coderanger said they don't have the time to always respond to individual communications.

You really would be so much more successful if you changed your tactics. As it is now you tend to go about this entirely the wrong way. I'm trying to give you some helpful advice. I really am. I've worked in the media for almost 15 years. I've been an editor. And a designer. And I've even worked in marketing. The journey you are taking with your ideas is a dead end. There's a much more effective way of doing this. But you seem to be very resistant to trying them.

Anyways, good luck with the choices you make.
He said to get a RESPOnSE, I have to post here, not for it to get read, but to get a response.

Exactly what is this much more effective way of doing this?

Sending PM's (done it)

Make a thread (done it)

Send emails ( done it)

Calling (tried it)

Contact Atari (tried it)
Lt. Commander
# 113
07-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DES_SNIPER View Post
Wasnt the TOS uniform pre-order as well as another item. The TOS uniform ended up in the C-store. Not sure about the other item....Wait, wasnt it the KHAAAAN!!! Emote?

But anyway, atleast one CE item did end up on he C-Store.
Like the OP stated the TOS was not a preorder nor was Khaan emote that was all part of the DDE.

http://www.atari.com/games/startrek_...xe_ed/download

The only preorder stuff I think we are missing is the Steam preorder armor and the Wal-Mart preorder bonus skill points.

Uniforms were not part of a preorder.
Lt. Commander
# 114
07-26-2010, 09:47 PM
better now
Lt. Commander
# 115
07-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Sorry, William but i do not really think they stole anything from you.

From the start when i bought the game and when i chose to become i lifer i new that some item would make it to the store and i do not mind it. I got a Liberated Borg for the lifer and a TOS connie when i bought the game and i see them has a bonus because i would have bought the game and chose a life item anyway.

If you bought the game many times just for the item and chose not to read the faq about them it's your fault and not Cryptic fault for that.

I for one, do not see why they should give you anything. People who want a TOS connie must pay for it and i got mine with the game i bought. What do i lose... Nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 116
07-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomasach View Post
I got my TOS connie from Gamestop when i bough the game from them before STO was in open beta.
Yes but that is already on the C-store. I got my connie from Gamestop also.
Lt. Commander
# 117
07-26-2010, 10:31 PM
better now
Lt. Commander
# 118
07-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomasach View Post
I just mean by that is that i think it was one. I mean when i bought the game from Gamestop it was a pre-order and it was marked has a bonus (like i say, i think so)... Sadly i no longer have the page from them.
What are you talking about?

Read the responses I am refereeing to.

He stated something was a preorder item I stated it was not but came with an edition of the game. Also he is talking about things that were preorder that are in the c-store and I listed things that were preorder that have not been put onto the c-store then you start saying you got a connie from Gamestop.

If you want to make a statement that is off topic, donít quote someone.
Lt. Commander
# 119
07-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Good luck on compensation, I think that ship sailed along time ago.
Lt. Commander
# 120
07-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Helpless pixels are being murdered for no good reason.... Dear Gawd, why is this thread not locked? The horror... the horror...
Closed Thread